Aussie language teacher shot in Chiang Mai car park by Thai girlfriend

webfact

Just now, smotherb said:

Yes, thank you. I am pleased to see you, " . . . outlined a possibility . . ." Is that anything like, you made it up? 

it's a forum for discussion. no one knows and if i want to give an opinion on what i think may have happened then i will. Good morning BTW. we have one thing in common at least. we both like to get up early :smile:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

it's a forum for discussion. no one knows and if i want to give an opinion on what i think may have happened then i will. Good morning BTW. we have one thing in common at least. we both like to get up early :smile:

Yes, it is, and it is my opinion that you should wait for more evidence to place blame.  However, I fail to see our commonality. This time I know you are incorrect; I am just coming home.

14 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Yes, it is, and it is my opinion that you should wait for more evidence to place blame.  However, I fail to see our commonality. This time I know you are incorrect; I am just coming home.

you are not correct as i didn't place the blame anywhere. merely gave an opinion on what could have happened and if we had to wait for evidence on every story released, then might as well not bother having a forum to discuss it. anyway, we may see what the truth is in time or it may well just disappear as many stories do. i stand by my comments

19 hours ago, Happy enough said:

a well known chiang mai university . . . chiang mai university?

anyway, why did she have the gun on her in the 1st place then go outside to argue, seems to me she may have intended to shoot the bloke before they even started arguing. speedy recovery ozzie. might be worth moving on from that one now i'd say

The way it reads above, he went to see her after they had already broken up, he brought himself to where the gun was. 

Language teachers may not be a very good catch and tough to get rid of.

2 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Quite interesting news indeed. So on a Songkran holiday it seems to be no problem whatsoever to get a hand gun? Good to know, will stay indoors throughout the festive season then ;-) 

she could have had it for years. when i used to go to our local shooting range, rarely go anymore as we shoot on my father in laws land as cheaper, but there was always couples and some times girls by themselves shooting and they rarely used the ranges guns, usually brought their own

3 hours ago, chenierkmer said:

This is nothing but a lovers disagreement they will be back together next week when he gets paid . Self defense case closed business as usual.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yes sad but true with many couples everywhere.

In this case there would be a request from the lady. Teerak, you need to buy me more bullets, I have already used three.

20 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I thought that only a jealous ex- boyF or husband, would shoot the new frarang who is digging into his EX.....

but now if it's the girl herself who starts to shoot the farang.....this is real inflation !!!!....safer to fly them in from either Vietnam or some neighbouring country guys !!!:whistling:

And naturally, wish the victim a fast recovery and to hear his version of the truth !

she apparantly carried the gun as he had assaulted her before so it was more of a defensive thing , she fired 2 warning shots also when he tried to assault her , then he tried it again and deserved the bullet , ever heard the words "bite the bullet "  he tried it but she shot low ha ha i like your words about a farang digging into your ex though made me laugh !!

Would have been a better option to refuse his meeting.. point blank

rather than shoot him point blank.. even after 2 warning shots..

or even call the police to meet him & warn him off !!

But this is the usual Thai method of break-up...

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Perhaos she was afraid of ending up like this.... (pic)

And perhaps she had good reason to fear this based on his past behavior.

As to "why did she agree to meet him", maybe she did not. Maybe he waylaid her after she rebuffed repeated calls from him. We don't know.

You sound like you believe her.  See my post, below.

13 hours ago, elektrified said:

Most didn't bother to read that. Sounds like he was harassing her and had been violent in the past.

many posters on this thread assume what she said was truth.  We haven't heard from the man, yet.  My opinion: I don't believe the girl.  

1 hour ago, cgphuket said:

Some people just need to be shot.   Maybe he will get the message next time.

That's not cute or witty.   More often than not, guns are a coward's way of dealing with a situation.  

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, it was really funny and original, I couldnt stop laughing .

"a 500 baht fine and a wai"  , how funny is that ha ha ha ha ha ha 

Im laughing again 

why are you laughing at a guy shot in the stomach disgusting person catman 20 is right 

10 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

why are you laughing at a guy shot in the stomach disgusting person catman 20 is right 

catman made a really funny joke , he said that she would do a wai and get a 500 Baht fine , that is what I was laughing at 

21 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

From the little bit I've heard about this from OP, it sounds like the girl is at fault.

A gun is too extreme for dealing with an emotional problem.  She knows it, that's why it appears she's layering on lies.

Regardless, Thai cops are going to lean over backwards to try to excuse her.  Thai cops are immeasurably subjective about such things, and always try hard to excuse whatever Thais are involved, no matter the evidence which may point to Thais over-reacting and/or breaking the law.

Correct, she will walk, but no problem for her, there are plenty more sad pathetic Foreigners who for some strange reason seem to think that having a Thai Chick on their Arm means they have arrived on the World Stage.  :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Acemaker said:

Correct, she will walk, but no problem for her, there are plenty more sad pathetic Foreigners who for some strange reason seem to think that having a Thai Chick on their Arm means they have arrived on the World Stage.  :biggrin:

For each his or her own, I take it you prefer Thai guys or ladyboys  no problem different folks.. different strokes. 

16 hours ago, The manic said:

Which reminds me: I have been meaning to ask for ages. Which are the best shooting ranges in Pattaya and Bangkok?

Are you American by any chance ? another Nut Job on the Streets of Bangkok we dont need.

14 hours ago, Happy enough said:

no one knows what happened only what she says. the story doesn't add up for me. so she reported him twice to the police for assault so she says. so why didn't the police charge him or take any action. if she was so afraid that she thought it OK to walk the streets carrying a gun then why didn't she take this further up the chain with the police before having to resort to walking around with a gun. personally i don't know the full details as no one else here does as there are hardly any details only what this woman says. i knew a bloke who was with a girl who used to beat the shit out of him. we all told him to leave but he wouldn't because he 'loved' the psycho. once he turned around and slapped her, bearing in mind this guy used to come to work with black eyes and cuts all round his neck on a regular basis but he was too ashamed to go to the police. soon as he slapped her she was on the phone to the cops and he was charged with domestic violence so i'm not going to jump to her defense and say he deserved it when she was confident enough to walk around with a gun and use it without taking her complaints further with the police. and if as some on here say they always side with the thai blah blah blah, why didn't the police then charge the guy or take any action from the first 2 supposed reports. somethings not right in this story for me. but anyway, he's not dead, hopefully he recovers they don't see each other again and that's the end of it

Are you missing Coronation Street Beryll , Eastenders maybe ?   :giggle:

14 hours ago, Happy enough said:

i knew a bloke who was with a girl who used to beat the shit out of him. we all told him to leave but he wouldn't because he 'loved' the psycho. once he turned around and slapped her, bearing in mind this guy used to come to work with black eyes and cuts all round his neck on a regular basis but he was too ashamed to go to the police. soon as he slapped her she was on the phone to the cops and he was charged with domestic violence 

A similar thing happened to me , I pushed a woman and she fell over and she called the Police and I got taken in for questioning .

After telling the Police that she had just hit me with a pool cue twice and that I pushed her away to stop her hitting me again and that they should arrest her for assaulting me . 

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

No, it was really funny and original, I couldnt stop laughing .

"a 500 baht fine and a wai"  , how funny is that ha ha ha ha ha ha 

Im laughing again 

im pleased you found it funny. small thing please small minds some times, hope you find this as funny. enjoy your day.

Archived