BANGKOK 19 July 2019 17:38

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

SHARK ALERT: Hua Hin fisherman says not a question of 'if' but 'what kind' attacked tourist

Plenty of information on the internet these days regarding shark bites & the treatments available...

but the net in Thailand is mainly used for games or posting trash!!

The good doctor (no blame intended) should use it a bit more often rather than relying on personal experiences alone!

What type of shark was it ??, I,d say a hungry one with sharp teeth, stupid doctors. Some would not know which cornflake packet that their licence can out of 

1 hour ago, LuukKoeyKorat said:

You'll be happy to hear that I saw a family (pod?) of 4 dolphins coming up for air and swimming 50m off the Donsak ferry terminal on 31st March ! :smile:

Oh yess, THX for this information !!!

i have seen sharks 1 meter to 1.5 meter long when snorkeling on the east coast of Ko Tao. So why wouldn't they be wandering up north ?  Absolutely credible. 

Although the cut looks more like a slash, and it could easily have been caused by broken barnacles on rocks and the coral remains off the beach of Hua Hin. Myself I have slashed my lower legs once on some of these barnacles, they are razor sharp

The rock that appears to be moving about looks to be a different type than the other rocks.

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

No one has yet quoted the tourist about what he saw or felt.

I think I would have started there.

8 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

What have speed boat experts got to do with a shark attack ?

I must be getting old.  I read that they were experts IN a speed boat, not speed boat experts!!

There are hundreds of sharks in Thailand, mostly off the islands.  People pay to 'swim with the sharks'.  There are umpteen videos of people swimming with sharks off Koh Tao, Krabi, Phuket and more.  There are stingrays in Thai waters as big as cars.  Nothing special about sharks.  These are tropical waters.  What do you expect?

Prior to reading these posts, I would consider it probable that it was a bull Shark and I was interested to read other opinions that support the theory. 

9 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

What have speed boat experts got to do with a shark attack ?

"EXPERTS" in a "SPEEDBOAT" is a childish emphasis on the urgency they are dealing with it. Anyway, there is nothing to deal with. Shark attacks are very rare and according to this news report it is the first one of its kind. 

So, simply get on with it and let is pass, the guy was bitten and will have a nice scare and a story to tell his grandkids but he is obviously alive and well.

"Phichet Wongkai said that a year ago he had caught two bull sharks in his net each weighing 30-40 kilos..."

Yup, I wonder what happened to the two bull sharks.

I honestly hope they'd leave the sharks alone. We are in 'their territory', not the other way around. Toursists should be warned, and authorities may put up safety nets around areas where tourists normally swim. Apart from these, I really hope they leave the sharks to do whatever nature intended for them to do.

More like stupid Thai doctor who just could not believe there was a shark in the

area, so disclaimed the tourists word.. Thailand!

Geezer