No VAR for Premier League 2018-19

PREM-R

30 minutes ago, StevieH said:

good. it's rubbish. long may football continue to be a game of human trial and error over technology.

A joke in Germany yesterday when players were called out of their dressing rooms to take a PK during halftime.

9 minutes ago, jellydog said:

A joke in Germany yesterday when players were called out of their dressing rooms to take a PK during halftime.

yeah saw that. utter nonsense. and it absolutely will become "and here's your latest VAR, sponsored by heineken/gazprom/sony playstation". give it about 10 years and there won't even be human referees after some bright spark suggests drones can do it better.

If drones or any other way can do it better than we have now - with constant incorrect refereeing decisions - so that we are as close as possible to getting correct results, then I'm all for it.

This is not sunday league kickabout football, this is big business football where a company's income / status can be affected by a wrong result.

When I watch a game I want the correct result. I can handle some stoppages required to get the correct decision. You will only improve the use of the technology by using it.

It's coming you luddites, it's coming!

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If drones or any other way can do it better than we have now - with constant incorrect refereeing decisions - so that we are as close as possible to getting correct results, then I'm all for it.

This is not sunday league kickabout football, this is big business football where a company's income / status can be affected by a wrong result.

When I watch a game I want the correct result. I can handle some stoppages required to get the correct decision. You will only improve the use of the technology by using it.

"According to the PGMO (Professional Game Match Officials) Premier League referee makes around 245 decisions per game, three times more than an average player touches the ball over 90 minutes. That’s one decision every 22 seconds.

Approximately 45 of these decisions are technical – whether goal-kicks, corners or throw-ins – leaving around 200 decisions to judging physical contact and disciplinary actions.

Of those 200, around 35 are visible decisions where an action is taken (fouls, restarts), and 165 are non-visible, where play is allowed to continue.

In total, refs make around five errors per game, meaning they are right 98 per cent of the time.

The number of decisions referees have to make has increased by around three per cent in each of the last two seasons, and that is only likely to go up in the coming years as discussion around rule changes intensifies.

The assistant referee makes on average 50 decisions each game; 45 of these are pure offside judgements, with four of these resulting in offside flags. Their accuracy? Again, a staggering 98 per cent. (Sky Sports)"

doesn't sound "constant" to me that. and don't call football "big business" BB, sounds silly.

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is a very good chance that using it in this years World Cup will kill it off.

9 minutes ago, champers said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is a very good chance that using it in this years World Cup will kill it off.

I absolutely believe that to be true. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

"According to the PGMO (Professional Game Match Officials) Premier League referee makes around 245 decisions per game, three times more than an average player touches the ball over 90 minutes. That’s one decision every 22 seconds.

Approximately 45 of these decisions are technical – whether goal-kicks, corners or throw-ins – leaving around 200 decisions to judging physical contact and disciplinary actions.

Of those 200, around 35 are visible decisions where an action is taken (fouls, restarts), and 165 are non-visible, where play is allowed to continue.

In total, refs make around five errors per game, meaning they are right 98 per cent of the time.

The number of decisions referees have to make has increased by around three per cent in each of the last two seasons, and that is only likely to go up in the coming years as discussion around rule changes intensifies.

The assistant referee makes on average 50 decisions each game; 45 of these are pure offside judgements, with four of these resulting in offside flags. Their accuracy? Again, a staggering 98 per cent. (Sky Sports)"

doesn't sound "constant" to me that. and don't call football "big business" BB, sounds silly.

So they get it right 98% of the time and that's ok for you is it? - Not for me and for those pushing season-on-season to try to introduce ways to try and get it close to 100%.

Call it what you want but it's a business for football clubs/companies and a livelihood for players, management, etc.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

So they get it right 98% of the time and that's ok for you is it? - Not for me and for those pushing season-on-season to try to introduce ways to try and get it close to 100%.

Call it want to want but it's a business for football clubs/companies and a livelihood for players, management, etc.

98% IS close to 100%. 

you and those pushing season-on-season are just tilting at windmills. 

will you advocate robot players replacing human ones once that technology evolves to that point as well? 'cos that's where you're going with this.

31 minutes ago, StevieH said:

will you advocate robot players replacing human ones once that technology evolves to that point as well? 'cos that's where you're going with this.

Now your exaggerating too much stevie. Are Tennis, Cricket, Rugby played by robots? Although referee robots isn't a bad idea

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Now your exaggerating too much stevie. Are Tennis, Cricket, Rugby played by robots? Although referee robots isn't a bad idea

those three sports are by their very nature stop/start boj. they have natural breaks in their play. but then you know that.

VAR isn't needed in football. referees get 98% of decisions right, even in the face of screaming players and incessant, over the top granular TV coverage of every single call. it isn't broke, leave it alone.

12 minutes ago, StevieH said:

those three sports are by their very nature stop/start boj. they have natural breaks in their play. but then you know that.

VAR isn't needed in football. referees get 98% of decisions right, even in the face of screaming players and incessant, over the top granular TV coverage of every single call. it isn't broke, leave it alone.

After our 2 perfectly good goals being disallowed, I can understand your reluctance for correct decisions to be made mate :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

98% IS close to 100%. 

you and those pushing season-on-season are just tilting at windmills. 

Is it? So you'd be ok with 98% of your salary every month? No I don't think you would, just I'm not ok with 98% correct decisions.

It's coming,  just like other sports use technology TO TRY AND HELP THE MATCH OFFICIALS. 

57 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Rugby league and rugby union certainly are no more stop-start than football with its stop-starts for corners,  throw-ins, offsides, fouls, etc., accounting for the ball being in play only for between 47 and 61 minutes!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40993250

21 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Is it? So you'd be ok with 98% of your salary every month? No I don't think you would, just I'm not ok with 98% correct decisions.

It's coming,  just like other sports use technology TO TRY AND HELP THE MATCH OFFICIALS. 

nobody gets 98% of their salary every month 'cos, you know, taxes.

so you'll be selling all those man city players who don't get 98% of their decisions right in a match then? 

were you stamping your feet when you typed that last bit by the way? 

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

After our 2 perfectly good goals being disallowed, I can understand your reluctance for correct decisions to be made mate :thumbsup:

its still hurting cobber. take a break and aim up.lpool were the better team over 2 legs .and throw out the sour grapes. just a neutral point of view

35 minutes ago, StevieH said:

nobody gets 98% of their salary every month 'cos, you know, taxes.

so you'll be selling all those man city players who don't get 98% of their decisions right in a match then? 

were you stamping your feet when you typed that last bit by the way? 

The 98% being ok is yours, remember.  

Never stamped my feet on here yet. Day I do will be time to stroll off in to the sunset. :smile:

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The 98% being ok is yours, remember.  

Never stamped my feet on here yet. Day I do will be time to stroll off in to the sunset. :smile:

yeah i'm fine with 98% of decisions correct in a match. you're the one that's not remember? you're going round in technobabble circles now lid.

there's no way VAR makes football more enjoyable to watch or play. 

18 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

its still hurting cobber. take a break and aim up.lpool were the better team over 2 legs .and throw out the sour grapes. just a neutral point of view

We just won the Premier League cobbler are you not aware of that down under? We just took it off you guys Bruce - apparently your team's recent form is such that it's bottom 5 team form.

So I'm feeling no pain. Bet you are though dingo, can see it in all your posts. Can't even get on with those who support your team on here...strewth matilda. I'm just waiting for one of these coming your way :post-4641-1156693976:

Give us one of your it's a lovely wubbly blue tuesday to all my fans out there - makes me cringe everytime Croc.

3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

yeah i'm fine with 98% of decisions correct in a match. you're the one that's not remember? you're going round in technobabble circles now lid.

there's no way VAR makes football more enjoyable to watch or play. 

But VAR isn't intended to make football more enjoyable to watch or play is it. It's intended to help get the decisions right. Big difference that.

30 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Of course it hurts. If we had lost fair and square, it would be much easier to take. However, having a crucial away goal incorrectly disallowed and then another in the first half at the Etihad disallowed leaves a sour taste. Don't know if you are aware but the game is about goals and to have 2 perfectly good goals chalked off incorrectly leaves it tasting a bit sour and that's not even mentioning Liverpools first goal being given incorrectly as Salah was off side. I'm not saying we would have won overall but I would like to have seen the end result being due to correct decisions. If you want to call it sour grapes, then I'm fine with that but that is my stance and it won't change

52 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Of course it hurts. If we had lost fair and square, it would be much easier to take. However, having a crucial away goal incorrectly disallowed and then another in the first half at the Etihad disallowed leaves a sour taste. Don't know if you are aware but the game is about goals and to have 2 perfectly good goals chalked off incorrectly leaves it tasting a bit sour and that's not even mentioning Liverpools first goal being given incorrectly as Salah was off side. I'm not saying we would have won overall but I would like to have seen the end result being due to correct decisions. If you want to call it sour grapes, then I'm fine with that but that is my stance and it won't change

and e/s being a sitting on a fence observer and footy views .              over the two legs lpool were the best side .perhaps in your view.a couple decisions went against the grain.but great teams overcome them.m.city did.nt do it .the scoreline tells the true picture   5.1  5,.1 5.1  .want do want blood?

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We just won the Premier League cobbler are you not aware of that down under? We just took it off you guys Bruce - apparently your team's recent form is such that it's bottom 5 team form.

So I'm feeling no pain. Bet you are though dingo, can see it in all your posts. Can't even get on with those who support your team on here...strewth matilda. I'm just waiting for one of these coming your way :post-4641-1156693976:

Give us one of your it's a lovely wubbly blue tuesday to all my fans out there - makes me cringe everytime Croc.

trigg if the above is best you can do.        crawl  back under your rock..just trolling and baiting.  e./ s at leasts posts without fear or favour.not in any cliques...feel if you can pull yourself together.there is a ignore button  use it laddy

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

trigg if the above is best you can do.        crawl  back under your rock..just trolling and baiting.  e./ s at leasts posts without fear or favour.not in any cliques...feel if you can pull yourself together.there is a ignore button  use it laddy

Why would I want to put you on ignore Sheila, you're a bloody ripper.

A merry evening to all of Bruce's fans  (as if there are any) on TV.

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

8 hours ago, evenstevens said:

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

6 hours ago, evenstevens said:

and e/s being a sitting on a fence observer and footy views .              over the two legs lpool were the best side .perhaps in your view.a couple decisions went against the grain.but great teams overcome them.m.city did.nt do it .the scoreline tells the true picture   5.1  5,.1 5.1  .want do want blood?

5 hours ago, evenstevens said:

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

In my view!! Tell me, did you see the games? If so, give me your view. Where the 2 goals that were disallowed good goals or not?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Have to ask E/S, why, when City fans and Liverpool fans moved on several days ago, are you still flogging this deadhorse? In Sydney or in a time warp?

You do realise that Liverpool have played Bournemouth and City have played Spurs since the CL?

felt obliged to recap  posts of y/day (above).which clearly shows  that the brooding still remains of your defeat at the hands of lpool in the c/l and       slyly asking that e/s receive a red card on this forum for my response plus other taunts by trigg.                    i have seen the match 2 times(replays) hope that clears the air on that  trivial matter.plus trying to make out  e/s the bad guy on the footy forum. .just because i have a different opimion which does.nt fit to your agenda(triigg and mr bj)

Archived