British tourist dies of heart attack while watching girls at Soi Cowboy bar

snoop1130

Who picked up his bar tab? A police baton toy? How long did it take for medics to arrive to perform CPR?  Was CPR started before their arrival?

i wonder if they continued music/dancing and moved him outside for some fresh air?  Ok polluted air? Would be interested to know if atmosphere changed or the show must go on feeling?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, orang37 said:

"there's some corner of a foreign field ... That is for ever England."

wonder why that comes to mind.

R.I.P.

~o:37;

"wonder why that comes to mind." - the first thing to fill that vast empty space probably.

Each to his own

I prefer to spend my retired time with the family

the days of the Soi Cowboy  ect have long passed enjoyed when I was in my 30 s 

The  British Tabloids the Sun and others will love story's like  this anything negative to do with Thailand 

As already mentioned RIP  not the way I would like to go 

58 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Who picked up his bar tab? A police baton toy? How long did it take for medics to arrive to perform CPR?  Was CPR started before their arrival?

i wonder if they continued music/dancing and moved him outside for some fresh air?  Ok polluted air? Would be interested to know if atmosphere changed or the show must go on feeling?

The second paragraph raises a very relevant question which no-one else has. I wonder if there will be a fear of his ghost there now. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the dancers moved elsewhere.

21 hours ago, balo said:

RIP , but not the way I want to go. 

First of all I want to live healthy to avoid an early exit.  Then I could exit during sex I suppose, but if I end up in the news that might not be a good idea.  Maybe better to find a remote island paradise and have some fun with the locals. 

Dad always said he wanted to exit being shoot by a jealous husband, crawling out the bedroom window. Alas, died of a heart attack in his sleep.

8 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I wonder how long it took the medics to arrive and if anyone else tried to keep him alive in the interim.

These days, if you keel over in a public place, it's not unreasonable to expect some around you to try to keep the heart muscle working until professional help arrives.

Perhaps that's asking too much in a country of gawkers, Facebook posters and purveyors of hilarious one-liners on internet forums. 

According to a report on stickboy website, the customers and staff were ushered outside when the deceased collapsed, from what appears to be a heart attack. It seems CPR was only performed when the medical team arrived. 

In this day and age, many people (especially foreigners) are trained in CPR; why wait for medics to arrive?

RIP

Why do the British love going to gogo bars which more often than not are staffed by ladyboys in bikinis holding a dildo in their hand?
You're about 30 years too late if you're after pretty girls in  the notorious 'katoey' hovels like Cowboy,Nana and Patpong.
I think the poor Brit who died really didnt know what was going on:passifier:
There's only one ladyboy bar on Cowboy, so unless it happened in Cockatoo, you're way off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 8:54 AM, elgenon said:

Sad he died so early but better than being hooked to a bunch of tubes for 10 years.

I have said that to my mates over here elgenon , at 71 who knows how much longer there is but after all the best of times in LoS  I too would rather just keel over then have folk visiting me in hospital attached to tubes ......even for just 2 weeks never mind 10 years eh.

On 20/04/2018 at 2:45 PM, balo said:

RIP , but not the way I want to go. 

First of all I want to live healthy to avoid an early exit.  Then I could exit during sex I suppose, but if I end up in the news that might not be a good idea.  Maybe better to find a remote island paradise and have some fun with the locals. 

Exit during sex

What a nice idea for your partner...

What would you think if a partner what exiting during sex? Fancy to make love with a dead? Explore a New experience. Oh my Budha... selfish bi..h...

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Word on the street is that he (drunkenly) tripped over and smashed his head on the floor; no heart attack.  

And another post here says that the place was cleared inside before the medics came. Who knows unless they were there. Everyone has a different story it seems.

Archived