French cop held for rape of British teen on Koh Tao

webfact

French cop held for rape of British teen on Koh Tao

1pm.jpg

A man claiming to be a French policeman was arrested in Phuket on Sunday after an 18 year old British woman said that she had been raped on Koh Tao.

Yohan Michael Tunka Buaga, 26, denies rape saying the sex was consensual.

Pol Lt Col Piyapong Bunkaew told Daily News Sunday that the suspect had been apprehended in Phuket after leaving a hotel room in Koh Tao.

The 18 year old had gone out on Wednesday evening with another woman and her Turkish boyfriend and met the suspect. She thought she had been drugged.

She woke up next morning in Room 203 at a hotel and there was a black man in boxer shorts next to her. He was fondling her genitals.

She was dressed only in a t-shirt. She felt pain in her genital area, reported Daily News.

She dressed quickly in the toilet where she sent a message to a friend in Britain to say she had been raped by a black man. She then left and called her mother who contacted the British Embassy.

Police in Koh Tao were alerted and she was checked at a hospital in Koh Tao.

Police found that the room was rented to Mr Buaga and he was now gone. He was found in Phuket at the weekend.

He admitted that he had met the teen and that they had got on well together. They then went to his room where consensual sex took place.

He has been detained.

He told Koh Tao cops that he is a French policeman on holiday.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-09

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, chippendale said:

Model French citizen.

Woman drugged by an exotic stranger, wakes up in an unknown hotel room in pain. Clearly a black and white case of illegal monkey business by this Tunka Bunga fella. Lock him up in a prison cage for a few years.

Lets wait and see if there was drug in her system, if she got drunk and lead the guy on and then drank so much not remembering it but going willingly.. who knows. Some of these girls drink so much. I remember when I was young I had to carry a young Brit girl back to her tent after she stood up to pee in the bushes.. fell over drunk as a skunk and later passed out. She did not remember a thing the next day of it all. No I did not have sex with her just helped her back to her tent. (was on a camping in France). Later she was brought to the hospital for a delerium. 

8 minutes ago, HLover said:

Drug in her system may be the least of her worries, if a deposit was made by Frenchie.

How so.. do you think he has HIV because he is black .. or pregnancy... morning after pill works good. 

2 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

How about confirming if this fellow is an actual police officer and  not parking or bylaw enforcement agent?

Would it make a difference ? I would say first confirm if there are drugs in her system. A cop could still be bad and rape someone and a bylaw enforcement agent could be honest as gold. 

Though technically if a girl is drunk you can't have sex with her either (cant give consent when under the influence).. but that would mean a lot of guys could get in trouble. But technically its rape but i find it a too strict an explanation. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

How so.. do you think he has HIV because he is black .. or pregnancy... morning after pill works good. 

You have a wild imagination.  STD was a passing concern, who gives a rats rump what his color is? 

Race baiter.

1 hour ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Good on the young woman to have the presence of mind to escape the situation and alert friends, family and authorities. 

Hopefully the hospital in Koh Tao did a proper examination and collected potential evidence properly. 

... as they always do at Koh Tao

(Irony off)

2 hours ago, HLover said:

This island seems to have many problems.

Industrial grade BAD juju is more like it.  The whole island is in dire need of an exorcism.   Have no interest in ever going there after those Burmese kids were found guilty. 

42 minutes ago, transam said:

Be great to hear if the guy really is a French cop, perhaps he thought being a member of the "club" will set him on his way....

I don't think so. Would the guy be a cop, they'd have changed his name to a more French-sounding one. Qui, monsieur? 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

you were the only person who mentioned black not the OP. yes any STD would be a worry regardless of who allegedly raped her

42 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

How typical english, they get wasted and cause troubles whether at home or abroad, it’s disgusting to see such a seen, You should be ashamed ??‍♂️

so you know she wasn't drugged then do you? and which fine country do you come from by the way?

3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

you were the only person who mentioned black not the OP. yes any STD would be a worry regardless of who allegedly raped her

Yea.. maybe i just don't worry too much about an STD between two "normal" non sex workers. 

Just now, Happy enough said:

you just don't know what he may have got up to a few nights before so she should still certainly worry

No, I don't and if i were here id check, but i would not worry too much. Its not as if the rate of STD is real high among non sex workers. 

Does not mean I would not check to be on the safe side most things can be cured easily especially if found early. 

But in my time here in Thailand I have only ever checked for HIV and that was because I needed an operation not because I worried about it. I only had sex with non sex workers never caught anything. While people i know in Pattaya (i don't live there) seem to catch a lot of STD's

4 hours ago, webfact said:

...she sent a message to a friend in Britain to say she had been raped by a black man. She then left and called her mother who contacted the British Embassy.

Police in Koh Tao were alerted and she was checked at a hospital in Koh Tao.

I find it hard to believe that an 18 year old girl would go through all this after having consensual sex on her vacation.

Archived