Aussie language teacher shot in Chiang Mai car park by Thai girlfriend

webfact

1 minute ago, catman20 said:

im pleased you found it funny. small thing please small minds some times, hope you find this as funny. enjoy your day.

I dont suppose that you could post "a wai and a 500 Baht fine" in another thread, could you ?

I could do with another laugh today 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/16/2018 at 12:24 PM, trainman34014 said:

First two shots she probably missed as it's unlikely she has fired a gun before.   Anyway; as a Farang here is lower to most Thai's than a Cockroach she will not be seen to have done much wrong !

I suppose you will be treated like a king back in your own country. So why are you here?

16 hours ago, Happy enough said:

where did you read that? is there an update somewhere?

Not sure if you are asking about how how I said she claimed she did not want him or how I thought she was in the car .  So from the original post.

Suphasri said that she had known the Australian for two years but after arguments they had split up. He had assaulted her, she said, and she had reported to police twice in recent months about alleged assaults as he tried to reunite with her against her wishes.  (shows to me she did not want him)

This time a serious fight broke out and she pulled out a gun and after firing two warning shots she shot him in the abdomen to defend herself, she told the cops.  (shows to me she was in the car?  If not, then how were they fighting when she shot him?  Fighting before he got in the car?  Fighting while he is in the car but she is outside the car?   If she was not in the car, but he was in the car, then she murdered him while he was in the car, and she was outside the car?)

54 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Not sure if you are asking about how how I said she claimed she did not want him or how I thought she was in the car .  So from the original post.

Suphasri said that she had known the Australian for two years but after arguments they had split up. He had assaulted her, she said, and she had reported to police twice in recent months about alleged assaults as he tried to reunite with her against her wishes.  (shows to me she did not want him)

This time a serious fight broke out and she pulled out a gun and after firing two warning shots she shot him in the abdomen to defend herself, she told the cops.  (shows to me she was in the car?  If not, then how were they fighting when she shot him?  Fighting before he got in the car?  Fighting while he is in the car but she is outside the car?   If she was not in the car, but he was in the car, then she murdered him while he was in the car, and she was outside the car?)

"then she murdered him while he was in the car" She didn't murder him!

From the original post:- "Jean Paul Bull, 47, who teaches language at a well known Chiang Mai university is in hospital but recovering."

"(shows to me she was in the car?" In my opinion that is just pure speculation - nothing to do with being in or out of the car. It is possible to be having a fight with someone, and break away from them, and fire two warning shots, and then if they continue to advance - shoot them. (That is speculation as well, but that is what she says happened.) In my country, the word "Stop" is used (usually by the police) with your hand outstretched, and if they don't stop - bang!

I know the guy & the story given by the girl is anything but the truth. 

1. He actually broke up with her sometime ago & she couldn't accept it. 

2. He never assaulted her. 

3. She threatened him with the gun several weeks earlier.The Police Report then said that she had the correct papers for       the gun but no mention of any threat in it.

4. She has been stalking him. She even paid someone to follow him & report back with his location.

16 minutes ago, Expat Brad said:

3. She threatened him with the gun several weeks earlier.The Police Report then said that she had the correct papers for       the gun but no mention of any threat in it.

4. She has been stalking him. She even paid someone to follow him & report back with his location.

if that's true then well . . . what can you say

i find those versions of events more believable than hers if i'm honest

22 minutes ago, Expat Brad said:

It's not entirely clear from the original article, but it seems that the shooting happened in the car park of the woman's apartment building.

If so, it doesn't sound like she was stalking him, and it begs the question - Why was he there if he knew she had a gun and had threatened him?

On 16/04/2018 at 2:18 PM, Time Traveller said:

Australians just don't get it, but self defence is a legitmate reason to use deadly force. 

Yep! All us Aussies are as thick as two short planks.  And we believe everything a Thai girl says just like thick as a brick expats from other countries.  Gees, I wonder if the girl was given the same advice as a couple of other posters, fire two shots into the ceiling/air after shooting the target first.  Maybe that's why she met him outside, didn't want to damage the ceiling or shoot someone upstairs.

4 hours ago, Expat Brad said:

. He actually broke up with her sometime ago & she couldn't accept it.

Then the question remains why he was shot inside her condo building ?

If he was trying to get away from the relationship and claimed she was stalking him , the last place you would want to be is at her place. 

45 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Streuth m8 , don't come the old raw prawn he might of been teaching 'strain .

Australia Universities along with Cambridge University and the British Council help organise the IELTS Testing system.

5 minutes ago, balo said:

If he was trying to get away from the relationship and claimed she was stalking him , the last place you would want to be is at her place. 

I could have sworn the original report said he was shot in a car park, now we have moved into a condo, soon it will be in the shower !!!

23 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

I could have sworn the original report said he was shot in a car park

Yes the car park that belongs to her condo !   Do you get it now ? 

On 4/17/2018 at 2:50 PM, sanemax said:

I dont suppose that you could post "a wai and a 500 Baht fine" in another thread, could you ?

I could do with another laugh today 

dont need to, you seem to be making us all have a great laugh on your own. have you thought about going into comedy ?

5 minutes ago, catman20 said:

dont need to, you seem to be making us all have a great laugh on your own. have you thought about going into comedy ?

I did yes.

I asked in a comedy club whether I could do a stand -up routine and they said that I could , I asked them how much they would pay me and they said "500 Baht and they  gave me a Wai"

3 hours ago, balo said:

Yes the car park that belongs to her condo !   Do you get it now ? 

No I don't get it !!! I don't get how inside her condo is a car park?  I don't get how people in here make a mountain out of a molehill. I don't get how everyone hears one side of the story and then immediately jumps in. What I got from this was that a woman shot a man in car park and then she told the boys in brown why she had done it, however even they didn't take it at face value as they have detained her pending further enquiries. Luckily the guy is likely to survive so eventually we will hear his side of the story (hopefully). In the meantime I wouldn't take the word of anyone who goes around shooting people as gospel and there are many, many reasons why anyone would innocently go to an ex's condo (if it was her condo, as that is unstated, perhaps it was his)....my comment was more of a dig at posters who take something from the original report and then twist it, if however in your world a car park is actually inside her condo then good luck to you, however you possibly need to lay off the alcohol and drugs for a bit.

4 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

No I don't get it !!! I don't get how inside her condo is a car park?  I don't get how people in here make a mountain out of a molehill. I don't get how everyone hears one side of the story and then immediately jumps in. What I got from this was that a woman shot a man in car park and then she told the boys in brown why she had done it, however even they didn't take it at face value as they have detained her pending further enquiries. Luckily the guy is likely to survive so eventually we will hear his side of the story (hopefully). In the meantime I wouldn't take the word of anyone who goes around shooting people as gospel and there are many, many reasons why anyone would innocently go to an ex's condo (if it was her condo, as that is unstated, perhaps it was his)....my comment was more of a dig at posters who take something from the original report and then twist it, if however in your world a car park is actually inside her condo then good luck to you, however you possibly need to lay off the alcohol and drugs for a bit.

He went there as an unwanted stalker.  Most people would call on the mobile or text etc. People do not shoot others casually.  She was probably frightened by a big brute and did what she had to do....But we shall see..!

6 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

if however in your world a car park is actually inside her condo then good luck to you

You still don't get it , do you .  A condo complex consist of more than just rooms.  I am not saying it happened inside her room !  It happened in her condo area. 

Why would he go back to her if they broke up ? 

Maybe he is the one stalking her!!!

2 minutes ago, balo said:

You still don't get it , do you .  A condo complex consist of more than just rooms.  I am not saying it happened inside her room !  It happened in her condo area. 

11 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

Nope, you clearly said, in her condo building, adding sensationalism that wasn't there(the second quote , being a quote from your statement earlier) It would be kind of you to also point out where it states it was her condo carpark, maybe you have read something I haven't.

As to him stalking her, well you are only taking her word for that, so we automatically assume that the first person to get their story in is telling the truth, a little unfair as he is in hospital at the moment, however let's say he was a crazy, violent stalker that actually went to invite her to spend Songkran with him, why would she take a gun to the meeting that she didn't have to go to? None of it makes any sense....she attended a meeting she didn't have to and shot the guy, there's an awful lot of premeditation right there....and I only hope that if a Thai woman ever takes a pot shot at you then people in here don't just automatically assume you are in the wrong....and I also hope she is also like this one a bad shot !!

As in...oh my gosh I'm in the middle of a violent assault....oh wait one moment oh violent assaulter whilst I remove my automatic pistol that I just happen to have in my purse (innocent girl is given time to fumble open purse and remove pistol)....Oh a few seconds more whilst I cock said pistol (come on darling hurry it up, Songkran is passing us by)....okay I'm ready.....are you ready to assume assault?... yes, assailant assumes violent assault...okay...here are your 2 warning shots....now one in the belly.....and thank you very much for not knocking the gun from my frail innocent grasp whilst you were violently assaulting me, a quick call to the police whilst you bleed out then I'm off to the family shindig, luckily I had my party dress on ready and your violent assault was a clean one leaving me unmarked......Jolly good....quick background story and all is sorted.....oh and sorry I didn't really call you over to pay back the money I owe you/return your music CDs/or whatever.....

I for one am not saying my version is true, near to the truth or even credible, as I wouldn't assume anything of the sort, but I'm sorry, her story stinks so lets all just wait for his....

13 hours ago, sanemax said:

I did yes.

I asked in a comedy club whether I could do a stand -up routine and they said that I could , I asked them how much they would pay me and they said "500 Baht and they  gave me a Wai"

and that sounds like 500 baht too much.

I looked at the Thai news report again from Khaosod.co.th  and the translation from Thai is not clear  , so you are right ,  it could be any car park that belongs to any apartment , It could be his condo car park or hers.  Or a strangers.   

Archived