Villagers Caught in the Act of Grilling a Dog in Lampang

snoop1130

Dogs are eaten all the time up here in the sticks. Boo hoo 

These guys should be given a bounty and encouraged to get back out there and get some more.

There are millions of diseased mangy strays polluting the ecosystem here. A non-native invasive species,

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Important question... Did the dog have the rabies shots before it went on the BBQ ???? we do not want to risk rabies zombies on the street... or is that the one called buffaloes....

Wait... wait... maybe I go confused and was thinking of "The walking dead"

8 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Dogs are eaten all the time up here in the sticks. Boo hoo 

These guys should be given a bounty and encouraged to get back out there and get some more.

There are millions of diseased mangy strays polluting the ecosystem here. A non-native invasive species,

Couldn't agree more.im fed up with these lovies of all things fury.mans best friend my ar5e.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:13 AM, canthai55 said:

So what ? Meat is meat. Ate quite a few Bambis

During my son's military funeral proceedings, the huge Marine casualty officer in charge was at our house.  Lots of people, lots of food.  He said he had to be careful of what he ate due to his weight.  A Thai lady offered him some lean dried jerky.  Said it was "Bambi" jerky, no fat. 555. 

Dog meat is very popular in Sakon Nakhon and barges take hundreds  of dogs across the Mekong to Laos where they are trucked across into Hanoi. Vietnamese and Koreans love dog meat.I dont know why the Thais dont just cull the soi dogs  freeze the meat and ship it over to them.   Good business!

18 hours ago, Justfine said:

No pigs. Sheep, cattle, horses and chickens.

Regular farm. Animals had better lives than many humans.

Fresh milk, eggs and fresh lamb is unbeatable.

Define “regular farm” first. I’ve worked on a cattle farm too, producing milk and meat. Sure, these cows aren’t treated too badly, but still, these animals are born to be exploited until the day they’re brought to the slaughterhouse, it’s as simple as that. And they get as much (or as little) “good treatment “ as they have to get per the law, anything more would be money thrown out of the window. If you’ve actually worked on a real farm (one that needed to make money to exist, not a hobbyist’s farm) , you wouldn’t brag about how great a treatment they get...

21 hours ago, Justfine said:

"Please look at how 99 percent of pigs are farmed in the UK now"

Well it is the UK. Most things are crap.

It is even WORSE in many of the European countries that we import meat from.  And America has the same systems for factory farming as the UK.  

On 4/20/2018 at 5:58 PM, Media1 said:

lol you wouldn't know what to do. Your arms would not save you. And l don't need arms. Arms were in Iraq and Afghanistan 

Poor sentence structure your weapon of choice to bludgeon me with ?

On 20/04/2018 at 9:26 AM, quandow said:

Quite honestly, if we all went vegetarian, the world would be a better place. But you already knew that, didn't you?

What would you have the farmers do with their animals?  Let them breed until they ate all available food then starve?  Force farmers to keep feeding them?  Have them put down?  Has any veggo ever thought this through?  In my experience veggos seem to lack something that allows problem solving thought processes.

On 19/04/2018 at 9:13 PM, canthai55 said:

So what ? Meat is meat. Ate quite a few Bambis

I like blind venison, it has so many different tastes!  As in I would ask my (ex) wife "What's for dinner?"  Her reply was almost always "No idea".  So come dinner time it could taste like beef, chicken, pork, etc.

In case you're a bit slow (or veggo) 

No idea = no eye deer.

1 minute ago, AboutThaim said:

I like blind venison, it has so many different tastes!  As in I would ask my (ex) wife "What's for dinner?"  Her reply was almost always "No idea".  So come dinner time it could taste like beef, chicken, pork, etc.

In case you're a bit slow (or veggo) 

No idea = no eye deer.

Explaining a joke loses the impact

18 hours ago, Sapporillo said:

Define “regular farm” first. I’ve worked on a cattle farm too, producing milk and meat. Sure, these cows aren’t treated too badly, but still, these animals are born to be exploited until the day they’re brought to the slaughterhouse, it’s as simple as that. And they get as much (or as little) “good treatment “ as they have to get per the law, anything more would be money thrown out of the window. If you’ve actually worked on a real farm (one that needed to make money to exist, not a hobbyist’s farm) , you wouldn’t brag about how great a treatment they get...

Define "good treatment".  I was raised on a farm with cows, pigs and poultry.  Mostly they were left to do their own thing.  When the cows were milked they were given extra food.  I suppose we could have put them to bed at night, read them a story, tucked them in.  Pigs have to be kept in an enclosure but they do escape hence the problem of numerous wild pigs that carry disease and eat crops.

37 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Explaining a joke loses the impact

Yeah, I know, but there are so many that read posts that just don't get humour, sarcasm, irony that I thought it best to explain up front.  Sorry to all those who got the joke and I spoiled it for them.

On 4/22/2018 at 9:10 AM, AboutThaim said:

Define "good treatment".  I was raised on a farm with cows, pigs and poultry.  Mostly they were left to do their own thing.  When the cows were milked they were given extra food.  I suppose we could have put them to bed at night, read them a story, tucked them in.  Pigs have to be kept in an enclosure but they do escape hence the problem of numerous wild pigs that carry disease and eat crops.

For instance, you do know that milk producing cows get separated from their newly born veal at the same time when the umbilical cord gets cut? The mother is not even allowed to lick it a couple of times before it gets carried away (but she gets special food, as you rightly mentioned. I’m sure she’s extremely thankful for that and wouldn’t wanna have it any other way). 

I’m guessing the cows on your farm didn’t mind giving away their baby veals in exchange for some extra food and a good night’s story... ;)

15 hours ago, Sapporillo said:

For instance, you do know that milk producing cows get separated from their newly born veal at the same time when the umbilical cord gets cut? The mother is not even allowed to lick it a couple of times before it gets carried away (but she gets special food, as you rightly mentioned. I’m sure she’s extremely thankful for that and wouldn’t wanna have it any other way). 

I’m guessing the cows on your farm didn’t mind giving away their baby veals in exchange for some extra food and a good night’s story... ;)

From memory it was left up to the mother, as normally happens in nature, for the mother to chew through the umbilical cord and consume the placenta to enrich her milk with colostrum for the newborn.  We probably only took the milk the calves couldn't drink until they were sold off as vealers after a few months.  We were not a milk only farm, potatoes were the main cash crop.  As far as the bedtime stories went I'm sure the cows thought most of them were a load of bull. 555

13 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

From memory it was left up to the mother, as normally happens in nature, for the mother to chew through the umbilical cord and consume the placenta to enrich her milk with colostrum for the newborn.  We probably only took the milk the calves couldn't drink until they were sold off as vealers after a few months.  We were not a milk only farm, potatoes were the main cash crop.  As far as the bedtime stories went I'm sure the cows thought most of them were a load of bull. 555

If that is true, the cows on your farm were very well treated indeed, I commend you (or your parents) for that. But you should know that most farm animals (I’d say about 99%) can only dream about such conditions (or maybe get told about them in said bedtime stories)

Archived