Israeli troops kill four more Palestinians in border protest

rooster59

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sukhumvitneon said:

A country so "successful" that it has to mooch $3 billion+/year off the US plus loan guarantees, then turns around and makes a mockery of the US presidency, and I'm not talking about just Trump or even Obama.  This goes back to Bush Sr. and earlier.  

Not going to get into your demonization game at that level. Find someone else to play with.

If you're American and have issues with the USA Israel policy, feel free to contact your elected representative and or express your feelings with your votes. 

9 hours ago, bandito said:

To the contrary, it's the Palestinians who don't want peace.

Attacking Israel on a daily basis.

Israel is defending not attacking.

Their aim is driving the Israelis in the Mediterranian sea.

Will not happen, never ever! :guitar:

Yes , yes , I've heard this many times ...

they want to destroy Israel by throwing stones at tanks ...reason enough to kill them , right ?

Action and Reaction ... who is the original aggressor ?

Sorry ,you won't bend the truth the way you like it ... the facts are obvious , and all this nationalistic talking does not help .

If you're saying that Israel should try harder to make their response to the rioters (when you storm the border with burning tires, that's a riot, not a peaceful protest) less lethal, I would most certainly agree. Nobody has said the Palestinians are going to win with their tactics. I'm suggesting they change their tactics towards non-violence and acceptance of reality -- Israel existing. Those house keys some of the elders are carrying or have given to their relatives are mostly to houses that don't even exist anymore. It's getting silly now. How many generations are Palestinians going to cling on to a refugee identity status? It's their LEADERS fault for encouraging that. My grandparents were refugees to the USA. They didn't keep any freakin' KEYS! Not only that, they were angry when I even wanted to travel to Europe as a tourist. Which response do you think is more CONSTRUCTIVE? 

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Those house keys some of the elders are carrying or have given to their relatives are mostly to houses that don't even exist anymore. It's getting silly now. How many generations are Palestinians going to cling on to a refugee identity status? It's their LEADERS fault for encouraging that. My grandparents were refugees to the USA. They didn't keep any freakin' KEYS! Not only that, they were angry when I even wanted to travel to Europe as a tourist. Which response do you think is more CONSTRUCTIVE?

So, based on this argument, would you say that the relatives of European Jews who are still trying to recover art and property stolen from their families by the Nazis and now in possession of a third party should cease and accept that their property has gone? That people like the Bloch-Bauer heirs should have accepted that their relative's portrait now belonged to the Österreichische Galerie Belvedere and not spent years trying to recover it, only to sell it for $135million within  a year of finally recovering it?

Or does your argument about letting go only apply to Palestinians whose land was stolen from them by the Israeli state?

14 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Yes , yes , I've heard this many times ...

they want to destroy Israel by throwing stones at tanks ...reason enough to kill them , right ?

Action and Reaction ... who is the original aggressor ?

Sorry ,you won't bend the truth the way you like it ... the facts are obvious , and all this nationalistic talking does not help .

You think that if the Cambodians or anyone else did this at the Thai Borders they would not be shot? Only Canada allows the river of illegals to pour in to infect the land.

9 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

You think that if the Cambodians or anyone else did this at the Thai Borders they would not be shot? Only Canada allows the river of illegals to pour in to infect the land.

What's wrong with them don't they know Canada is already infected by Canadians 

On 22/04/2018 at 4:05 PM, geriatrickid said:

I like the way he  says "According to Oxfam".   Brilliant. 

Bernie's supporters should all volunteer to go and heal Gaza. The sooner they go, the better. They can save the world.

The reference to Oxfam relates to poor quality of drinking water in Gaza causing health problems. I would guess some hold have the view Israeli control of the supply chain into / out of Gaza is collective punishment & not a constructive contribution to the going disputes between the parties.

I just want to say                                                                              and I think                                                          . Therefore if,

. Just saying.

On 4/22/2018 at 2:05 AM, Jingthing said:

Not going to get into your demonization game at that level. Find someone else to play with.

If you're American and have issues with the USA Israel policy, feel free to contact your elected representative and or express your feelings with your votes. 

Truth hurts.

US acts as the cosigner on the Israeli credit card.  If Israel defaults, then the creditors come to the US for payment.  Israel is a "success" though.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sounds like something you just made up.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/22/2186

It gets extended/increased each term before you try to obfuscate.  Remember when Bush Sr. tried to withhold these guarantees in 1991? It didn't work out well for him.  Why is that? 

On 22/04/2018 at 11:22 AM, Jingthing said:

Citizens of what country? There never was a nation called Palestine. Before Israel there was British Mandate Palestine. The population was Jews and Arabs not Palestinians. Before that it was part of the vast Ottoman Turkish empire.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Silly argument... the Bible is not a real estate title deed.

On 21/04/2018 at 8:36 AM, jimmyyy said:

Throw rocks at soldiers you get what you get.  If Gaza would stop waging war against Israel; Israel would have no reason to keep killing the invaders of THEIR HOMELAND.

70% of Gaza's population were either born in what is now Israel or have parents or grandparents who were. That's why they are called refugees. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinians

Wish the same could be said for the relatives of the cowardly heavily armed Israeli soldiers firing live ammunition against Palestinians with their powerful arsenal of err....tires and stones. It's the Palestinian who have been invaded, ethnically cleansed, colonized and illegally occupied...not the other way around.

The Palestinian refugees protesting simply want the right to return to their homes. It is a war crime to refuse them that right, let alone the barbaric shoot to kill policy of the most moral? army in the world.

3 hours ago, dexterm said:
On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:22 AM, Jingthing said:

Citizens of what country? There never was a nation called Palestine. Before Israel there was British Mandate Palestine. The population was Jews and Arabs not Palestinians. Before that it was part of the vast Ottoman Turkish empire.

Silly argument... the Bible is not a real estate title deed.

Historically inaccurate as well!

The kingdom of Israel existed from roughly the 10th to the 8th centuries BC before becoming part of the Assyrian empire.

Not sure what the Assyrians called it, but the ancient Greeks called the area Palestine. Then it was part of the Roman province of Syria Palestine, then the Byzantines called it Prima Palestine and after the Arab conquest the Muslim Caliphates called it Palestine and then after they conquered it the Ottomans called it the military district of Palestine. Under the British Mandate, from 1918 to 1948, it was called Palestine.

So it was Israel for roughly 200 years, Palestine in one form or another for roughly the next 2800 years and the bulk of it has been Israel again only for the last 70 years.

Interestingly, although originally the population were predominantly Jewish, following the adoption of Christianity by the Roman empire in the 4th Century the majority became Christian. This lasted until the 7th century when the Arab conquest meant the majority became Muslim. During the Crusades the religion of the majority shifted between Islam and Christianity, depending on who was in power. Islam became the majority religion, and Arabic the majority language, in the 13th Century. This lasted until the 19th century when an increased interest in Zionism led to an increase in Jewish immigration to the area; which increased again under the British mandate from 1918.

These are all historical facts, which can be checked in any reputable history source.

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

K/h..what exactly would you do..given the same circumstances???
Sadly unless the people there get rid of hamas..not a lot will change imo

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

How about non lethal weapons such as tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, tasers, stink, dye, water cannons, sonic devices....heck, Israel should know..they've made an export industry out of it.

And of course there's the fence from behind which the most moral? army in the world snipers are shooting teenagers in the back as they are running away from the fence.

Or better still make peace with the Palestinians based on the Arab Peace Initiative now gathering dust for the last 16 years...67 borders incl land swaps, shared Jerusalem, recognition/compensation for refugees.

43 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

I would suggest that getting rid of hamas is the first step..also don't forget the iranian threat to israel's existance

From May 2017: Hamas presents new charter accepting a Palestine based on 1967 borders

OK, it doesn't recognise the state of Israel nor mention Israel by name; but the fact that it does accept a Palestinian state based on 1967 borders means it must also accept that another state occupies the rest of the area. 

It's a small step for sure, but it is a step in the right direction.

Netanyahu, of course, rubbishes it: saying ‘Hamas is attempting to fool the world.'  Maybe the Israelis getting rid of the warmonger Netanyahu should be the second step?

But whatever Hamas' stance, whatever the threat from Iran, please explain how you believe this justifies the lethal shooting of stone throwing children.

I do not believe that it justifies the shooting of kids..however..the cowardly hamas top kiddies were offering money if there were casulties were they not.
Why were the children not at school?
I repeat that to have any chance of peace over there..the hamas gangsters must be rid of!

5 hours ago, malagateddy said:

I do not believe that it justifies the shooting of kids..however..the cowardly hamas top kiddies were offering money if there were casulties were they not.
Why were the children not at school?
I repeat that to have any chance of peace over there..the hamas gangsters must be rid of!

>>Why were the children not at school?

15-year-old Mohammed Ayoub was shot dead by an unthreatened Israeli sniper from 100s of yards away during  last Friday's demonstration when of course there is no school in Gaza. That is if there were a school to go to on any other day, because in the Gaza war Israel destroyed or damaged 327 school buildings and 199 kindergartens, killing on average 11 children per day. That is if the school survived and has teaching materials, electricity and drinking water on one of the 3 shifts that children must attend because of inadequate facilities.
https://972mag.com/blaming-a-child-for-the-snipers-bullet-that-killed-him/134879/

Shame on you for blaming the victims for being cold bloodedly murdered...par for the course for Zionist apologists, who argue Israel can do wrong.

The only gangsters and terrorists I see in the OP are child killing IDF.

>>Why were the children not at school?

15-year-old Mohammed Ayoub was shot dead by an unthreatened Israeli sniper from 100s of yards away during  last Friday's demonstration when of course there is no school in Gaza. That is if there were a school to go to on any other day, because in the Gaza war Israel destroyed or damaged 327 school buildings and 199 kindergartens, killing on average 11 children per day. That is if the school survived and has teaching materials, electricity and drinking water on one of the 3 shifts that children must attend because of inadequate facilities.
https://972mag.com/blaming-a-child-for-the-snipers-bullet-that-killed-him/134879/

Shame on you for blaming the victims for being cold bloodedly murdered...par for the course for Zionist apologists, who argue Israel can do wrong.
I obviously do not know about the situation re schools etc. but I do know that hamas will use everybody and anybody to further their imo futile cause.
I also note that the hamas leadership do not put themselves in the " front line" but offer "blood money" to the easily led.
As I stated earlier..get rid of hamas and things would change for the better.

33 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

I obviously do not know about the situation re schools etc. but I do know that hamas will use everybody and anybody to further their imo futile cause.
I also note that the hamas leadership do not put themselves in the " front line" but offer "blood money" to the easily led.
As I stated earlier..get rid of hamas and things would change for the better.

I don't know of any political leaders who do fight on the front lines (do you?).

The whole population is on the front line in the Gaza ghetto... in places only 3 miles wide. I recall Hamas leadership have actually addressed the demonstrators.

What is the source of your blood money for kids propaganda? Link please.

Archived