Blacklisted for overstay. Name change on passport

1 minute ago, jenny2017 said:

They're using facial scanners.

Apparently not enough to keep loads of foreigners from getting into the country (by land border crossings???) and later getting arrested for illegal entry in the series of raids that Big Joke and his police minions have been having in BKK lately.

Swampy and DM aren't the only entries into the country.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

if you try and enter just by changing your name and they find out you know where you'll end up then. best thing you can try to do is appeal if you have a wife IMO but i hear it's not easy or cheap to get a BL overturned though

Lawyer seems to think can get it down from 10years to 5years

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Keithsbd said:

I have a thai wife over there.  My passport was stolen. By time my new one arrived i was on overstay. When i told immigration it was stolen and provided police reports they didnt care. Just said it was my problem and sent me to detention centre in Bangkok 

A 10-year ban relates to a significant overstay. Emergency Travel documents are provided within a  couple of days.  New passports can be obtained within, at most, a few weeks not months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't actually surrender. I asked immigration for advice.  When i found out that immgration didnt care it was stolen i would have been deported anyway so took my chances but caught up with me 18months later. Big sign in detention centre last week says up to 1 year overstay non surrender 5years ban. Over 1 year overstay non surrender 10 years ban.  Up to 1 year overstay  surrender 1year ban. Over stay more 1 year surrender 3 year ban. More 3 year overstay surrender 5 year ban. More 5 year surrender 10 year ban

4 minutes ago, Keithsbd said:

I didn't actually surrender. I asked immigration for advice.  When i found out that immgration didnt care it was stolen i would have been deported anyway so took my chances but caught up with me 18months later. Big sign in detention centre last week says up to 1 year overstay non surrender 5years ban. Over 1 year overstay non surrender 10 years ban.  Up to 1 year overstay  surrender 1year ban. Over stay more 1 year surrender 3 year ban. More 3 year overstay surrender 5 year ban. More 5 year surrender 10 year ban

so that explains it a bit better than your original post

that will be almost impossible to overturn i think

you can try the name change but you know you're running a risk and you've taken risks before and know where you could end up

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 1

Appreciate the comments but everyone is moving away from my original question about getting back in if change name. Ive had all the lectures and info about new passport arrival dates, length of overstays and bans etc. Thats happened.  I cant change that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Swimman said:

A 10-year ban relates to a significant overstay. Emergency Travel documents are provided within a  couple of days.  New passports can be obtained within, at most, a few weeks not months.

18 months total over. Non surrender 10 years. 3 years if had of surrendered

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

so that explains it a bit better than your original post

that will be almost impossible to overturn i think

you can try the name change but you know you're running a risk and you've taken risks before and know where you could end up

Think it was easy to do few years back but since chipped passport, fingerprjnting and face scanners. Im pretty sure your old details would be linked to new name. If not then every wanted criminal would be changing their name

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HampiK said:

One small question:

If you can come back on a new name… You wrote you married to a thai. But how you think you will stay inside Thailand? The Visa on marriage to a thai will not work, else they will find out your real name. Or you are already over 50 years and can ask for retirement?

But even with that and your address wich will be the same as from your old name… and you stay with a married wife, which is married to the old name… hmmmmm more risk will appear maybe

Yeah ur right. Another thing to think about.  Had not thought at that. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Keithsbd said:

That was a thought. Also she lives couple hours  from laos so that was another option for me to move there 

i hear it's pretty easy to cross from laos into thailand without going through immigration. i wouldn't suggest such a thing, just saying

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Keithsbd said:

I didn't actually surrender. I asked immigration for advice.  When i found out that immgration didnt care it was stolen i would have been deported anyway so took my chances but caught up with me 18months later.

Bad move , you should have left Thailand immediately after getting a new PP and just paid the over stay fine

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i hear it's pretty easy to cross from laos into thailand without going through immigration. i wouldn't suggest such a thing, just saying

If he did that and got caught, he would face  more serious charges