Four Turkish men arrested for illegally operating paragliding business on Koh Samui

rooster59

Four Turkish men arrested for illegally operating paragliding business on Koh Samui

koh sam.JPG

Image: OBN News

Four Turkish men have been arrested on Koh Samui for illegalling operating a parasailing and paragliding business on Koh Samui.

The men were arrested on Friday after tourist police officers received video footage taken by locals which showed the paragliding taking place on Lamai beach, and which it was said could be a danger to people on the beach.

The four men named as Mr Cenk Kuru, Mr Erdogan Sansli, Mr Necdet Kara and Mr Aziz Alkan, admitted to running the paragliding business and told police they earned up to 4,000 baht per ride.

While Mr Kuru was found to have a work permit, the reason for employment stated showed a different occupation to the one he was actually doing.

OBN News reported that the other men were charged for not having a work permit.

The men were also found to not have a valid boating license nor did they have a license for the boat itself.

Police have now seized the boat and all the equipment and in the process of preparing a legal case against the four men.

Source: OBN News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-08

7 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

video footage taken by locals which showed the paragliding taking place on Lamai beach, and which it was said could be a danger to people on the beach.

One wonders how dangerous it would have been considered if local people were running it. I am all for shutting down illegitimate unlicensed businesses. It would be nice to see things done a little more even evenhandedly though, as locals seem to be able to quite literally get away with murder and still keep operating.

In my opinion...deport them and blackball them from ever returning to Thailand. I worked in Thailand and my company had to do backflips to get me a Work Permit. I lived in Thailand and did everything they asked regarding to keep my various Visas current. I respect the Thais and their desire to rid their country of those who do not follow the rules. I am now doing the same in the Philippines. Need to respect the rules of the Country you are in. Never mind telling me about how the Thai police don't treat everyone the same. Tough s.. . If you don't like it leave.

4 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

In my opinion...deport them and blackball them from ever returning to Thailand. I worked in Thailand and my company had to do backflips to get me a Work Permit. I lived in Thailand and did everything they asked regarding to keep my various Visas current. I respect the Thais and their desire to rid their country of those who do not follow the rules. I am now doing the same in the Philippines. Need to respect the rules of the Country you are in. Never mind telling me about how the Thai police don't treat everyone the same. Tough s.. . If you don't like it leave.

Do you have any comment to make about Turks & paragliders on Ko Samui ?

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The men were arrested on Friday after tourist police officers received video footage taken by locals which showed the paragliding taking place on Lamai beach, and which it was said could be a danger to people on the beach.

Lmao... it’s amazing to see how different people view “danger”

to me, the video on display, with an obviously experienced operator, in the correct control position, harnessed in place, resulted in a great landing ..... unlike the monkey in the rigging BS seen in thai operations

so... a safer overall operation, by foreigners.... those unclean barstools!

yes yes... illegal workers... no permits... unlicensed boat.... distribution issues with envelopes... etc etc.... bad Turks!

That said, it would be really really advantageous, imho, to include a four week training course in their punishment ( for showing Thais up), whereby they “attempt” to impart some knowledge to locals, allowing everyone to benefit.

Would the Turks security standards of their paraglides be any worse then the safety standards of the locals ? ....doubt it....

however, only a fool would rent either a jetski, indulge in paragliding or similar water sport in any tourist spot of Thailand....sad and a pity...but the scams and low standards are just not worth the risk....

On 4/8/2018 at 9:30 AM, taipan1949 said:

you dont  have to respect  them  just  observe them, many are plain dumb

Archived