Introduce Yourself Here

astral

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! My name is Cathyy and I am fat.

My weight is 88 kilos (dressed) and should be 68. I have already lost quite a bit of weight from my high of 104 kilos. :o The weight loss technique that works for me is taking my Metformin for my type 2 diabetes. I gained most of the weight due to overeating brought on by the constant hunger of my diabetes. It's darned hard to "diet" when your body is screaming at you that it's HUNGRY.

My name is Pampal and I am fat.

I am working on reducing my weight to 85 kilos. I am currently around 99-101 kilos depending on what day of the week it is :o

I have managed to drop 12 kilos so far in the last 3 months.

I eat decently(all food groups). and I exercise regularly(bicycle).

I hope to keep the weight off this time and not regain any of my girth.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is ... well FunkyGuru, and I am not fat. In fact I am little underweight. Why am I posting here? To share some insight into weight and health issues.

I have posted a link in the relevant section that talks about weight in a different context.

Here are my two satang worth opinions. Well observations, to be precise.

Most weight loss diets are assuming that you have fats stored in your body. FALSE. Such type of people are amount to only 15% of excess weight community.

Burning calories reduce weight, yeah sure but you put it back on the day you stop burning calories.

Stopping sugar, eating 'diet' products help reduce weight. Utter rubbish. In fact one is adding too many chemicals into body, burdening kidney and liver, making sure that in future there would be more complications.

I will reply to this topic with more specific information in a day or two. Do visit again to read about it. :o

This seems to be a good place for my 1,000th post.

My name is Bill and I am fat.

A couple of weeks ago I was around 123kg and I am 1.78 tall, 62 years old and have no idea how to calculate my BMI (whatever that is).

I have no specific short term target and in the longterm 100kg would be really good.

Last Tuesday I started on the diet that I got from Stekmer and I was 122.3 kg. This morning I was 115.5 kg so I sort of fell off my diet and had 2 pieces of toast with a scraping of Bertolli extra virgin olive oil spread and a coffee with 2 sugars and Coffeemate.

I WILL be back on it today.

By the way Astral I am an ex crabfat too.

This seems to be a good place for my 1,000th post.

My name is Bill and I am fat.

A couple of weeks ago I was around 123kg and I am 1.78 tall, 62 years old and have no idea how to calculate my BMI (whatever that is).

I have no specific short term target and in the longterm 100kg would be really good.

Last Tuesday I started on the diet that I got from Stekmer and I was 122.3 kg. This morning I was 115.5 kg so I sort of fell off my diet and had 2 pieces of toast with a scraping of Bertolli extra virgin olive oil spread and a coffee with 2 sugars and Coffeemate.

I WILL be back on it today but I am soooooooooooo bored with salad.

By the way Astral I am an ex crabfat too.

Thanks for the link, FG, but it comes too close to being an advertisement- low on info and high on sales. I've removed it. You're free to talk about the "theories" behind it all you want, though.

Not a problem. I will write more on the subject and submit as a post rather than giving links.

My name is Astral and I am fat.

My weight is 98kg and I am 1.85m which makes my BMI 28.5 (overwight).

I need to get my weight down to 85kg. :o

Astral, if it wasn't for the accent, people would say we're twins!

The only thing that works for me is exercise. No diet. I used to exercise daily and eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I've been extremely negligent with exercising since I ve moved here. I swam for a while but the public swimming pool has been shut down.

Now looking for nicotine patches to help me give up the two packs a day habit and start exercising again.

Edited by Tony Clifton

• 1 month later...

Hello, my name is Ritti

I am a trainer in bangkok. I think it is great that you guys are on here supporting each other and offering advice........you could all meet up for walks and/or runs

Keep up the great work

Ritti :o

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. My name is not desi.

I'm here to galvanise myself to lose weight as I've decided that this is 'my' year, no arguments.

I started getting serious over two weeks ago and have lost 6 kilos so far. Since it's early days, I realise a part of that is water weight from a dramatic change in diet

Right now I'm going for no: beer or alcohol of any kind, cheese, meat, sugar or sweets.

I've increased water intake and exercise. And as soon as I heard it was the lazy way to Yoga, I've become religious about a weekly Thai massage (sometimes twice a week).

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all. My name is not desi.

I'm here to galvanise myself to lose weight as I've decided that this is 'my' year, no arguments.

I started getting serious over two weeks ago and have lost 6 kilos so far. Since it's early days, I realise a part of that is water weight from a dramatic change in diet

Right now I'm going for no: beer or alcohol of any kind, cheese, meat, sugar or sweets.

I've increased water intake and exercise. And as soon as I heard it was the lazy way to Yoga, I've become religious about a weekly Thai massage (sometimes twice a week).

How's the training going? you still sticking to it?

Best of luck and enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

I've just spotted this thread and I suppose it must be time for me to face the truth.

I'm 6 foot tall and weigh about 150 Kg, (not too sure of the exact weight as my scales don't go that high). I'd love to get down to 100Kg and I suppose there's no time like the present to start. If I were to lose 1Kg per week by this time next year I would have reached my target weight. Let's see if I can find some decent scales and I'll post again later.

Dugdale

My name is Mike and I'm fat............110kgs, 178cms tall. Don't care about BMI. My target is 120kgs. Trying to achieve before december. Bigger is better!!

What are you doing to get your weight down? or are you seriously looking at 120- musclemass ha ha

• 1 month later...

Hi. Hy name's firehorse,

I'm not fat. I'm not a personal trainer, nor a dietition. I do have twenty years of training experience. I've trained with power lifters and body builders. No I'm not The Hulk either.

Why am I here? To help if I can. I know it's easy to get into bad habits here, so for those starting on the road to change, don't deprive yourself of to much to soon. Exercise is the key though.

Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm Besth and I'm fat. 1,85, 125,8 kg.

I've been worse. 138,8 kg in January 2006. From then things went better until around April, when I reached 123. Since then, I went up again, to reach 127,6 kg early last month.

I totally know why: I started eating more of the wrong foods again and stopped exercising (not that I was doing much).

A couple of weeks ago I started to realize/be concerned that I might be in a serious rebound and I started behaving and exercising a bit again. So far the weight is going again in the right direction and I would like to keep it this way.

I saw the "I'm too fat forum" when it started and contributed a couple of times then, but didn't really follow it up much. Now I'm here again for a bit of extra motivation/consolation in numbers/reassurance that other people can do it too. Every bit helps.

Good luck to all :o

Hi. I'm Besth and I'm fat. 1,85, 125,8 kg.

I've been worse. 138,8 kg in January 2006. From then things went better until around April, when I reached 123. Since then, I went up again, to reach 127,6 kg early last month.

I totally know why: I started eating more of the wrong foods again and stopped exercising (not that I was doing much).

A couple of weeks ago I started to realize/be concerned that I might be in a serious rebound and I started behaving and exercising a bit again. So far the weight is going again in the right direction and I would like to keep it this way.

I saw the "I'm too fat forum" when it started and contributed a couple of times then, but didn't really follow it up much. Now I'm here again for a bit of extra motivation/consolation in numbers/reassurance that other people can do it too. Every bit helps.

Good luck to all :o

great work, stay focused.

Make short term goals and keep hitting them.

I trained a lady last yr that lost a total of 44kg and ended up running a 10km fun run (everyone can do it but it is a difficult yet VERY rewarding road)

Stay positive, find friends to exercise with and never say never

And most of all find activities that you enjoy doing so that everyday is FUN

stay in touch

Ritti

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I am Mike and I am too fat...But I was fatter.

I am 6 feet 1 inches (185.4 cm) and two years ago i was 320 lbs (145 kg). A divorce and my mothers death got my weight down to about 280 lbs (127kg) that was a lousy diet!

I did Atkins until it stopped working and i "plateaued" then started on the "Fat smash diet". I am still on it now i and I am now 225 (102 kg) If i lean just right on my scale! I did start taking the new diet pill "Alli" but only when i am forced to eat something higher in fat content.

I have not lost anything in 10 days....I hate when that happens!

• 2 weeks later...
:D I am FAT, that is what all my Thai trainers tell me, when I was 12 years old my friend asked me if I was going to have a Baby and since then I have always struggled with being FAT and getting rid of my FAT but I have a PHAT wife thank God. :o

• 1 month later...

tutsi is FAAAT :D ...I can tell that much just by lookin' inna mirror...

but wait...at a BMI of 31.1 tutsi is OBEEEESE (77th percentile) :o

I thought that gettin' fat was just a part of gettin' old...one is supposed to look decrepid with advancing years so I didn't worry too much. Now I got high blood pressure (185/120) that I gotta do something about; a work mate with high BP and diabetes (like me) also my age died recently (suddenly while mowing his lawn when at home on leave) and that gave me a heads up...I can't die until the wife's new dump truck business gets off the ground, or so she sez...

BTW, I endorse the 'fat burning soup' method as a way to jump start a weight loss campaign...I used it meself about 25 years ago and it was effective for short term rapid weight loss which is good for morale purposes when first setting out. However, eating habits have to change to sustain permanent weight loss. I was a svelte 6', 180lbs in my early thirties after losing a lot of weight with dieting and exercise...then I married a foreigner, moved to the UK an' everything went to shit...the only exercise was pint glass calesthenics down the pub...

now I'm working in Saudi out in the desert with little to tempt me to excess and plenty of room to exercise...I brought me runnin' shoes (hardly worn) back from Suphan and have worked up to 30 minutes aerobic exercise ALMOST 3 three times per week...gonna get the soup goin' next then settle in for the duration...until my next leave back to the ranch where I usually exist on 7-11 hotdogs an' cheap vodka... :D

I am not fat but am regarded by many as being underweight - at 195 I weight 76 kg. and I have been so for the past thirty plus years. There was a time in my life, several in fact where I rebelled against my natural size and went on prolonged high calorie diets combined with exercise etc and these invariably resulted in a weight gain of perhaps 1 or 2 kgs. From a medical viewpoint, regarding my weight and size, I am in great shape for my age. Today I care no one dot about the appearance side of things and have come to conclude that my weight and size it was it is.

So why am I posting here? Well to offer support I suppose to those who feel they suffer the stigma of being overweight and all that entails. The subject of underweight people is not in vogue and never has been and most people conclude such people are sick or drug users. Indeed, I had one doctor at Bumrungrad some years ago who insisted I must be an addict! For the record I am not and have never etc etc. But underweight people suffer the same unwanted attention as overweight folks and the stigma is the same, we're not normal because we don't fit the average model. I take some comfort and pride in that since I enjoy being unique and feel sorry for those think otherwise.

So everyone, good luck with your endeavors to try and lose weight and I hope you are successful. If however you should not meet your individual targets take comfort in the knowledge that we are all different and unique and that appearance counts for very little in the minds of thinking people - those who disagree with that sentiment are not important to us.

Edited by chiang mai

my name is Naam and i am fat. height 181cm, weight 88.5kg (nekkid after a pee in the early morning and stepping in a peculiar way on the scale). i'd like to reach my fighting weight of 76kg again (those were the days ten years ago) but Portwine and Sherry are against me.

I am not fat but am regarded by many as being underweight - at 195 I weight 76 kg. and I have been so for the past thirty plus years.

lucky bastard you! :o

My apologies, I forgot to add that I am also regarded as being hugely handsome and that fact is reinforced daily by all the local females I come in contact with. :D

I am not fat but am regarded by many as being underweight - at 195 I weight 76 kg. and I have been so for the past thirty plus years.

lucky bastard you! :D

My apologies, I forgot to add that I am also regarded as being hugely handsome and that fact is reinforced daily by all the local females I come in contact with. :D

:o:D :D

I'm 1.8m and have "balloned" up to 94kgs from hovering around 87kgs since my daughter was born 3 months ago.

I'm not boozing as much but wonder if thre staying at home more (and thus snacking) as well as the sleep deprivation are the cause.

I have to shift some of this as I feel heavy now. Just so little time in the day though.

Realistically I want 85kgs as I think I'll never see the other side of 80 again.

My name is Astral and I am fat.

My weight is 98kg and I am 1.85m which makes my BMI 28.5 (overwight).

I need to get my weight down to 85kg. :D

Yer, I'm YangYaiEric. I'm 106Kgs. and have just started a Veggie diet, shedding 4 Kgs in the 1st. week! I was originally 115Kg and decided something DRASTIC was needed to improve my quality of life.

I'm aiming to reach approx. 95Kg withing the next couple of months. Check my profile pic. Should put a smile on your face! :o

Cheers.