What have the Thai's got right that your'e Home Country has not?

There is a topic running just now from Bangkok Barry which gave me the idea for this one.

What has Thailand got right that your'e home country hasn't?

It is a sore point with me that you cannot make a left turn against a red light when it is safe to do so 

in the UK.

Also, at very slow times like in the early hours of the morning we have flashing lights which allow us to ride or 

drive through with caution. But in the UK, you can sit at these lights for long enough sometimes and never see any traffic.

So what has Thailand got right that your'e home country has not?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai people not coming on (your home country here) Visa and being complete AH's. Denigrating the people who live in the country, their food, their customs, their beliefs, criticizing their every move, moaning about how 'Things Used to Be', ...

Need more examples ?

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

But in the UK, you can sit at these lights for long enough sometimes and never see any traffic.

I thought they had sensor cabled buried in the road as you approach a junction to trigger the lights in your favor in this kind of situation.

:huh:

10 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

I thought they had sensor cabled buried in the road as you approach a junction to trigger the lights in your favor in this kind of situation.

In general at night or when it's quiet in the UK just flashing your headlights triggers the lights to change wouldn't really describe the Thai way of using traffic-lights (or absolutely anything on the roads for that matter!!) as an advantage or a better way of doing things....

They don't allow anyone to buy their land, in my country people from all over the world have bought houses and left them vacant. It is easier to flip the property if you don't have a renter (who has rights and can not be evicted without cause). I say good for the Thais, wish my country were the same.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

What country are you from? So no birds of the feathered variety there then?

There must be birds of the skirt variety surely.

Bird watching from where I come from is called whaling.  No skirts but plenty of sweat pants.  

19 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Not in Scotland that I know of, I have been coming home from gigs in the early hours many times and came across plenty of red lights, I always had to stop, but if there were no traffic, I would just go.

17 hours ago, onera1961 said:

In the US, they have flashing red (stop, yield, go) when traffic is light.

I know, I always said this long before I first came to Thailand, I have driven in many parts of America

and what a difference that made.

On 4/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

And Christmas is also much more fun in Thailand

5ad47f31324ac_SapphireChristmasParty2015.png.42e91e041684595f43a94bddae48cdc8.png

I got no problem liking your posts, think you might have startled the old ones with those. All arguments invalid....................:thumbsup:

Good street food available all over.

Bird watching/listening where I live (not the fem version). Must be 10 or so species across from condo I live in as there is big empty lot with trees. Oh, and some interesting frog noises at night.

Just now, Emster23 said:

Good street food available all over.

Bird watching/listening where I live (not the fem version). Must be 10 or so species across from condo I live in as there is big empty lot with trees. Oh, and some interesting frog noises at night.

Your home country doesn't have birds?

BTS/tuk tuks, MUCH cheaper phone service, cheaper utilities/rent/internet.

Oh yeah - the girls! Every time I go back to the states, all I see are girls who have devolved into ping pong balls with stubby arms and legs along with a gaping maw. You know, Walmartians.

Archived