A beach in Hua Hin is closed following shark attack

webfact

A beach in Hua Hin is closed following shark attack

By Thai PBS

beach.jpg

Hat Sai Noi beach in Hua Hin where a Norwegian tourist was attacked by a bull shark was temporarily closed and swimmers were forbidden to swim there as a precautionary measure to prevent possible recurrence of shark attacks.

Prachuap Khiri Khan governor Pallop Sinhaseni who imposed the beach closure and swimming ban in the area said Wednesday (April 18) that the sea at Hat Sai Noi beach, Ban Khao Tao, would be the first beach in Hua Hin to be cordoned off with a safety net to prevent sharks from swimming into the shallow water close to the beach and attacking swimmers.

He added that buoys would also be erected in the area.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/beach-hua-hin-closed-following-shark-attack/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-19

This is absolutely ridiculous nonsense. If there are sharks around Hua Hin, they are little four footers, and this little one took a tiny nibble on the foot, of this fear mongering man. More than likely, he scratches his foot on a fish hook. This is pure silliness. Focus on traffic safety, human trafficking, slavery, or some other relevant area, to increase public safety.

And the worst thing I am still not 100% convinced it was a shark bitel, but the officials says now due to Norwegian papers, they have aggreed it was a shark attack. 3 bites by the shark, and 19 stitches only. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Well, still important for tourists life and wellbeing, and what is done compere to this single episode? Seriously!

There is a shark in the sea which wants to eat people , so they have stopped people from going into the sea .

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

And how many dog bites, monkey bites is there a year in Hua Hin?

3-4 shark bites in 438 years in Thailand total :D 

It should be a personal choice whether you wish to be bitten by them pesky tiny four foot sharks ........... Personally, I've been bitten by dogs twice in different areas of Thailand, a camera whipped off me by a Monkey in Hua Hin, and the worst attacks by the human element ....... so as they

say' Up To You ...........

If the guy was bitten by a shark and the police and doctor were lying to save

Thailands great reputation, shame on them. I do ot get some of the commenters.

Did you not see some of the follow up pictures, those were not coral injuries, or

rock injuries.

Geezer

Archived