YouTube star slams rip-off taxi driver

webfact

2 minutes ago, Disillusioned farang said:

What a rediculous statement !! 

So we should get ripped of by greedy uneducated people and just look happy and accept it ? 

Its people like you that promote this sort of behaviour ! 

I hope you have a lot of money to live here a long time as you are happy to give it away !  Lol

This aint Kansas Dorothy, if you can't understand that the vast majority of people here are poor and uneducated by your standards you shouldn't be here.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hope he has a work visa? his little hissy fit could come back to haunt him in a big way ..75baht not worth all the drama or eyeballs on you

Ah ! The reaction of “farang don’t complain about anything brigade “ . The poor underpaid taxi driver he deserves his stolen tip , boohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

He gave 200 for expressway fees which cost 100 and got no change. 

He paid 500 for the cab which cost 425 and got no change. 

That’s 175 baht change he should have got out of a total of 700 baht. 

The cab driver is NOT entitled to take his own tip! A big tip considering the total cost too. 

Why would you give someone two x 100 Baht notes if you knew the cost to be only 100 Baht?

Why also, after having 'allegedly'  been ripped off by this driver, would you, (being so worldly-wise about Thailand), then give the driver another 500 Baht,(one note?) and negotiate a tip?

Then, why did he not call the police, (He speaks Thai), and report this 'theft' - or use the phone number, available in cabs (?), to report him rather than glamorising himself on Youtube?

The solution to this problem at Bangkok Swampy Airport used to be take Uber, now it's Grab, but Grab taxi drivers can also rip you off. Better take the airport link to any stop away from the airport then take your chances with local taxi to your destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Given the ease, convenience, speed and low cost of the airport link I don't understand why people bother with taxi's at Swampy.

AIrport Rail Link is a great alternative to airport taxi if you're headed into downtown BKK except during rush hours when it's a particularly unpleasant commute due to small numbers of carriages used compared with the crowds using the service

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, terryp said:

hope he has a work visa? his little hissy fit could come back to haunt him in a big way ..75baht not worth all the drama or eyeballs on you

Imaginary fear is what allows this type of behavior by taxi drivers. Your use of the phrase "hissy fit" degrades any merit to your post.

13 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

People wonder why farangs are unpopular with certain small sections of the thai community.

All this for 40 baht.

I'm not taking notes but how did you arrive at the ฿40 amount?   

He did state he wanted back his ฿75 which under the circumstances would have been  a generous and unwarranted tip.

Are you using voodoo economics/arithmetic? :smile:

3 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I'm not taking notes but how did you arrive at the ฿40 amount?   

He did state he wanted back his ฿75 which under the circumstances would have been  a generous and unwarranted tip.

Are you using voodoo economics/arithmetic? :smile:

"Mac reportedly said it would add up to Bt425, so the diver should give him at least Bt40 change."

14 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

If I was Thai and saw him, I would ask for more or kick him out from the get go. 

If you conduct your life with that mindset, I wish you well. Well far from me.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

"Mac reportedly said it would add up to Bt425, so the diver should give him at least Bt40 change."

"Mac argued that the metre stated Bt375 so the driver said he had to add Bt50 airport fee. Mac reportedly said it would add up to Bt425, so the diver should give him at least Bt40 change."

Maybe I should take notes?

And what about the ฿ 200?

Is Colonel Mustard still in the building?

Some taxi drivers in Bangkok are great, but plenty are terrible.  What I like is the widespread publicity this incident has received which hopefully will cause other taxi drivers to reconsider pulling these stunts, especially those who refuse fares and / or refuse to turn on the meter.

13 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

It’s about time people started to stand up against rip off merchants. It’s about princeable. Well done.  A few more vidios  and maybe just maybe the Thais will get it,

princeable??????  :cheesy:

Was he wearing a crown?

14 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

People wonder why farangs are unpopular with certain small sections of the thai community.

All this for 40 baht.

The "small sections" AKA Small Minds, do not understand honesty is the best policy! Too bad, so sad, never mind. Their loss. :post-4641-1156693976:

I give the 500 from either airport to sukhumvit, good luck to them, most of the time they are stuck in traffic without a fare or driving around without a passenger, so maybe its an extra $3.00. I don't take a taxi every day. Wish the driver Chok Dee and be grateful that you don't have that job.

9 hours ago, The manic said:

So he didnt call the number on the 50 baht voucher to register his complaint? How much of this story is true or just lieing click bait for his illegal YouTube channel. 

How can a youtube channel be illegal?

9 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Just a low income blue collar worker trying to squeeze a few extra baht from someone who probably wouldn’t miss it much anyway, it’s not right I know, but compare the lifestyle of enraged Mac or whatever his name is to the taxi drivers lifestyle and quality of life, then you’ll see the real crime; it’s social injustice and maybe Danny Mac should think about that instead of ranting about his couple of hundred baht..... <deleted>.

So you mean Mac should help raise the salary of the cab driver??Thought that's papas job.I don't understand why people here blaming Mac?The cab driver is wrong.Normally everybody here is always blaming bkk cabdrivers for whatever Shit they do.Seems like some guys here are jealous Mac speaks Thai,has a website and is not to ugly

8 minutes ago, nycjoe said:

I give the 500 from either airport to sukhumvit, good luck to them, most of the time they are stuck in traffic without a fare or driving around without a passenger, so maybe its an extra $3.00. I don't take a taxi every day. Wish the driver Chok Dee and be grateful that you don't have that job.

Many times have tried to get a roadside taxi but do they stop? When told where you want to go - "No". And I leave it up to my Thai partner to hail the cab in the first instance while I stand disinterested away from the 'activity'!

Hence the driving around without a passenger! No sympathy for many of them. Fortunately there are some decent cabbies around. 

9 hours ago, CGW said:

There are few "forms of life" that are so lowly paid as well :shock1:

Then maybe try another job, taxi driver seems to be the ultimate favourite job I wonder why. They are lots of hardworking Thais (even more Cambodians, Burmese and Laotians) getting a lot less, not complaining and not ripping people off. 

Archived