French cop held for rape of British teen on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, robblok said:

How so.. do you think he has HIV because he is black .. or pregnancy... morning after pill works good. 

But the morning-after pill doesn't really work against HIV and other exotic gifts from Mr Tunka Bunga.

This could be a case of a young girl not being used to the drink perhaps making a mistake.

Seems strange behaviour for a rapist to take a victim to his room and then be laying next to her in the morning.

I know from my last trip that I had way too much to drink one night and woke the next morning without my shorts on in a room above a bar with my wallet cleared out.

I didn't find out until three nights later that a couple girls took me upstairs and shagged me.

Part of it sort of came back over the following week.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Lets wait and see if there was drug in her system, if she got drunk and lead the guy on and then drank so much not remembering it but going willingly.. who knows. Some of these girls drink so much. I remember when I was young I had to carry a young Brit girl back to her tent after she stood up to pee in the bushes.. fell over drunk as a skunk and later passed out. She did not remember a thing the next day of it all. No I did not have sex with her just helped her back to her tent. (was on a camping in France). Later she was brought to the hospital for a delerium. 

I don't think getting out of your mind on any drugs, including alcohol, is moderated by nationality. Nor is a desire to commit rape.

If you take advantage of a drunk lady in most civilized countries you will be punished if convicted. Not being able to say yes by the lady is deemed taking an advantage.

But, I agree, the tests to see what was in her system will be interesting.

The fact the man is a black French national, whether a policeman or not, are irrelevant. 

The good thing is the police acted quickly and effectively in catching him, which shows they can do it when they want to. 

The 18 year old had gone out on Wednesday evening with another woman and her Turkish boyfriend and met the suspect. She thought she had been drugged.

Shouldn't the cops be looking for the couple to find out how that all started? She thought she had been drugged on an island where people take all sorts of drugs, downers, and mushrooms.....why didn't she say that she was drugged? 

It reads like she was travelling alone. I'm not sure that's a great idea on Koh Tao at 18 years old.

I'd be really concerned about HIV above and beyond all else. Sadly Africans have a history with Rohypnol use to get what they want and they also seem to have the highest concentration of HIV with daylight second.

24 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I don't think getting out of your mind on any drugs, including alcohol, is moderated by nationality. Nor is a desire to commit rape.

If you take advantage of a drunk lady in most civilized countries you will be punished if convicted. Not being able to say yes by the lady is deemed taking an advantage.

But, I agree, the tests to see what was in her system will be interesting.

The fact the man is a black French national, whether a policeman or not, are irrelevant. 

The good thing is the police acted quickly and effectively in catching him, which shows they can do it when they want to. 

If drugged throw the book at him

If drunk, see what happend what others say of the night in question. (if the lady was drinking a lot and coming on to the guy or just got drunk made no advances on the guy and the guy dragged her into the room)

I have had sex with drunk ladies in the past should i be locked up ? I think it really depends on the situation.

Just imagine if every guy who went with a drunk lady would be locked up. The girl has some responsibility too.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

If drunk, see what happend what others say of the night in question. (if the lady was drinking a lot and coming on to the guy or just got drunk made no advances on the guy and the guy dragged her into the room)

I have had sex with drunk ladies in the past should i be locked up ? I think it really depends on the situation.

Just imagine if every guy who went with a drunk lady would be locked up. The girl has some responsibility too.

Would your drunk lady complain in the morning...?

Would a drugged lady complain in the morning...?

13 minutes ago, transam said:

That kinda depends on the lady . The example i gave of the English girl that came onto me and that fell over while peeing in the bushes (she was that drunk) did not remember anything of that and of coming on to me the next day. Just imagine if I did have sex with her and she wakes up next to me with no recollection.

I did not do a thing as I was sober at the time.. if I had a bit too drink I might have taken her to my tent. 

Its not all black and white. 

1 minute ago, transam said:

Would a drugged man, raped by a sexy 18 year old complain in the morning? ( A rhetorical question)

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

That kinda depends on the lady Trans, as i said seen lady. The example i gave of the English girl that came onto me and that fell over while peeing in the bushes (she was that drunk) did not remember anything of that and of coming on to me the next day. Just imagine if I did have sex with her and she wakes up next to me with no recollection.

I did not do a thing as I was sober at the time.. if I had a bit too drink I might have taken her to my tent. 

Its not all black and white. 

Trans isn't a lady, as far as I know.:omfg: The comma got you ! 

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't know the law in the Netherlands but in the UK if you had sex and the lady then complained she was too drunk to say yes or no, or realize what was happening, then you would most likely be prosecuted. I believe that type of interpretation / law exists in many countries nowadays. People in the UK have been convicted and imprisoned in such circumstances; although others have been acquitted based on all the circumstances being thoroughly investigated and presented in court.

No idea what Thai laws there are around this subject. But my wife, many years ago, used to say the onus was always on the girl not to put herself in harms way and the police would always take the attitude that if a girl went out with a boy what did she expect. How true that is now, don't know. 

In the UK, if a girl cannot clearly say yes and consent, then the boy is putting himself at risk or arrest and possible charges should she decide she didn't want sex when she sobers up. Incapacity to clearly say yes or no is taken as a no. 

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

I don't know the law in the Netherlands but in the UK if you had sex and the lady then complained she was too drunk to say yes or no, or realize what was happening, then you would most likely be prosecuted. I believe that type of interpretation / law exists in many countries nowadays. People in the UK have been convicted and imprisoned in such circumstances; although others have been acquitted based on all the circumstances being thoroughly investigated and presented in court.

No idea what Thai laws there are around this subject. But my wife, many years ago, used to say the onus was always on the girl not to put herself in harms way and the police would always take the attitude that if a girl went out with a boy what did she expect. How true that is now, don't know. 

In the UK, if a girl cannot clearly say yes and consent, then the boy is putting himself at risk or arrest and possible charges should she decide she didn't want sex when she sobers up. Incapacity to clearly say yes or no is taken as a no. 

I know about that law, and the law could be similar in the Netherlands.

But like you rightly say, people have been acquitted too, it depends on the circumstances. 

When I had my encounter with that English girl it must have been 25 years ago in France.. so not so sure what the law would have been. But point being she was coming on to me and to drunk to remember it next day. Would have been stupid if i had gotten in trouble for that. Thankfully I did nothing and otherwise there were people at the party that could have attested to her intentions. 

My point being that in this case they have to investigate if she was drugged (if so he is guilty), if just drunk ask the people who were there what was happening. I don't think its fair to a guy to not investigate more.

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

so you know she wasn't drugged then do you? and which fine country do you come from by the way?

Don't stand in the way of a good Brit bash, the fact she is a Brit brings them out, so of course on that fact alone she must be guilty!

8 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Would a drugged man, raped by a sexy 18 year old complain in the morning? ( A rhetorical question)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer, if it were me no, but then my "stuff" they wanted, the other way round it may not be wanted...

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I know about that law, and the law could be similar in the Netherlands.

But like you rightly say, people have been acquitted too, it depends on the circumstances. 

When I had my encounter with that English girl it must have been 25 years ago in France.. so not so sure what the law would have been. But point being she was coming on to me and to drunk to remember it next day. Would have been stupid if i had gotten in trouble for that. Thankfully I did nothing and otherwise there were people at the party that could have attested to her intentions. 

My point being that in this case they have to investigate if she was drugged (if so he is guilty), if just drunk ask the people who were there what was happening. I don't think its fair to a guy to not investigate more.

A good point. I've experienced situations where I had been drunk and woke up next to a lady that looked so beautiful the night before. But not on the next day. Could also happen vice versa, to be honest. There should be an investigation and some witnesses must have seen them. 

Archived