Aussie language teacher shot in Chiang Mai car park by Thai girlfriend

webfact

She lost face as he started spending his English teacher salary on another lady. 

She had previously reported him to police for assault in an attempt to extract money from him and force him to come back. They did nothing as they knew it was BS.

She finally so enraged asked him to come over with the promise of no strings attached sex.

She then met him in the car park and edged on by family and friends and fueled by alcohol shot him.

If she was so fearful of him she would have never left her room in the first place.

have I missed anything?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If in fact she did fire two warning shots before the third shot that hit him, WHY was he still even in the car park ?

I think I would have been on my bike after the first warning shot and not standing there waiting for the second then the third. Particularly if I had no way to defend myself.

His version of the story should be interesting. He must have told her, I'm coming around to take you out for Songkran, bring you pistol. Just forgot to mention 'Water' pistol.

5 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Doesn't matter, was self-defense, he attacked her before.

So only one side of the story has him at fault,guilty as proven......all done then.

Does a girl really need a 9mm hand gun ? this aint the USA

So many fish in the sea  makes one wonder why one would go back to the same fishing hole when the one that you caught was not eatable 
A relationship between a man and a woman is a bit different from that between a fisherman and his catch of the day.The man might have been really in love with her.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L21 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, webfact said:

she had reported to police twice in recent months about alleged assaults as he tried to reunite with her against her wishes.

The irony of it all is we have a language teacher not understanding the meaning of "no"...

Well, maybe he does now.

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

Warning shots or missing twice before hitting him is a question thats needs asking , unless there are witnesses who can verify her statement .

..probably two others shot, if she fired two warning shots into the air.

5 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Came to say the same thing - all the other reports say it's CMU - why in the world say "at a well known Chiang Mai university."

Could be Payap. or maejo and there are several others around as well.

“He had gone to Suphapreuk Court 2 in Suthep sub-district to invite his girlfriend Suphasri, 39, out for Songkran.”

I’m not buying it. Typically you’d make the invition by phone, then once it’s accepted you’d drive over to meet her.

He’s likely been stalking her, couldn’t get in the building, and then ambushed her with his invition in the car park.

She, fed up with his bs is packing heat, and let him have it after two warning shots made him <deleted> his pants.

Check the pants.

The first thing that needs to be checked is her permit to carry a gun and then the number of bullets left and any evidence of 2 warning shots.

If she didn't want to see the guy- she could have left the scene quickly-  If he grabbed her and assaulted her - where are the marks on her body?   Firing the gun for self protection?  Reasonable force?  Even if he previously assaulted her and the police did nothing-  lots of unanswered questions.

She said

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

Warning shots or missing twice before hitting him is a question thats needs asking , unless there are witnesses who can verify her statement .

If she fired two warning shots, I would run like idiot and she had to shoot me in the back , so I think indeed warning shots fired after the first belly shot, also curious where they will find the warning shot holes and what the man will say about that..she shoot me right away without warning ?

44 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The irony of it all is we have a language teacher not understanding the meaning of "no"...

Well, maybe he does now.

Maybe she never said NO being grengjai and the clown didn't understand her Thainess. Ah foreigners getting involved with people whose culture they dont understand at all. Seen it too often. Even with blokes here for 10 years. Too self-centered to get into the local customs and traditions. A yes/ok here can mean no depending on the bodylanguage and facial expression involved. The language is not difficult no matter what farangs claim, the subtile non-verbal communication is much more complex.

I know a guy that is Australian and used to teach with me at CMU years ago. His name was Jean-Paul, but this article states "A well known uni in CM", not "CMU". Odd set of coincidences. I was wondering if it was him in fact. The age and description of his age of the age his GF are both more or less correct.

This is the guy I knew, http://inter.oop.cmu.ac.th/ird-aboutus.php but he has not been a teacher for many years. These stories often have incorrect details and Thai women sometimes lie ("sometimes" 555). 

There are a lot of coincidences;

-works at CMU
-right age
-older GF
-Aussie
-same first name and very similar last name

Either journalistic errors (again a typical lack of due diligence here) or differences that make this a different person from the one I knew:

-not exactly same last name
-not a teacher (anymore)
-article does not expressly say CMU

While JP is a total weirdo, he was always very fearful person. I do not believe he was physically abusive, nor that he kept going back to such an older woman (unless maybe she owes him money??), nor that she fired two warning shots. She may have shot twice and missed, but this smells of total BS!

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

yes, but if other news on here today is true - and its not a rock - then the fish in the sea bite too !

I wondered the same thing, but perhaps he was not trying to "get her back" so much as collect on a debt owed? Purely speculation on my part.

sorry wrong quote

"So many fish in the sea  makes one wonder why one would go back to the same fishing hole when the one that you caught was not eatable"

I wondered the same thing, but perhaps he was not trying to "get her back" so much as collect on a debt owed? Purely speculation on my part.

12 minutes ago, Donotdisturb said:

Maybe she never said NO being grengjai and the clown didn't understand her Thainess. Ah foreigners getting involved with people whose culture they dont understand at all. Seen it too often. Even with blokes here for 10 years. Too self-centered to get into the local customs and traditions. A yes/ok here can mean no depending on the bodylanguage and facial expression involved. The language is not difficult no matter what farangs claim, the subtile non-verbal communication is much more complex.

I think reporting someone to the police twice is an unequivocal no

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

Might like to consider if she has a gun license and permit to carry one in a public place too. If not, then how and where she obtained it and how long she's had it.

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Doesn't matter, was self-defense, he attacked her before.

Using deadly force is not self-defense. Unless the man had a gun or a knife

ANOTHER OUT OF CONTROL, HOT HEADED THAI 

Attempted Murder in my book

Who in their right mind would hang around, waiting for a third round (if the story is true)?  The sight of a perturbed Thai woman (or any Thai) pointing a gun in my general direction, would be more than enough to point me towards the next rodeo... :post-4641-1156694572:

He may well be an aggressive dick....that said, he sure didn't know her too well if he didn't know that She was packing...

man if I knew any girl or guy who carries a gun on her, adios ASAP...why even enter that world of low life creatures...

he was either asking for trouble or she was looking for it simply based on the notion she physically/mentally needs to carry a loaded gun with her....emphasis on a concealed loaded gun....

what type  of life does she live and who are her associates?

what does he take away? A souvenir?

Archived