Australian Lottery Website

Dazinoz

36 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

Probably detect unusual traffic  especially a VPN   better use P2P   most vpn sites have them    cannot be detected

I have been using my iMac all this time with no problems. Did try on iPad once but detected I wasn't in Australia so stopped me. I Just signed up with Getflix and now can't log in even after putting everything back to normal. But does look like they are also updating their website (the lottery site)

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I can on the site https://thelott.com/ but the results part of the page just has the loading circle.

Yep, I can also do that. I try thelott app and it says can't update as not connected to internet but I am.

Maybe a website issue or they have changed their login detection.

Ok. Before was trialling a DNS/VPN service called Getflix. VPN was not available on the trial so I just signed up for a paid subscription and set up VPN and am now able to login to the lotto website. 

Thanks for the replies.

Will they payout if overseas Australian participants win? Ours (Pom, hence the whinge!) used to until a decade or so ago but now they've shut the door; even to direct debit entries via home bank accounts.

An FoI request confirmed they'll payout to anyone purchasing tickets by cash, inc illegal immigrants, prisoners on day release etc.

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Will they payout if overseas Australian participants win? Ours (Pom, hence the whinge!) used to until a decade or so ago but now they've shut the door; even to direct debit entries via home bank accounts.

An FoI request confirmed they'll payout to anyone purchasing tickets by cash, inc illegal immigrants, prisoners on day release etc.

I have an Australian online account and wins are paid into that. I am not sure if I won a major prize but would head back to collect. 

48 minutes ago, evadgib said:

yes they will  p2p

They (Camelot) advised me that providing the DD was set up whilst you were physically in the UK, or the IOM, then they will pay out, you’re not allowed to alter it though.
32 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Up to 2 weeks ago I was able to play tattslotto online. Customer service informed me that playing lotto on the their website outside of Australia is no longer an option. My racing tatts/QBET website has also ceased.

I can again using VPN

On 4/20/2018 at 4:59 PM, theoldgit said:

They (Camelot) advised me that providing the DD was set up whilst you were physically in the UK, or the IOM, then they will pay out, you’re not allowed to alter it though.

I went through their T&Cs with a fine toothcomb and even ran DD past Camelot and HM Mafia. Their replies were rather complicated but lead me to conclude that they'll more or less waterboard claimants that fail Camelots purposely withheld background checks before having to pay out.

No such checks apply re cash purchased tickets.

No such checks apply re cash purchased tickets.
I get a mate of mine in the UK to put my small flutter on every eight weeks, he’s actually a Brexit refugee who returned recently, but that’s another matter.
He buys the ticket in his local newsagent, when I have the occasional small win he either keeps it in the pot or if it’s not so small he pays it into my bank account, that’s only happened once.
But I do wonder what would happen if I defied the odds and one of my tickets won a substantial prize.
Do I rely on him to pop down to Watford and claim the prize and hope that he transferred it into my account, less his bus fare?
Or do I hop on a plane and claim the prize myself and hope they paid me even though I have no UK address?
I suppose it will remain one of life’s mysteries.
3 hours ago, evadgib said:

What is p2p and how does it work re payments?

Go to vpn site that has p2p  onion over internet or whatever  and a host of others   choose whatever   put numbers on  after opening account,every draw I enter  won quite a bit   just under 50,000 pounds once    I will win it big time in future       story to tell them is set..if you win up to 50 000 automatically put in account

Before this thread dies,would like to include just one last post.  These posts are the ones I like  (this morn),could be a big one,but chances are its a smaller  one,but its the wording and time of posting that gets interesting    Won small amount (again UK Lottery Wed last)   smaller amounts notification lot later in morn.       Anyway I do not open for days at xs,the thought I'm outa here is wonderful

Scan-001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

just when I thought it was safe to come out of the woodwork,another one. (i only buy one,big ones usually 2 tix)   quite confident on this one,even though not the actual big one, know most of the numbers  getting someone in the UK to open my account up for this one,do not want them smelling a rat,hopefully I really am outa here

Scan.jpg

1 hour ago, altcar bob said:

just when I thought it was safe to come out of the woodwork,another one. (i only buy one,big ones usually 2 tix)   quite confident on this one,even though not the actual big one, know most of the numbers  getting someone in the UK to open my account up for this one,do not want them smelling a rat,hopefully I really am outa here

Scan.jpg

The Australian one sends me an email the night I have won and tells me how much. I don't know if they do the same for a BIG prize but would be nice to find out.

Just now, Dazinoz said:

The Australian one sends me an email the night I have won and tells me how much. I don't know if they do the same for a BIG prize but would be nice to find out.

What it does is give you hope,but this was an exceptionally early notification,earlier than the previous one, Since this and previous I won 3 lucky dips (free go next time,so not for nothing have a poke)   Good luck anyway

• 1 month later...

I used to play lotto frequently in Oz, but like Dazinoz said, all of a sudden I could no longer log on.

A friend here suggested I use a site called Tor and then try, which I did, downloaded the browser and play using that web browser.

Now as a foreign resident, I don't know what the rules are with regard to playing Lotto, but if I won the big one, and they rang me on my Ozzie mobile number which is on roaming, I would say that I am on holiday overseas at the moment and would ask if I needed to return to collect or would they put it into my account as usual with other small fry's, and if I did, I would take the next flight back to Oz, if I didn't need to go back, then it would be party time here, straight to Phuket, I will take you, you and you....happy days are here, until the morning after 555 

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I used to play lotto frequently in Oz, but like Dazinoz said, all of a sudden I could no longer log on.

A friend here suggested I use a site called Tor and then try, which I did, downloaded the browser and play using that web browser.

Now as a foreign resident, I don't know what the rules are with regard to playing Lotto, but if I won the big one, and they rang me on my Ozzie mobile number which is on roaming, I would say that I am on holiday overseas at the moment and would ask if I needed to return to collect or would they put it into my account as usual with other small fry's, and if I did, I would take the next flight back to Oz, if I didn't need to go back, then it would be party time here, straight to Phuket, I will take you, you and you....happy days are here, until the morning after 555 

I managed to get back in using Getflix VPN. I think the same as you regarding a win. Very easy to hope on a flight back from my "holidays".

43 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

So  setting up an account from OS, will they still payout? 

I can get my son to set it up in my name but I'm still overseas though 

I had had an account in Australia a long time before coming here.

I think a new account probably needs to be set up in Oz with an Oz address.

• 6 months later...

Archived