Russian tourist arrested over iPhone theft

snoop1130

Russian tourist arrested over iPhone theft

By The Nation

fgh.JPG

Krabi police on Wednesday arrested a Russian tourist for allegedly stealing an iPhone X from a clothes shop at Ao Nang Bay in Krabi's Muang district.

Pol Col Chavalit Phetsripia, Ao Nang police commander, said the tourist, identified only as Aleksei, 34, was arrested at his room at the Siam Lanta Resort on Koh Lanta in front of his wife and daughter.

Police said they found the stolen phone and the clothes he was seen wearing when he allegedly stole the smartphone from the shop of Netrdao Wiwatrassamee, 34.

The act at about 4pm on Sunday was reportedly recorded on a security camera in the shop. The shop owner posted the clip for information and offered a reward of Bt5,000.

Chavalit said the man had admitted the charge.

He and his family entered Thailand on April 11 via Krabi International Airport and they were scheduled to leave on April 23.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343419

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-4-18

Russian society is is thieving culture, given an opportunity they will take whatever they can as long as it’s not tied down or cemented or welded or under guard. Look at their government commencing with their president. 

On 4/18/2018 at 7:08 PM, Rc2702 said:

What an absolute <deleted>.  Ruined a family holiday they may have been saving for all year. 

Or , "Stolen for for a month".

Make him miss his flight for starters.

Scum...

16 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

I am happy to see this. Deport and ban from further visits.

A few days in prison would be a good lesson too!:smile:

I do not believe in the thief of one day or of a single time, they are socially kind of hypocritical who have no respect for the property of others do not care about the worry or sadness that their petty thefts will cause to the owner and so do not deserve the least excuse! :mad:

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, Megasin1 said:

His Family were in on it, so I don't suppose he ruined their holiday, it was probably more the purpose of the family holiday....get a few souvenirs !!!

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, Nice Boyd said:

They were in on it, don’t be daft 

Where was that stated?  It certainly wasn't in this OP or in the original report a few days ago and if it was true why wasn't the woman arrested also?

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:55 AM, Just Weird said:

Where was that stated?  It certainly wasn't in this OP or in the original report a few days ago and if it was true why wasn't the woman arrested also?

I'm sure in the original report that it said they were at the front of the shop with the staff when he lifted the phone, which sounded to me like the classic set up. Engage, distract, thieve.

On 4/19/2018 at 12:53 PM, Different said:

Most Russians if not all of them are illiterate rude white trash.

Absolute Rot. Stay in any Backpak 1000 bht a night Dumps in Pats and the Chang vest Tattoo Trash Level is the Same, stay at the top hotels where the Russians are as nice as any Euro peeps.

7 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

I'm sure in the original report that it said they were at the front of the shop with the staff when he lifted the phone, which sounded to me like the classic set up. Engage, distract, thieve.

As there was no video to confirm your conspiracy theory it sounds to me like the classic set up whereby they were just shopping as they weren't arrested!

On 4/26/2018 at 8:25 PM, Klaus77 said:

Somebody steal my mobile in khlong muang beach on 13 April.. I went to swim 2 min and when I come back somebody steal my mobile Samsung s7edge ??

Too Long seim Stop taking these long 2 minute swims !

Archived