PFA Premier League Team of the Year 2018

Bredbury Blue

PFA Premier League Team of the Year 2018 has been announced.

GK | David De Gea

RB | Kyle Walker
CB | Jan Vertonghen
CB | Nicolás Otamendi
LB | Marcos Alonso

MID | David Silva
MID | Kevin De Bruyne
MID | Christian Eriksen

FWD | Harry Kane
FWD | Mohamed Salah
FWD | Sergio Aguero

Alonso?

That player the Spurs fans on here don't rate is in it AND he's also top of the league: Kyle Walker.

Think Fernandinho is unlucky not to be included though I am an Eriksen fan.

Agree/disagree with that 11?

On another thread I; and a few others picked different teams. For me, Sterling instead of Aguerro looks more balanced. Young and Valencia would be my full backs, Azpilacuta would have to be one of the centre backs.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Can't really argue with that apart from Walker who is made to look good by his teammates imho.

You could make that comment about several of the 11.

Shock for me was selection of Alonso. Was he really that good this season? 

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You could make that comment about several of the 11.

Shock for me was selection of Alonso. Was he really that good this season? 

Puts into focus how Danny Rose has not pushed on this season.

Disappointing really.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Can't really argue with that apart from Walker who is made to look good by his teammates imho.

Well lets not forget Trippier has been rotated whenever possible so has played fewer league games.  Still better in every department other than speed.  The lad at Liverpool (who's name i cannot seem to get fixed in my head) already looks the best English right back to me.  He has speed that Trippier doesn't and a defensive brain that Walker doesn't and can also cross the ball.  

42 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Disappointing really.

Should have been Robertson but as per usual this is all down to the voting taking place far, far too early in the season.  Its absolute b*llocks.

45 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Disappointing really.

Don't forget before he opened his trap to the Scum he'd been long term injured.  Anyway, after that interview his career at Spurs was effectively over.  I am also aware Walker's in it but Trippier was rotated a lot.  Walker has little of no idea how to defend, just has a magnificent midfield in front to flatter him and hide his glaringly bad positional play.  Due to Trippier's rotation it had to be him, almost by default.  

He really hasn't improved, just has a better midfield to cover him more.

24 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well lets not forget Trippier has been rotated whenever possible so has played fewer league games.  Still better in every department other than speed.  The lad at Liverpool (who's name i cannot seem to get fixed in my head) already looks the best English right back to me.  He has speed that Trippier doesn't and a defensive brain that Walker doesn't and can also cross the ball.  

just call him trent. it's less of a mouthful than his surname.

and yeah his passing and crossing are fantastic. he's quite reminiscent of steven gerrard at that age really, who also played a bunch of early matches at right-back. think it quite likely trent will become a midfielder in time.

26 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

As carmine said it is <deleted>, KDB will get POY but he has scored one goal in 4 months. 

Actually I don't think KdB will win it - since Merlin's kiddie's birth around xmas, he has been better than KdB - I think it will go Salah's way.

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually I don't think KdB will win it - since Merlin's kiddie's birth around xmas, he has been better than KdB - I think it will go Salah's way.

But the voting is done in January, so...

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

But the voting is done in January, so...

de bruyne will clearly win the player's player. and he has been a joy to watch this season, fantastic footballer. but the vote in january is just daft like.

also, merlin? is that david silva? bad nickname that.

18 minutes ago, StevieH said:

de bruyne will clearly win the player's player. and he has been a joy to watch this season, fantastic footballer. but the vote in january is just daft like.

He’s the <fekin>’’ wizard! 

6 hours ago, StevieH said:

Come on Stevie keep up and make your old man proud. Even journos refer to Silva as Merlin. Can't see why it's a bad nickname for the little magician. 

7 hours ago, StevieH said:

Just a little......as nicknamed by the kids that subscribe to Shoot magazine!

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Come on Stevie keep up and make your old man proud. Even journos refer to Silva as Merlin. Can't see why it's a bad nickname for the little magician. 

no they don't.

also, merlin was tall. 

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I've never heard of a journalist or commentator ever refer to him as Merlin.  Just one guy on here.  

City fans call Silva 'Merlin' and now we're in to this! 

Jesus, this place sure brings the 14 year olds in people doesn't it.

Think maybe it's time for me to just stick to selective sensible topics on the City "forum".

The playground is all yours boys.

Archived