66 foreigners arrested in nationwide crackdown

webfact

66 foreigners arrested in nationwide crackdown

By The Nation

19-_180419_0023-1024x682.jpg

Tourist police arrested 66 foreigners during crackdowns around the country on Wednesday night.

Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal, deputy tourist police chief, held a press conference at 1.30am on Soi Cowboy off Sukhumvit Road, to announce the results of the operation.

19-_180419_0014-1024x682.jpg

He said 11 foreigners were arrested for overstaying their visas and 51 others for unlawfully entering the Kingdom while four others were arrested on other charges.

19-_180419_0054-1024x682.jpg

He said the operation searched 126 spots nationwide.

Surachet said tourist police have joined forces with other police to conduct a search of 3,126 spots nationwide in 23 operations so far and arrested 868 foreigners for violating Thai law.

Surachet said the arrested foreigners were blacklisted and deported.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343459

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-19

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thailand got so strictly normal these days. 

At the end of the day, it is the blackmarket that has driven the Thai economy since always. It is a multi trillion dollar industry. Time will tell if thai economy can flourish without it. I'm not optimistic that it can. 

I promise you this is not all what it seems. Yes sometimes they are putting some bad guys away and deporting them. But I know first hand that this is a way for the Thais to kidnap and extort money from people in many cases. They did it to me last month.

I did not have an overstay and I was at immigration with a BOI work permit and was on time for my visa extension for a court case I was found not guilty of.

After offering me a 7 day extension the supervisor intervened and cancelled my visa called Lumpini to come and take me away. I thought it was just to sign some paperwork but they threw me in IDC at Suan Plu.

What I saw there was amazing and disgusting. If you treated dogs like that you would be thrown in jail for animal cruelty. You can find lots more info on this from a search of IDC Thailand.

There are children and families in there which is against international law. As Thailand joined the UNHRC last year they are supposed to be transparent but no one sees inside this horrible place.

As for me they threatened to blacklist me for 5 years. They locked me up for 5 days and then let me out as soon as I payed for my plane ticket out, which must be done at the travel agent at Suan Plu immigration. A 1 way ticket to Vancouver ran me 63,500 baht (I paid less then 19,000 to return).

I had no blacklist, there was no problem with me returning. This is just an incredibly nasty scam they are running.

I met many people that had 2 days overstay and were either at immigration or the airport voluntarily but were arrested anyway. Many were there between 30 days to 4 months as they could not arrange plane tickets out.

No words can describe what a horror show this place is with severe overcrowding etc etc etc. Many people I met have been there for several years and 1 guy for 10 years.

The world needs to know about this place.

You missed it in his story, he was extended a 7 day extension due to a court case! So there was no reason for extra extension, as he states he was found not guilty.So no need for him to stay. Bye bye! But, he probably upset them. and not a real Canadian maybe , writes like an Indian?

Park twenty 50-seater buses along Sukhumvit Soi 3 and sweep from Soi 3 to Soi11. The buses would be full to capacity in about ten minutes. But then there would be nobody to cook, wash dishes, clean hotel rooms, forge passports, sell dope, sell watches and on and on. There are massive numbers of people in Thailand illegally . Somebody, somewhere is making a lot of money simply to look the other way.

The illegal entry is a sham, immigration takes money to turn their heads. Then tourist police round them up and take money from them before deporting them. Then the cycle starts again the next day. If you ever been on a bus to Aranyaphratet from Bangkok you know what I'm talking about. 

52 minutes ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

I promise you this is not all what it seems. Yes sometimes they are putting some bad guys away and deporting them. But I know first hand that this is a way for the Thais to kidnap and extort money from people in many cases. They did it to me last month.

I did not have an overstay and I was at immigration with a BOI work permit and was on time for my visa extension for a court case I was found not guilty of.

After offering me a 7 day extension the supervisor intervened and cancelled my visa called Lumpini to come and take me away. I thought it was just to sign some paperwork but they threw me in IDC at Suan Plu.

What I saw there was amazing and disgusting. If you treated dogs like that you would be thrown in jail for animal cruelty. You can find lots more info on this from a search of IDC Thailand.

There are children and families in there which is against international law. As Thailand joined the UNHRC last year they are supposed to be transparent but no one sees inside this horrible place.

As for me they threatened to blacklist me for 5 years. They locked me up for 5 days and then let me out as soon as I payed for my plane ticket out, which must be done at the travel agent at Suan Plu immigration. A 1 way ticket to Vancouver ran me 63,500 baht (I paid less then 19,000 to return).

I had no blacklist, there was no problem with me returning. This is just an incredibly nasty scam they are running.

I met many people that had 2 days overstay and were either at immigration or the airport voluntarily but were arrested anyway. Many were there between 30 days to 4 months as they could not arrange plane tickets out.

No words can describe what a horror show this place is with severe overcrowding etc etc etc. Many people I met have been there for several years and 1 guy for 10 years.

And you came back???

allseeing eye, sorry mate but your story doesn't add up and i think you may have omitted a few very important details.

"The world needs to know about this place"

Most people know how shit jails and IDC are in thailand so do their best to avoid the places, some learn the hard way, as you seem to have

58 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

You missed it in his story, he was extended a 7 day extension due to a court case! So there was no reason for extra extension, as he states he was found not guilty.So no need for him to stay. Bye bye! But, he probably upset them. and not a real Canadian maybe , writes like an Indian?

What is a "real Canadian", do you think I am am from India, or Canada, can you tell by the way I write or by my name here, which is it?

4 hours ago, greenchair said:

At the end of the day, it is the blackmarket that has driven the Thai economy since always. It is a multi trillion dollar industry. Time will tell if thai economy can flourish without it. I'm not optimistic that it can.

I cannot agree with the maths in this post.

It is a multi trillion dollar industry. That's a lot of dosh.

1 hour ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

I was in there for 3 weeks in '97 I think it was. So many things I could say but won't... I guess the worst thing was the prison guard that called out detainees' names that were due to be released. My nickname became "England" and every other day he would yell out "England!" so I picked up my shoes ( with hidden boiled eggs in) then make my way to the cell door....Then he'd say "England's Prime Minister is Tony Blair" or "England's captain is David Beckham" before bursting into laughter and making me walk back to my 3 allocated floor tiles... A truly <deleted> awful place ...

1 hour ago, saakura said:

Hello Allseeingeye, unable to understand what were you caught & deported for? If you had a valid visa and did no crime, how could they just put you into IDC and deport you? Something seems to be missing in your story.

Would agree- I know a lot of expats here( at least 150) don’t know anyone who has been in a court . 

There is always more to the stories one reads . 

1 hour ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

51 arrested for illegally entering Thailand? They need to solve the illegal entry issue. Seems border security would be top priority. Must be unprofitable to find those leaks... 

Best call for Donnie Dotard aka the best wall builder in the world to come here after he has finished the Mexico Government paid wall that he has started building near San Diago....opps that's only a repair job....but u get my point....he builds big beautiful walls

1 hour ago, phetpeter said:

As a Canadian (by birth) -- I find that comment quite offensive.  I take pride in Canada being an open and diverse country, and I don't find it appropriate to distinguish between naturalized or native citizen.  

4 hours ago, greenchair said:

'Multi trillion dollar market'

To paraphrase vic reeves

90% of stats are made up on the spot 

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I cannot agree with the maths in this post.

It is a multi trillion dollar industry. That's a lot of dosh.

Why do u think the Thai Baht is so strong....its because of the hgh overseas reserves that Thailand holds....one of the highest in the world....don't think they got those reserves from black market activities....being Number 1 or 2 exporter in the world of rice , rubber , sugar, sugar tapioca  plus hell of a lot of other stuff....

13 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

As a Canadian (by birth) -- I find that comment quite offensive.  I take pride in Canada being an open and diverse country, and I don't find it appropriate to distinguish between naturalized or native citizen.  

And that honours you Sir!

I thought , or understood probably incorrectly I guess , 

that the rules were , inprisoned until somebody pays for your flight home for example , unless you can finance this yourself but I would imagine that’s the reason they are still here because they can’t . 

So imo , hardly any actually get deported .. so the prisons are even more crowded ? I doubt that too ... I know of an individual , remain nameless 

who had overstayed by 2years , caught under different circumstances 

( at hospital ) . Locked up 3 days , ( I was happy because , glad to see ) . 

Only to find out that he was out and about the week after .. ? 

those arent foreig

1 hour ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

51 arrested for illegally entering Thailand? They need to solve the illegal entry issue. Seems border security would be top priority. Must be unprofitable to find those leaks... 

exactly, this really is a reflection on the poor job immigration police do at the entry points. but well done, Im sure they will get quite a lot for those phones they have stolen. party tonight

Archived