Jump to content

66 foreigners arrested in nationwide crackdown


webfact

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

allseeing eye, sorry mate but your story doesn't add up and i think you may have omitted a few very important details.

"The world needs to know about this place"

Most people know how shit jails and IDC are in thailand so do their best to avoid the places, some learn the hard way, as you seem to have

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

You missed it in his story, he was extended a 7 day extension due to a court case! So there was no reason for extra extension, as he states he was found not guilty.So no need for him to stay. Bye bye! But, he probably upset them. and not a real Canadian maybe , writes like an Indian?

What is a "real Canadian", do you think I am am from India, or Canada, can you tell by the way I write or by my name here, which is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, greenchair said:

Thailand got so strictly normal these days. 
At the end of the day, it is the blackmarket that has driven the Thai economy since always. It is a multi trillion dollar industry. Time will tell if thai economy can flourish without it. I'm not optimistic that it can.

I cannot agree with the maths in this post.

 

It is a multi trillion dollar industry. That's a lot of dosh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

No words can describe what a horror show this place is with severe overcrowding etc etc etc. Many people I met have been there for several years and 1 guy for 10 years.

 

The world needs to know about this place.

I was in there for 3 weeks in '97 I think it was. So many things I could say but won't... I guess the worst thing was the prison guard that called out detainees' names that were due to be released. My nickname became "England" and every other day he would yell out "England!" so I picked up my shoes ( with hidden boiled eggs in) then make my way to the cell door....Then he'd say "England's Prime Minister is Tony Blair" or "England's captain is David Beckham" before bursting into laughter and making me walk back to my 3 allocated floor tiles... A truly <deleted> awful place ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saakura said:

Hello Allseeingeye, unable to understand what were you caught & deported for? If you had a valid visa and did no crime, how could they just put you into IDC and deport you? Something seems to be missing in your story.

 

Would agree- I know a lot of expats here( at least 150) don’t know anyone who has been in a court . 

There is always more to the stories one reads . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

51 arrested for illegally entering Thailand? They need to solve the illegal entry issue. Seems border security would be top priority. Must be unprofitable to find those leaks... 

Best call for Donnie Dotard aka the best wall builder in the world to come here after he has finished the Mexico Government paid wall that he has started building near San Diago....opps that's only a repair job....but u get my point....he builds big beautiful walls

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phetpeter said:

You missed it in his story, he was extended a 7 day extension due to a court case! So there was no reason for extra extension, as he states he was found not guilty.So no need for him to stay. Bye bye! But, he probably upset them. and not a real Canadian maybe , writes like an Indian?

As a Canadian (by birth) -- I find that comment quite offensive.  I take pride in Canada being an open and diverse country, and I don't find it appropriate to distinguish between naturalized or native citizen.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, greenchair said:

Thailand got so strictly normal these days. 

At the end of the day, it is the blackmarket that has driven the Thai economy since always. It is a multi trillion dollar industry. Time will tell if thai economy can flourish without it. I'm not optimistic that it can. 

'Multi trillion dollar market'

To paraphrase vic reeves

90% of stats are made up on the spot 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I cannot agree with the maths in this post.

 

It is a multi trillion dollar industry. That's a lot of dosh.

Why do u think the Thai Baht is so strong....its because of the hgh overseas reserves that Thailand holds....one of the highest in the world....don't think they got those reserves from black market activities....being Number 1 or 2 exporter in the world of rice , rubber , sugar, sugar tapioca  plus hell of a lot of other stuff....

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

As a Canadian (by birth) -- I find that comment quite offensive.  I take pride in Canada being an open and diverse country, and I don't find it appropriate to distinguish between naturalized or native citizen.  

And that honours you Sir!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I thought , or understood probably incorrectly I guess , 

that the rules were , inprisoned until somebody pays for your flight home for example , unless you can finance this yourself but I would imagine that’s the reason they are still here because they can’t . 

So imo , hardly any actually get deported .. so the prisons are even more crowded ? I doubt that too ... I know of an individual , remain nameless 

who had overstayed by 2years , caught under different circumstances 

( at hospital ) . Locked up 3 days , ( I was happy because , glad to see ) . 

Only to find out that he was out and about the week after .. ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

those arent foreig

1 hour ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

51 arrested for illegally entering Thailand? They need to solve the illegal entry issue. Seems border security would be top priority. Must be unprofitable to find those leaks... 

exactly, this really is a reflection on the poor job immigration police do at the entry points. but well done, Im sure they will get quite a lot for those phones they have stolen. party tonight

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...