BANGKOK
Samui Bodoh

SEVEN MONTHS Smoke-Free!!!

17 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

They're really good.  Maybe you had a duff experience with a poorly set up pen.

Well, for me.. Why give up something you enjoy if it has been made safe?.  Ok, nicotine is a bit dangerous, but nothing that a good diet, moderation and a bit of exercise can't counter-act. Why is giving up necessary then?

I must admit I got to the stage with alcohol where I started to hate it, so  it was easy to pack in.  So, if you feel like that with smoking then fair enough.  

Each to their own?

Never had the need to use one. I know you have a sense of humour ?

2133AF28-865F-4875-BBF9-305514A9CA46.png

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Not much opportunity in Thailand, is there?  Vaping is the best of both worlds imo.

Saw a Thai guy vaping yesterday at his market stall which is a first.  Also got pulled over on the motorbike by a very friendly policeman and was on my way in no time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fanjita said:

I'm going to give it a go and decided that I don't want a vape either as seems like prolonging the agony.

Great news!

I can guarantee that you will find support on here for quitting; I sure have and it has been helpful.

And damn! You will feel better.

If you want to see my story, look at the thread Six Months....

I have gotten into the habit of starting a new thread each month; a new one will be coming in a few days. If you have questions or comments, there are some really nice people here who can offer great tips.

Good luck!

PS a good way to get started is to pick a day, then the night before toss out all your excess smokes, clean out the ashtrays and put them away, then wake up and give it a go.

Edited by Samui Bodoh
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Good luck!

Thanks for your support, Samui Bodoh.  Most appreciated.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

How long have you been a smoker?

Gave up in my 20s and went back closer to 30 and nearly 50 now.  Doing me in, obviously.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Gave up in my 20s and went back closer to 30 and nearly 50 now.  Doing me in, obviously.

Damn! I hear that! That is what got me as well. I am a bicyclist and got tired and to be honest a little scared about the lack of breath and what my heart might look like.

For what it is worth, I can tell you that I am a few days short of 8 months, and I DO notice a difference. Breath is better, lung capacity seems better, The pecker seems to stand a tad taller! General energy levels are better. And...

The single most important thing is that I do not factor in whether or not I have enough cigarettes for every activity/thing that I do. THAT is the monkey on the back.

If you have quit before, then I won't try to suggest stuff. Pick your time and day, smoke your last one, then,,,

Giddyup!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Good grief!  It's excess that will kill you.  I mean, what else do you do to the point of extinction?  40 is like being gassed alive!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fanjita said:

Saw a Thai guy vaping yesterday at his market stall which is a first.  Also got pulled over on the motorbike by a very friendly policeman and was on my way in no time.

Yes, I think most people, including coppers, realise it's a crazy law, but you could just as easily been arrested- it does happen!

1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

Yes, I think most people, including coppers, realise it's a crazy law, but you could just as easily been arrested- it does happen!

It was only a tea money exercise and nothing to do with vaping.  The wife wasn't happy and stated 'they won't get anything out of me'.  But the BiB was genuinely nice to me.  

4 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Good grief!  It's excess that will kill you.  I mean, what else do you do to the point of extinction?  40 is like being gassed alive!

Agreed.  Can't carry on like this.  It really is doing me in.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Started at 14 yrs old. In the 70s I was working for the US Military in Germany where 200 fags was $2. Was on 60 a day minimum. Stopped on 24th October 1972 after thinking I was going to die soon. Never smoked tobacco since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I mean, what else do you do to the point of extinction?  

Almost my wife's words to the letter.

• Haha 1

Thanks for all your support.  Will report back soonest.  ETA is week commencing 20 May for various reasons.  Then it gets to the business end of things.

• Like 1