French cop held for rape of British teen on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another 'she says he says' rape case.

Usually what happens is, she gets too drunk, she goes willingly but not thinking clearly, he takes advantage once she's in his room and asleep/barely conscious.  Is it rape?  Probably but you'll never get a conviction if cameras show you walking hand in hand.

The young teen of 18 went through a rough time, so do you experienced commenters

think that she should be completlhy  rational like you all think that you are?  Give this teen

some slack and try to think before you type..  Not everyone thinks clearly after they have

been raped.

Geezer 

12 hours ago, Norbert Halfwit said:

At 18 she is an adult. Her parents can object but they can't stop her

My 25 year old is just off for 2 years travelling and is doing the islands as part of her trip through Thailand and although I can't stop her she has agreed not to go to the murder island, fortunately as I am on here, i have seen all the things that happen there, perhaps this girl and her parents just weren't in the know, so you can place that one firmly on the doorstep of the British embassy, whom I have absolutely no time for, but that is a different matter and involves Sharm el Shak, or whatever it is called.....my point being that more than enough has happened there for the British consular services to put the place at risk, so ask them why they haven't....

Tao is great if you like snorkeling and keep yourself to yourself.  I think people get in trouble when they start getting drunk, arguing with locals, or otherwise drawing adverse attention to themselves.  I wouldn't avoid Tao unless I didn't trust myself to know my limits/keep my mouth shut.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:47 AM, Thian said:

Who would let their 18 yo daughter go to koh tsao? 

At 18 you cannot stop them if they can pay for the trip.

She is an adult.

I think she is also naive and stupid.

Drugged, P155ED or both it is a tough lesson, but I hope she learns from it.

Good the Phuket BiB found him. I hope he gets what he deserves...

7 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

My 25 year old is just off for 2 years travelling and is doing the islands as part of her trip through Thailand and although I can't stop her she has agreed not to go to the murder island, fortunately as I am on here, i have seen all the things that happen there, perhaps this girl and her parents just weren't in the know, so you can place that one firmly on the doorstep of the British embassy, whom I have absolutely no time for, but that is a different matter and involves Sharm el Shak, or whatever it is called.....my point being that more than enough has happened there for the British consular services to put the place at risk, so ask them why they haven't....

The amount of info in the public domain from a vast array of sources inc HMG suggests otherwise. The difficulty is getting people to read the warnings before they need the content ?

No Megasin 1. I don't have a daughter but I have 2 sons in their 20s .One of my son's friends was accused of rape in Scotland it went to court and he was found not guilty The girl had accused someone before of rape but it never got to court.This young boy has lost everything his job flat and his confidence he suffers from terrible depression caused by the whole experience. I am not saying this boy is innocent  we don't know all the facts but before they start banding names about they need to look at the facts. Even If she has had drugs in her system how do they know it was him who gave her them? I  have been to Koh Tao and have seen all the young ones getting out of there minds on Buckets of booze.Rape is a horrible thing to get accused off  I don't think it is right to give names out until they have a case and all the facts imagine how his family are feeling. Let's wait and see if the Thai police can gets all the evidence.

On 4/13/2018 at 2:40 AM, Megasin1 said:

Yes there is a certain type of high profile, noisy, entitled back packer types, sometimes English teachers who have no situational awareness, they are confrontational and unaware of other people . Nobody deserved to be hurt but when you are a long way from home you have to develop a different mindset. I find the drunken arrogance of the current generation of younger travellers astonishing. The women are frequently the worse and have no idea of the standards of behaviour of their gender in any given country. Koh Tao is safe unless you attract negative attention.  it is not pantywaste safe space feminist territory.  Thank God I live in Pattaya where these young brutish back packers rarely venture but in Vietnam and China I have marvelled at their obnoxiousness. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2018 at 1:16 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

The young teen of 18 went through a rough time, so do you experienced commenters

think that she should be completlhy  rational like you all think that you are?  Give this teen

some slack and try to think before you type..  Not everyone thinks clearly after they have

been raped.

Geezer 

Verdict is she wasn't raped and is a false accuser.

She deserves jail time in a Thai jail, followed by a tattoo on her forehead to warn other men to keep clear, not 'some slack'

Evidence,

she left the bar and her friends with the man, they saw no evidence of wrong doing.

Video of her walking hand in hand with the man back to the room, no evidence of force.

The man was in her bed next morning, rapists don't usually hang around for breakfast.

"Police said witnesses and CCTV evidence confirm Mbouka’s version of what happened that night."

I'm betting the guy wishes he had bar fined a local girl, his 'free one' ended up costing E12,000.

“We had sex again in the morning, when nobody had anything to drink,” he said. He then took her to a taxi, where she kissed him goodbye, an exchange also caught on camera before returning to her friends.

Three days later she decides she was raped .......

Bit tired of the 'if he's black he's guilty' brigade, from all reports he seems like a decent guy, and she seems like a nut job.

As for her, she doesn't seem that bothered, she's still travelling the world looking for new victims to accuse.

Archived