Jump to content
BANGKOK 16 June 2019 18:20

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Bangkok told: Have a "Sensible - BOOZE FREE - Songkran"

Recommended Posts

Bangkok told: Have a "Sensible - BOOZE FREE - Songkran"

 

ghjkuhk.JPG

 

A message has gone out loud and clear from the authorities to both Thai and foreign revelers at Songkran

 

Don't drink and throw water!

 

Seven Eleven stores and other shops with alcohol in the zones of Silom and Khao San Road set aside for the water wars have been asked to refrain from selling booze of all descriptions at all times.

 

Other shops in the vicinity but not within the zones have been reminded that they can only sell alcohol from 11 to 2pm and between 5pm and midnight.

 

Break that rule and they could be doing 6 months jail time and or a 10,000 baht fine. 

 

The message went out from deputy governor Thaweesak Lertpraphan who was heading a large campaign comprising many agencies in Khao San Road on Tuesday afternoon.

 

The campaign came with the slogan: "Bangkok Songkran: Safe, Booze Free, No Molesting, No bad driving".

 

Thaweesak hopes that if everyone remembers these points then a good time will be had by all. 

 

In addition to the booze ban in shops the authorities said that at the entrances to the water zones at Silom and Khao San forbidden items such as high powered water guns, powder, weapons and things that could be used as weapons and of course, alcohol will all be confiscated. 

 

Cops from the Chana Songkhram station whose jurisdiction includes Khao San Road were also part of the campaign yesterday. 

 

You have been warned!

 

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/bangkok/637479

 
tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-4-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are going to be many shocked partyer's when they find out this will be enforced. The Thai's will fall inline quickly like good sheep lets see how the foreigners will react.

  This year the PM said he wanted people to wear traditional clothes for songkran. It appears the Thai's will do as told. Sales of traditional clothes has rocketed. 

  So I think Thai;s will do as told about this too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bangkok,, Songkran,, Booze Free,  another clown living in cloud cuckoo land, still great photo op, now toddle off back to your desk until next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 "11 to 2pm and between 5pm and midnight"

 

keeping that ridiculous ban in even during songkran when the schools are off 555 daft, but good for the mom and pop shops, at least they can have a nice windfall during the holidays. screw seven anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The campaign came with the slogan: "Bangkok Songkran: Safe, Booze Free, No Molesting, No bad driving"

more than ever, glad i do not live nor visit bangkok; more generally, does one size fit all ? no; those of us that are well past 60 need no such 'advice'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

No bad driving

They do believe in miracles.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YetAnother said:

more than ever, glad i do not live nor visit bangkok; more generally, does one size fit all ? no; those of us that are well past 60 need no such 'advice'

According to the photo, they are targeting those pesky farang tourists again.

'Leave the boozing, groping and drunk driving to the local professionals, thank you ma'am.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Seven Eleven stores and other shops with alcohol in the zones of Silom and Khao San Road set aside for the water wars have been asked to refrain from selling booze of all descriptions at all times.

Is this for the 7 day, the 5 day or the 3 day Songkran festival - the article is unclear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No guns or knives please or using your car as  weapon of mass destruction if possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that will be wet this year are the blankets.   Beastly bore this coup d'etat .   Thailand, compared to its neighbors, is child with severe emotional and learning disabilities.  It is just painful to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an utter idiot. If I wanted to drink during Songkran, do you think I will get it from 7-11 on that day? The key, as usual, is enforcement which unfortunately, is something you guys are doing a completely shit job of, Songkran or not. So there you go. Continue chasing your own tail while spoiling the fun for everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

There are going to be many shocked partyer's when they find out this will be enforced. The Thai's will fall inline quickly like good sheep lets see how the foreigners will react.

  This year the PM said he wanted people to wear traditional clothes for songkran. It appears the Thai's will do as told. Sales of traditional clothes has rocketed. 

  So I think Thai;s will do as told about this too.

Yep, I agree! It´s also going to be much more easy for them to see the super-drunk, child-behaving foreigner in trasched shorts and a look-a-like wet t-shirt competitor. :cheesy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, outsider said:

What an utter idiot. If I wanted to drink during Songkran, do you think I will get it from 7-11 on that day? The key, as usual, is enforcement which unfortunately, is something you guys are doing a completely shit job of, Songkran or not. So there you go. Continue chasing your own tail while spoiling the fun for everyone else.

I think the rule is directed at the average Thai people as they tend to purchase and immediately consume. No stockpiling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...