What have the Thai's got right that your'e Home Country has not?

1/ Bum Guns

2/ Motorcycle lanes

3/ Cheap rent

4/ Cheap food

5/ Turn left on red

6/ Equitable divorce laws

7/ Thai ownership of land

8/ Cheap mobile phone systems

9/ Cheap water

10/ Cheap electricity

11/ Cheap fines for traffic offences

12/ Women who know how to stay sexy

13/ Respect for age

Now compare that with Australia, and tell me where I have got it wrong.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

1/ Bum Guns

2/ Motorcycle lanes

3/ Cheap rent

4/ Cheap food

5/ Turn left on red

6/ Equitable divorce laws

7/ Thai ownership of land

9/ Cheap water

10/ Cheap electricity

11/ Cheap fines for traffic offences

12/ Women who know how to stay sexy

13/ Respect for age

Now compare that with Australia, and tell me where I have got it wrong.

It is cheaper for me to call Thailand from Australia (Telstra) than the other way around with True. If you use True wifi check their current packages that are just a big ripoff. A fraction of the data for the same price.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you think the prices increased only here or also "back home"? I remember the days from 500B for 2 hours of intensive care. But to be fair that was 20 years ago...

And I remember that when the baht was 20 to $1 and the cost of a Singhai was 7 baht and 30 minutes with a lady in Udon was 5 baht January 1961.and again baht at 25 to $1 in Patpong , Singhai 30 baht and a short time was 100-200 baht,all night 400-500 baht,  !975.I can afford to go home to Texas but who wants to date me at my age? So here I stay with all these lovely's. In Japan in the 1950s and 1970s a gtreat time was there to be had but their success drove all but the rich guys out .Don't forget that the Thai guys acting like axxholes to their women drives them toward us farangs and the continue corruption here keeps Thailand in the second or third world economy and keeps it cheap enough for us to live here.So I say keep it up Thai guys and Keep doing what you are doing Government.

Countdowns at the traffic  lights, great idea, unfortunately followed by driving thru on red for about 3-4 seconds after.

Going to a back street shop who will knock you something up often on the spot and drop whatever they are working on ( usually in metalwork for me such as a bracket etc)

Mc Donalds delivery, the ability to give  a death bus/van  driver a  package in BKK to deliver to me and leave it at my local Police box 240km away if I need something urgently.

Bonjour pastries

Lack of law enforcement, unfortunately also a problem  when many here  simply totally abuse it.

Ease of staying in Thailand ( although a pain in the arse as each year its a different rule interpretation by Immigration its  still relatively easy)

Being served petrol which hasnt been done (mostly) in the Uk for 40 years although my Mum lives in rural Wales and they still do it for you.

Sun...............got tired of almost NO sun in the UK and gloomy 6  month winters, here its too much but at least you can go out without thinking " I wonder if its  gonna  rain/snow/hail/freeze etc (Ex.U.K)

My Local Toyota dealer who will virtually fix  anything there and then even removing a  snake from the car once.

The weird insects, great birds, butterflies, trees and speed of growth of trees + can grow almost anything.

A  million other things which offset the  bastard annoying other things that Thais do

Thai govt / military doesn't roam the world

murdering millions and destroying countries

and entire civilizations like my f**ked up

country does ... yeah, U R right I'm an american

and totally ashamed of what "my" country has

evolved into

8 minutes ago, carken said:

evolved into

Good idea. Let them kill all their innocents with chemical weapons, and sit back and cry about your govt. Champion you are.

On 16/04/2018 at 5:53 PM, Beachcomber said:

I thought they had sensor cabled buried in the road as you approach a junction to trigger the lights in your favor in this kind of situation.

:huh:

Yes some countries do,  AUS in  some Cities .

14 minutes ago, carken said:

evolved into

Hush... don't let TV member Morch read your lines.

Back to topic:

1/ Climate

2/ Ladies

3/ Cheap hotels

4/ Cheap food

5/ Bum guns

6/ Gasoline stations like PTT with all amenities, WC, 7-11, ATMs, Amazon

7/ Cheap travelling/hotels/buses/gasoline/taxis/vans

9/ Cheap water

10/ Cheap electricity

11/ Cheap gasoline

12/ Free WiFi almost everywhere

13/ Respect for age

14/ Cheap house rental

15/ Cheap car/bike maintenance

16/ Simple lifestyle, jeans, shorts, T-shirts, no shoes, no socks, no suits, no ties

17/ Great malls

18 to 100/ other things I cannot think of now

17 minutes ago, Goanna said:

Good idea. Let them kill all their innocents with chemical weapons, and sit back and cry about your govt. Champion you are.

Good idea. Let them kill innocents from Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia, Syria, Yemen, Pakistan by bombs, drones, depleted uranium ammunition, then sit back and cry about alleged gas and chemical weapons attacks. Lie to the world about WMD in Iraq while your government had supplied Saddam with gas and chemical weapons during the Iran/Iraq war. Continue with regime changes in any country you (dis)like and go ahead preparing for a war with Iran, Russia and China.

Sorry Champion, I think both of us are off topic.

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

It is cheaper for me to call Thailand from Australia (Telstra) than the other way around with True. If you use True wifi check their current packages that are just a big ripoff. A fraction of the data for the same price.

I use True Move on what would be termed a dumb phone. Pay phone credit at the 7/11 about once a month. I can call my credit union or stockbroker from Thailand for about AUD 2.

Telstra? Most dysfunctional service provider bar none. God help me, I'm a shareholder. We must live on different planets.

1 minute ago, nausea said:

Being about 40 or 50 years behind us, but I guess they'll catch up. Thailand always reminds me of my childhood in the 1950s, except this time around I'm not some snotty nosed working class kid.

Catch up? PC has made the west far worse. Longer working hours, more depression, more illness, more obesity.

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

That's what paper is for provided your arm is long enough.

It was long enough for over 60 years, before I came to Thailand. Now I view Western countries as millions of filthy backsides. Have you ever thought how many trees get chopped down to make paper, and how many sewage plants are over-designed, to satisfy your point of view?

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

It was long enough for over 60 years, before I came to Thailand. Now I view Western countries as millions of filthy backsides. Have you ever thought how many trees get chopped down to make paper, and how many sewage plants are over-designed, to satisfy your point of view?

Nope

Archived