SHARK ALERT: Hua Hin fisherman says not a question of 'if' but 'what kind' attacked tourist

Just now, Hummin said:

We are not on their menu ;-)

If they bite, they spit us out again after they reckon the mistake. The more shit you smell and pie the better :)

Just dont jump in water after eating seafood, or after a succesfull fishing trip ;-)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

So with 400 sharks to choose from or the 14 species in Thai waters all with different teeth for different diets which species do think  made the bite on that man's foot?

hey im a TV detective not a psychic.

but evidence ( you can read on this very thread actually) suggests there are only 2 or 3 types of shark common to that area.

the monk who took the videos talks about them also

Just now, Media1 said:

These sharks are on the move following seal migrations and simply hungry.  probably Tiger or Bull sharks

I don't know about the seal migration patterns here, there are no seal species listed in the Thai National Parks website and I've never seen any here. But if that had been a tiger he'd be lucky to get away with half a leg lost!

Some troll posts have been removed. 

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

I don't know about the seal migration patterns here, there are no seal species listed in the Thai National Parks website and I've never seen any here. But if that had been a tiger he'd be lucky to get away with half a leg lost!

They looked like baby sharks to me. There are no seals here but sharks travel thousands of miles

21 minutes ago, Media1 said:

They looked like baby sharks to me. There are no seals here but sharks travel thousands of miles

We don't know how big the attacker is though. A 2m bull could easily do that damage.

On 4/17/2018 at 3:10 PM, wvavin said:

Typical a Thai practice that they would setup a shrine to pray to the sharks so as not to attack the people there or perhaps asking for lottery numbers.....LOL

What's wrong with Thai people? Yeah, thai people may be superstitious please leave them alone don't laugh at them.

18 hours ago, evadgib said:

Box jellyfish are a far bigger threat to swimmers IMO.

It's interesting that one shark bite has generated all this brouhaha yet the Box jelly just goes largely ignored.

Nobody's been killed by sharks in Thai waters for over a centuryof yet people die every year from box jellies.

I guess the difference is that deaths from box jellies will continue, but when no one dies of shark bites the authorities can claim an unmitigated success.

23 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

It's interesting that one shark bite has generated all this brouhaha yet the Box jelly just goes largely ignored.

Nobody's been killed by sharks in Thai waters for over a centuryof yet people die every year from box jellies.

I guess the difference is that deaths from box jellies will continue, but when no one dies of shark bites the authorities can claim an unmitigated success.

The difference is that the shark bite is NEWs.

Archived