Multi O HCMC

Today picked up 1 year Non O multi entry in HCMC.

Yesterday submitted.

Copy of front pages passport plus copy of Vietnam 'in' stamp page.

Copy of house book signed by my wife. Showed original.

Copy of her ID signed. both sides on one A4. Showed original.

Asked for and supplied a hand written letter by my wife requesting Visa for me to stay with her in Thailand.

Copy of mar' cert, and asked to show original.

Copy of my bank book showing 400,000.  Front page and the two pages used. Strangely not asked to show original!!

Obviously my passport and 200 dollars.

Visa issued today has noted underneath in Thai  -holder is married to xxxxxxxxxxxx' ???!!!

On 4/20/2018 at 7:09 PM, overherebc said:

Copy of my bank book showing 400,000.  Front page and the two pages used. Strangely not asked to show original!!

Unless something changed, HCMC does not require financials for Non-O based on Marriage to a Thai; most do not.  Penang, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore are the odd ones in the area that do want to see financials.

Also, "originals" of ID and Housebook are not usually required - just signed copies.  Did they ask to see those originals?  

Marriage Cert they usually do want to see the original - or if you don't have that, an original of the other Kor Ror you can get certified versions of from any amphur.

Edited by JackThompson

10 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Unless something changed, HCMC does not require financials for Non-O based on Marriage to a Thai; most do not.  Penang, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore are the odd ones in the area that do want to see financials.

Also, "originals" of ID and Housebook are not usually required - just signed copies.  Did they ask to see those originals?  

Marriage Cert they usually do want to see the original - or if you don't have that, an original of the other Kor Ror you can get certified versions of from any amphur.

Words from the staff in HCMC  

'All embassy and consulate will soon be the same for Multi O'

My wife was with me and she was asked to write a letter of sponsorship in the consulate.

The visa also has a hand written note saying I am married to Mrs Xxxxxxx Xxxxxxx.

Seoul a couple of years ago also did not ask to see financials but I don't know the situation there now, maybe still the same.

Edited by overherebc