Trips From Chiang Saen Jetty To China Jinghong

redbicycle

I took a boat there cost me 7500 baht on two way ( 4000 baht one way) I bought the ticket from the a agency Just opp the jetty itself. Four lens in chiang rai offer me 5500 baht one way. The view along the way to china is just fabulous.

I went there on 25 dec 2006 , 6am thai time but the boat could not leave until 8.00 am becos of fog. I reach Guan lei at around 6.00pm to stamp pasport and we could not continue due to the china side dun allow nite travelling. I stay in Guan lei for a nite and carry on the 2 hr boat trip to jinghong at around 10am.

I took a boat there cost me 7500 baht on two way ( 4000 baht one way) I bought the ticket from the a agency Just opp the jetty itself. Four lens in chiang rai offer me 5500 baht one way. The view along the way to china is just fabulous.

I went there on 25 dec 2006 , 6am thai time but the boat could not leave until 8.00 am becos of fog. I reach Guan lei at around 6.00pm to stamp pasport and we could not continue due to the china side dun allow nite travelling. I stay in Guan lei for a nite and carry on the 2 hr boat trip to jinghong at around 10am.

Thanks for that, I hear a lot about Mekong boat trips but little at first hand. Is this a daily run up to Jinghong? How did you get back? Did you need Lao or Myanmar visas or just Chinese? Is Jinghong worth spending a few days?

Thanks for that, I hear a lot about Mekong boat trips but little at first hand. Is this a daily run up to Jinghong? How did you get back? Did you need Lao or Myanmar visas or just Chinese? Is Jinghong worth spending a few days?

The schedule is every monday, wed and sat. I took a bigger boat back as there are around 30 passenger compare to chiang saen- jing hong only 5 persons. I dun need any visa to go to china but my galfrens ( thai) took only china visa. the visa fee 1000 baht ( 4 days), 1800 baht (2-3 days) and 2500 baht for 1 day. The submition of visa is until 11 am i think. the tour agency will help you to get the visa if you give him 1500 baht.

Jing hong and teh surround province is a really nice place but provided that you can speak chinese ..... LCR beer is really nice and cheap in china only around 10 baht , tell them you wanna Yi guan Lan Cang River .....

Rb

Some of the larger tourist boats from China to Thai stop at Xieng Kok [ask first]. If you have a Laos visa you can get off there. Then either catch another boat or travel overland thru Lao. Not good road wet season..

Lao immigration may want to see a visa for Thai

Some of the larger tourist boats from China to Thai stop at Xieng Kok [ask first]. If you have a Laos visa you can get off there. Then either catch another boat or travel overland thru Lao. Not good road wet season..

Lao immigration may want to see a visa for Thai

YEah those fruit boat can stop at xieng kok but its not available at this season.