Wastewater flowing into the sea at Krabi

webfact

Wastewater flowing into the sea at Krabi

However, another 2 laundry shops nearby were found to be releasing water without treatment.

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

20047.jpg

A waste water drain pipe has been found at Klong Muang Beach in Krabi. The local OrBorTor has already ordered its immediate removal.

Following a complaint about alleged waste waters being released into the sea at Klong Muang Beach, the Chief of Environmental Hygiene Unit of Krabi Provincial Public Health, Boonrit Karunmethee, and President of Nong Talay Administration Organization (OrBorTor), Sukkai Chan-On and their teams, visited the location earlier today (April 11).

They found that there was a 3 inch (8 cm) diameter PVC pipe connected from a public drain to release wastewater into the sea. The water released appears to be clear and doesn’t smell but still contains black debris. The OrBorTor Chief has already ordered OrBorTor officials to remove the pipe.

Full story:  https://thethaiger.com/news/wastewater-flowing-into-the-sea-at-krabi

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-04-11

Big or small pipe, I am fairly convinced that most of the water in most Thailand cities is not properly treated.  Gosh take Pattaya for example.  You will be hard pressed to find the water treatment plant and its size seems completely ineffectual.  Same for most cities I think

Thai government institutions have proven time and again they are incapable of managing almost anything and the worst example is tourism growth in naturally beautiful areas. But they found the pvc pipe so there is hope! How many pvc pipes have i seen from hotels restaurants going out into the water? Too many to count. It is what it is.  

Archived