Brunei woman drowns in Ao Nang, Krabi

webfact

Brunei woman drowns in Ao Nang, Krabi

They brought her onshore at the Nam Mao Bay Pier and applied more CPR during the journey.

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

1192549.jpg

A 60 year old Brunei woman, PG HJH Jamilah PG HJ Othman, drowned at Gai Island in the Had Nopparat Thara National Park – Mu Ko Phi Phi. Apparently she lost consciousness whilst wearing a life vest swimming in the water yesterday (April 18).

Her husband went to Krabi Hospital to pick up her body today (April 19) for the funeral.

She was traveling with a long-tail boat and the tour guide said that she fainted while swimming in the sea with her life vest on. The national park officers in the area applied CPR but she had been under water for too long.

Full story:  https://thethaiger.com/news/brunei-woman-drowns-in-ao-nang-krabi

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-04-19

I am sad for this woman and her family however I wanted to use this opportunity to speak about something that happened recently that could possibly save someone else's life.

A few weeks ago circumstances forced me to send my step daughter to Bali for 3 days.  I was in contact with her every day.  Before she left I asked her if she could swim and she said no.  On the second day she sent me a photo of herself on a surf board saying that the local guide was giving her surfing lessons.  I am neither attaching blame to her nor him but both should have had more sense.  Many of these accidents can be avoided.

The Brunei woman who drowned in Krabi is from Brunei’s Royal Family

There was also a Muslim funeral ceremony at Ban Klong Hin Mosque in Krabi.

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

810498.jpg

The 60 year old woman from Brunei, PG HJH Jamilah PG HJ Othman, who drowned near Gai Island in Krabi (story HERE) is a member of Brunei’s Royal Family.

His Excellency Haji Ismail bin Haji Abdul Manap came to Phuket yesterday (April 19) afternoon to repatriate her body to the home land.

There was also a Muslim funeral ceremony at Ban Klong Hin Mosque in Krabi.

Full story:  https://thethaiger.com/news/the-brunei-woman-who-drowned-in-krabi-is-from-bruneis-royal-family

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-04-20

22 minutes ago, aussie11950 said:

Was the life vest not fitted properly?

Why did no one notice her unconscious and under water?

Some poorly designed life vests will float a body face down not on it's back as a properly designed one will

Archived