Agricultural Fairs And Shows

chownah

My sister in law called from Bangkok to tell me that there is an agricultural fair going on at Kasetsat University for the next 9 days. It has alot of different machinery and tools for farming and experts on hand to answer questions....and more.

Just thought you'd like to know. My wife thinks that Kasetsat Univ. is located north of Chatuchak Park in the vicinity of Weepahwahdee Hospital.

Chownah

Edited by RamdomChances

• 1 month later...
VIV Asia is coming up from March 7th - 9th. See their website http://sites.vnuexhibitions.com/sites/www_...nl/en/index.asp

Before that (March 5th - 6th) is Asia-Pacific Poultry 2007 http://www.appc2007.org/

Both in Bangkok

Details of other trade fairs can be seen at http://www.thaitradefair.com

The 28th Bangkok International Motor Show 2007 at BITEC (Bangkok) 28 March - 8 April

International automotive exhibition of cars and motorcycles including latest technology of leading manufacturers around the world, launching of new model cars, concept cars, car accessories, maintenance equipment, etc. -- Heard that it will have a boot for Argricultural Machine/tractor as well

• 1 month later...

Next week 18 - 22 May is Thaifex World of Food Asia at Impact Arena. http://www.worldoffoodasia.com

Most it will be further up the value chain than primary production but there is a section on Food Technology for those farmers interested in vertical integration and also a good chance to see what 'the market' is getting up to. At the very least there should be plenty of nice scran.

• 7 months later...

There's a big agricultural fair in Phetchabun, every January, known locally as the sweet Tamarind festival. Last year we bought fruit trees,and lots of other plants. It's on again at the end of next week, I'll note down the exact dates when I'm in town tomorrow. Last year, there was also machinery for sale, a great variety of inexpensive (compared to UK prices) plants, water features, garden ornaments, but I can't recall seeing seeds for sale. Anyone in the area wanting seeds, vegetable or flower, they can be bought at a couple of shops on the left hand side of the road, where the memorial arch is, go down to the roundabout then keep going, they are in the second part of the road, between the roundabout and Bangkok Bank. Seeds are displayed outside the shops.

In Wang Chom Phu, there's a hardware store with lots of seeds, next door to the Doctors surgery. We've bought lots from there and the garden's looking lovely! Could use a little rain though. Happy growing to one and all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just found out today there is an Ag show(started today, Feb. 21-24 at Suranaree University/Tech here in Korat, it's a few miles south, same side past where the Sea Games were held. The locale #17 purple & white small A/C bus on the west leg: starts at the new bus station, Big C, across from The Mall, Lotus. Bt16 one way. Show closes at 6PM.

The wife talked to a lady with a dog and she was going to "show the dog", so on Sat. there will dog show there besides????????? The wife also said she sees meat and vegs from Suranaree school for sale at The Mall sometimes, class byproducts I guess. They are suppose to have a hydroponics dept., I;m looking forward to seeing it.

rice555

Hello all, went to the Korat-Suranaree today Fri 22,08 and was nice, a lot different the KK show a week or so back. As you can see from the add poster pictures, most of the show is inside(AIR-CON). Only had a few test plots of Veg's, one was a "bush" long bean bred at the school, seed was for sale.

There were displays of mushrooms, succulents, flowers and orchids, some for sale.

Small livestock display, goats, sheep, pigs and I thought I saw some calfs.

rice555 ps, it's 2 miles "past" the Sea Game stadium turn off, turn R and another 4 or 5 miles more, nice drive.

post-37242-1203695401_thumb.jpg

post-37242-1203696601_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know when the Kaset Agricultural Fair is this year 2008?

BB

Regrettably it was canceled due to the 100 days mourning period...

Hi

Pete.

Did Kaset Uni have a website promoting the Ag Fair?

URL if they did, please. :o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I would be interested to learn of any trade fairs coming up that showcase agricultural machinery. Any on the horizon?

I too would be interested in learning about any trade fairs from September on.

I would be interested to learn of any trade fairs coming up that showcase agricultural machinery. Any on the horizon?

I too would be interested in learning about any trade fairs from September on.

Big show in Surin on 7th december it is a cattle show Indu brasil - Brahman but has a lot of other things going on re farming .

JB

• 2 months later...

Dear whom may attention,

If you are interested about the agricultural fair. There is Kaset Fair in Nakornpathom province, Amphure Kampaengsaen, at Kasetsart University (Kampaengsaen kampus). I think that is bigest fair in central of thailand on 5-10 December every year.

There are many interested things in that faire such as ...

- Farm Tractors & Implement

- Irrigation system for farming

- domestic animal

- etc.

Best Regards,

Poo

Thank you Poo.

Is there a link to a website about the fair?

:o

Yes. But there is thai website. Could you read Thai?

Poo, are you sure about the dates?

"biggest fair in central of Thailand on 5-10 December"

I recall that it was in Jan-Feb or is that a separate fair.?

Please post the url.

cheers. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All, there will be a show at the Ag School in Nakhon Pathom, Dec.5-7, 08. The phone numbers listed are: 08-1880-8360, 089-203-1424, 084-449-3422, 089-742-2492, 081-375-2416 and the magazine this add was in was also listed with these numbers is 027-454-552. I found the add in a cow and goat magazine, this issue is heavy on goats.

rice555

post-37242-1226247804_thumb.jpg

post-37242-1226247961_thumb.jpg

Hello All, this is a 'goat's only show' from what I can get out of my Thai translation hardware, milk-meat and animal contest. Out of the same magazine as the other show I posted on this thread. It is in the same area(Nakhon Pathom) as the other show, on Dec. 19-21, 2551. For info call 08-1173-9470

post-37242-1226844038_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, World Tapioca Conference www.dft.go.th

Chia Tai Fair 2009, Jan 10-18 P/N 02-233-8191 www.chiataigroup.com

The C-T Fair has all their new seed and things, the do supply greenhouse and systems, I think they use Netifim irrigation products.

rice555

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...