Civil Court expected to hand down judgement on Hollywood film “The Beach” in July

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Media1 said:

We can safely say 21 CENTURY FOX the biggest movie company in the world. Will have no further business in Thailand. Perhaps the ease of doing business was all to much lol. Thais once again committing suicide

From what I understood movies set up their own production company. Check the end credits. Probably closed down a while ago.

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

So sorry!

I am the poster you took a bite out of when I claimed it took "20 years to get to this point in the Thai judicial system". Whereas you argued that the court only accepted it in 2012 so it was only about 7 years. With that you are quite correct.

But just for the record and your information civil action by the The Provincial Administration Organization of Krabi province, the Tambon (Sub-district) Administration Organization of Krabi’s Ao Nang and 17 local residents was scheduled to be heard by the Civil Court on 26/3/1999. At that time they were seeking 100 million (US$2.8 m) for any damage that may have been caused to Maya Beach. That hearing was then delayed until 1/6/1999 and further delayed up until 2012.

So effectively it took 13 long legal years of delays by the court before they eventually accepted it in 2012. So my original comments still stand.

Apologies are graciously accepted if you are still in the mood.

5 hours ago, kannot said:

haha "I" claimed nothing of the sort, you confuse me with another poster...........but its  ok, Im a forgiving sort, a  swift couple of bricks to the crackers will settle  this ....................eeeeeeeeek that made me wince:shock1:

I must confess I am the poster who made the original claim which seems to have confused Just Weird. I have since posted additional information which I hope will clarify the content of my original post for him.

20 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

I must confess I am the poster who made the original claim which seems to have confused Just Weird. I have since posted additional information which I hope will clarify the content of my original post for him.

Don't loose sleep about it

20 hours ago, Cadbury said:

I am the poster you took a bite out of when I claimed it took "20 years to get to this point in the Thai judicial system". Whereas you argued that the court only accepted it in 2012 so it was only about 7 years. With that you are quite correct.

But just for the record and your information civil action by the The Provincial Administration Organization of Krabi province, the Tambon (Sub-district) Administration Organization of Krabi’s Ao Nang and 17 local residents was scheduled to be heard by the Civil Court on 26/3/1999. At that time they were seeking 100 million (US$2.8 m) for any damage that may have been caused to Maya Beach. That hearing was then delayed until 1/6/1999 and further delayed up until 2012.

So effectively it took 13 long legal years of delays by the court before they eventually accepted it in 2012. So my original comments still stand.

If you really want to go into this forensically to back up your denigration of the system you are short of some very important details about the delays such as who was responsible for them and why?  Perhaps there were very good reasons for the case not to be accepted until 2012.

So, no apologies, regardless of your graciousness.

20 hours ago, Cadbury said:

They won't get 1 baht lol. All legal docs on file. Stupid people cave man thinking

On 4/21/2018 at 2:28 PM, Ulic said:

Too funny. They have made billions from tourists because "The Beach" made Maya Bay

a must stop check off the list place to experience when to vacation in Thailand and you take

the producers to court. They invest nothing back into protecting the environment there and

try to squeeze 30 million baht from the film's producers so corrupt officials can further feed

from the trough. I am flabbergasted, even when I know this is what I should expect here.

Well..come now,,'tis Thailand  after all.

14 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

If you really want to go into this forensically to back up your denigration of the system you are short of some very important details about the delays such as who was responsible for them and why?  Perhaps there were very good reasons for the case not to be accepted until 2012.

There is no case lol. Thais agreed signed of. l produced a gangland movie true storey. A  reef on the location is the location owners problem period..These.Thais are delusional people..This case the ending will be suppressed lol.

What a country. l would not invest 5 cents.

43 minutes ago, Media1 said:

There is no case lol. Thais agreed signed of. l produced a gangland movie true storey. A  reef on the location is the location owners problem period..These.Thais are delusional people..This case the ending will be suppressed lol.

I'm sure you know what you are talking about, despite that post!

1 hour ago, Media1 said:

Bang on. 5 cents is 5 cents wasted. 

The psychoses continues as we see in the sequel to 'The Beach-'The Garbage Pile'

Selling cheap sex must do something to their collective heads.

47 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The delays and who was responsible is all by the way when it comes to the Thai justice system. The buck stops with the beaks on the bench. They can hurry things along or create delays; dependent on their preferred outcomes or the size of the envelope/s.

You still seem to be in denial about the point I made about it has taken 20 years of legal slog to get to where it is at now. From "go" in early 1999 to possibly "whoa" in July 2018. 

The Thai justice system seems to always crawled along at a snails pace and presumably will continue to do so. Except of course when the junta wants the Shins prosecuted; then it is full speed ahead while they instruct the  "justice" system of what charges they are expected to find them guilty of. 

Archived