Video: Woman pick-up driver runs over motorcyclist but says she didn't flee the scene!

snoop1130

Video: Woman pick-up driver runs over motorcyclist but says she didn't flee the scene!

8974654.jpg

CCTV at a U-Turn showed a pick-up collide with a woman on a motorcycle and drag her along the road before seemingly fleeing the scene of the accident.

TNews presenters on TV were some of the first to suggest that police must hunt down the driver of the pick-up without delay. They expressed amazement that the driver didn't see the motorcyclist then drove off after running her down. 

But the driver of the pick-up did not need to be hunted at all.

She was found to have stopped just meters down the road just out of view of the CCTV. Her name was Kaysorn Pensawat, 39, and she got out of her vehicle and went to see what she had done.

Fortunately the female motorcyclist was only slightly hurt. There were many Good Samaritans already on the scene - including a dog that came to help.

The police have charged Kaysorn with negligent and reckless driving causing injury and damage to property. 

TNews reported in online media later that Kaysorn was a Thai tourist from out of town. 

Their headline suggested in reference to people who claimed that she fled the scene that there is always two sides to every story.

Source: http://www.tnews.co.th/contents/bg/442465

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-4-19

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unbelievable... 

That leaves me speechless :)

Not only did she run the woman over but she also pulled out across the 1st 2 lanes with no thought for any other traffic !! She needs her licence pulled and a course of at least 20hrs driving lessons.... 

Mate, she needs flogging at the post!

How? I mean, How can you not see a motorbike in the middle of your path?

It's not like it came in from an obscure angle. It was sat there the whole time, in clear view of all but the totally blind.

Maybe her guide dog was at the wheel?

Might even have been him who came running to the scene, to see if he should leave town quickly. :smile:

6 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

From police station to the opticians me thinks. I wonder what help the dog actually provided?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I seriously think the dog must have been driving, because I can't believe a human could be so utterly crap at it.

He certainly looks a bit worried when he comes back. Almost like "Oh Shit! What have I done?"

Did not flee the scene though! :smile:

22 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Actually the moto victim was very lucky the pickup ran up on top of the bike allowing the engine/tranny to clear the rider and then miss the back wheels. Whole bunch of ways to end up dead there.

Personally, if someone had run over the top of me, when I was in plain sight, and had dragged me down the road and buggered up my wheels, I would not be considering myself luckiest person of the day!

Would not be buying lottery tickets based on this sort of luck.

Lucky to be alive, but that is about where the lucky streak ended.

<deleted>!

Good to learn the motorcyclist was not too badly injured, but honestly...

Not safe for Thai,s but safe for farang!!! 

I hope the Police did serve the correct punishment to that mindless idiot pickup driver.

She should be banned. Period!

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unbelievable... 

Not only did she run the woman over but she also pulled out across the 1st 2 lanes with no thought for any other traffic !! She needs her licence pulled and a course of at least 20hrs driving lessons.... 

That's worthy of a Lifetime ban

"Including a  dog  that came to help"   corrected, unleashed dog has potential to cause second accident as cars swerve to avoid it  is much more likely  Interesting to see the  the childlike mind of the reporter.

8 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I am not sure that brakes are considered necessary, when you are running over peasants!

Or is that Pheasants? Bloody English language. Too many similar words! :cheesy:

Isn't that considered 'road-kill'? I thought that meant you can get to take it home.

Perhaps she could become a mae bahn.

She actually performed the turn better than most, she would have been looking to her left checking the vehicle approaching in the middle lane and turned, unfortunately without looking, assuming that the bike would already have moved as the road was clear. She was trying to make the turn tightly into the outside lane but the motorcyclist was waiting to cross all three lanes as didn’t have the confidence to turn and merge safely across to the other side of the road.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I can see how this could happen. Truck driver looking to her left for approaching traffic fails to re-notice (assuming she noticed it in the first place) the bike who has cut across slightly (and slowly) heading for the left side of the road. 

Then she hit the bike (makes a lot of noise) and then continued to drive over it (makes even more noise) without seeming to actually slow down.

Panic on the part of the truck driver? At least she did stop (eventually).

EDIT I see @gmac reached a similar conclusion.

Distraction!

So what was the reason she failed to see the motorcycle as it was right on her bonnet and failing to stop immediately!

She appeared to be moving forward while either looking in another direction or not looking at all!

11 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unbelievable... 

properly never had a licence to start with. Thais and driving are clueless.

10 hours ago, poanoi said:

woman these days are commonly busy with watching their phone

Rather than reporting motorcycle taxis using a sidewalk. I want to get paid for reporting something really dangerous as well as epidemic.  Maybe it's time for the people to police themselves if the police can't or refuse to protect the people's right to drive on safe roads.

Selection_094.png

Selection_087.png

Archived