Information Links Here

guardian

Hi guys,i'm not really in the same 'game' as you lot.

I'm quite into bodybuilding and keeping an eye on your fat levels aswell as losing fat is quite an improtant part of this type of training.

I hope this link is quite useful for you guys.All about Bodyfat monitoring and how to take the correct measurements.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson98.htm

Obviously not everyone can get their hands on decent caliphers.Towards the bottom of the page,there is an explanation on how to measure your BF% without using caliphers.Its not 100% accurate ,but trust me,its close enough.

IMO,its better to monitor you BF% than constantly using scales.Scales can fluctuate greatly and this can really destroy motivation etc

Its ok to link that article isnt it?

Edited by Jonson83

This is a good site for nutritional information for pretty much every food there is, really good for planning diets etc. Take the star ratings for weight loss, and weight gain with a pinch of salt. For example it says Tuna is 2 stars for weight gain, on its own maybe but couple it with bodybuilding and its very effective.

Hope it comes in useful! www.nutritiondata.com

Many thanks for the useful links already posted!

Please be aware of the new forum links policy- all links MUST be placed in this thread (you can refer to them in the other threads), and MUST go directly to some sort of useful information- no electronic storefronts or sales pages, please. Spam is still strictly prohibited.

"Steven"

What is the rational for removing links from the context where they are useful and putting them in this thread where they will get lost? I can imagine encouraging them to end up in here *as well* could be good, but removing them from context just makes it much more likely information will not be read, people remain ignorant and destroy the value of the conversation (less information available, less informed people commenting).

What is the rational for removing links from the context where they are useful and putting them in this thread where they will get lost? I can imagine encouraging them to end up in here *as well* could be good, but removing them from context just makes it much more likely information will not be read, people remain ignorant and destroy the value of the conversation (less information available, less informed people commenting).

the point is to have them organised in one place for ease of access and to keep them from getting lost in the other threads. Presumably, the links allowed here (not news links, which should go in the threads) are of permanent informational value. Plus, I'll admit, it make it easier for me to vet them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
How about pinning up links that help people trying to loose weight like Crossy's useful Body Mass Index Calculator and other links to useful informations like which food item contributes how many calories etc ? :o

www.gastricbypassthailand.com has information and links regarding obesity - especially current trends in weight loss surgery available in Bangkok, Thailand

Maybe it would make more sense to vet links and if they are relevant information tools to the content ( not blatant spam, advertising ect. ect. ) then let them stay where they can be easily available.

If they are not edit them, simple init.

I for one have not put useful links in for reasons in the vain of Stubs observations.

We all loose out as i feel others have been discouraged with similar thoughts.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

Thanks for your suggestions, marshbags, but if the links are useful, they should be useful enough that it's good to have them available here persistently (and not sinking as the threads disappear and then reposted time after time). Plus, this means I don't have to go scanning and editing through every post (and the posts which quote the posts) which has a non-news link on the fly, remember which are "good" and which are not.

Since links are a grey area anyway on Thaivisa, it's not my desire or my brief to make the subforum particularly "link friendly." As I've said before, if it becomes a hassle I'll simply ban most links in general, as that's the default rule for Thaivisa.

If you're clever enough to post a link, then you're clever enough to post it here and refer to it in other discussion on the forum. As this is not a discussion thread, let's leave it at that.

"Steven"

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

If you want to lose some weight then following a healthy eating plan is a good start, but allowing someone else to dictate exactly what, when and how much you can eat is crazy making. Guidance is good but ultimately you must learn to make better choices in your eating which leads to your gaining the ability to maintain your new shape after the weight has been lost. The answer is clean eating diet

• 8 months later...

Stop counting calories guys.. It's all about the quality of food that you eat, not about the calories. 5000 calories of fries aren't gonna have the same effects on the body as 5000 calories worth of fruits.

Eat the most natural food that you can find. Meat, fruits, vegetables, nuts, milk. Avoid sugar and simple carbs completely. You'll notice a big difference just by doing that in your diet.

Good luck everyone! :)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/23/2016 at 3:28 PM, Go2thegym said:

I read an article about intermittent fasting. it's also called 5:2 fasting. I wonder how easy it is?!

I just thought it was interesting. Has anyone tried it? Here is the link Intermittent Fasting 5:2 Fasting

Have a good one! 

Hell NO. I tried that one and ended up feeling like *beep* for the 2 days. It was extreme. 

All those calorie counting websites are helpful if you live in the west, since the database is based on what's sold in the US etc. How many calories does 1 moo ping have? How many calories does a portion of larb have? None of those apps have a clue. That has been my challenge in losing weight while in Thailand. This guy provides some tips on lower calorie or lower carb Thai meals: http://muaythaipros.com/the-15-healthiest-thai-food-dishes-in-thailand/