French cop held for rape of British teen on Koh Tao

webfact

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Would your drunk lady complain in the morning...?

Would a drugged lady complain in the morning...?

There was recently a fairly well reported case involving two Irish International Rugby players. They were acquitted but only after lengthy and expensive court case and large chunk or being suspended from playing.

A professional football player and his colleague were convicted in a case a few years ago. One was jailed and eventually freed on appeal.

It's not always a forgone conclusion, in the UK at least, that complaints automatically lead to convictions or that convictions can't be successfully appealed when new evidence comes to light.

But both the above cases involved girls in their late teens, alcohol, night clubs, and sexual activities with more than one partner. 

The police in this case really need to blood reports to see what was in her bloodstream and to interview the other couple. They also need to check if the accused is a policeman. If he is it shouldn't make any difference to the case but if not then he's lied to the police here.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

How about confirming if this fellow is an actual police officer and  not parking or bylaw enforcement agent?

How would that be relevant to the rape of the girl?

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Who would let their 18 yo daughter go to koh tsao? 

Gap year?  In which case she may well be traveling throughout S.E A.  She is eighteen and an adult.  We have all been there and most of us thought we were invincible at that age.  It is a really tough lesson for her and I hope she finds the strength to deal with it and move on.

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer, if it were me no, but then my "stuff" they wanted, the other way round it may not be wanted...

YEP i would because i would have no memory of what went on 

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

If drugged throw the book at him

If drunk, see what happend what others say of the night in question. (if the lady was drinking a lot and coming on to the guy or just got drunk made no advances on the guy and the guy dragged her into the room)

I have had sex with drunk ladies in the past should i be locked up ? I think it really depends on the situation.

Just imagine if every guy who went with a drunk lady would be locked up. The girl has some responsibility too.

First, it would be prudent to figure out if he was the one that drugged her.  He could be relatively innocent, thinking she was just a drunk reveller.  The drugs could have come from any number of nefarious characters, with ill intent ranging from rape to robbery.  It's possible he got caught up in a mess of someone else's making.

And, as you stated (and most guys would have to admit), having sex with drunk ladies who may later wake up with regrets is hardly a reason for a decade in a Thai prison.

If they do trace any drugs they find to him, cut his nuts off and feed 'em to the ducks.

6 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Gap year?  In which case she may well be traveling throughout S.E A.  She is eighteen and an adult.  We have all been there and most of us thought we were invincible at that age.  It is a really tough lesson for her and I hope she finds the strength to deal with it and move on.

An 18-year-old traveling alone on an island that's well known for so many foreign deaths? When you Google Ko Tao, there's a lot coming up, one of them: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/asia/koh-tao-thailand-dark-side-car-crash-murders-mafia-suspicious-deaths-a7824171.html

10 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

A good point. I've experienced situations where I had been drunk and woke up next to a lady that looked so beautiful the night before. But not on the next day. Could also happen vice versa, to be honest. There should be an investigation and some witnesses must have seen them. 

My only point is that it should just be checked a bit more not just take the word of the girl and that is it. Do some bloodwork, check at the bar where they were drinking. Does not sound like a lot to ask. 

40 minutes ago, Sprigger said:

Doesn’t look very French to me, they usually wear a black beret and walk around with a string of onions around their neck.?

41 minutes ago, Sprigger said:

Doesn’t look very French to me, they usually wear a black beret and walk around with a string of onions around their neck.?

Whilst riding a bicycle I thought !

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

My only point is that it should just be checked a bit more not just take the word of the girl and that is it. Do some bloodwork, check at the bar where they were drinking. Does not sound like a lot to ask. 

Yep, they must find out if she took the drugs by herself, or he drugged her without her knowing it. That's changing a lot but doesn't make the guy innocent. 

3 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

An 18-year-old traveling alone on an island that's well known for so many foreign deaths? When you Google Ko Tao, there's a lot coming up, one of them: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/asia/koh-tao-thailand-dark-side-car-crash-murders-mafia-suspicious-deaths-a7824171.html

Lot's of reasons for not going to that island or plenty of other places in Thailand but still thousands go there every week.  When I think of the places I went to and the things I did in my "gap year" (it was just called "going travelling" then) it sends a cold shiver down my spine.   

Just now, dunroaming said:

Lot's of reasons for not going to that island or plenty of other places in Thailand but still thousands go there every week.  When I think of the places I went to and the things I did in my "gap year" (it was just called "going travelling" then) it sends a cold shiver down my spine.   

Got you, but why would an 18-year young girl travel alone at one of the most dangerous places in Thailand? 

4 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Good on the young woman to have the presence of mind to escape the situation and alert friends, family and authorities.

Hopefully the hospital in Koh Tao did a proper examination and collected potential evidence properly.

.............collected evidence properly.   This doesn't always happen on KT.

2 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Got you, but why would an 18-year young girl travel alone at one of the most dangerous places in Thailand? 

Because she can and at 18 we all think that we can look after ourselves.  Try telling any 18 year old that they cannot do something or go somewhere.  If my parents knew what I did and where I went when I was away they would have had ten thousand fits!

16 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

I'm not sure the claim of "most dangerous place" can be sustained within Thailand, much less in a comparison with our home countries' crime statistics.

2 minutes ago, manarak said:

I'm not sure the claim of "most dangerous place" can be sustained within Thailand, much less in a comparison with our home countries' crime statistics.

Sorry, but this case has got absolutely nothing to do with our home countries. It's a Mafia and cop ruled island where everything could be possible. A life isn't worth much. 

57 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

....And as its Koh Tao, at least she has 'lived' to tell the tale.

She is 18 and that means that she is an adult and no longer comes under the control of her parents. How many 18 year olds were dragged off the streets given very little training and a gun put in their hands and then shipped off to Vietnam to die in the 60's

Archived