VIDEO: Scores of foreigners detained as Pattaya police bust sex orgy

rooster59

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, hansnl said:

Anything found, stupid or not, will be taken as proof.

But the thing is the 1500 baht admission.

I personally know people who attended.  There was no "1500 baht ADMISSION" ... it was 1500 baht to share in the cost of the room.  And unless someone personally brought drugs, there were no drugs involved.  This was a group of "likeminded" people having a get together at a resort well-known and advertised as a couples-only, lifestyle resort.  Many of you know this place; I don't have to name it. 

What anyone does behind closed doors is their own business, unless there is some morality law here I'm unaware of.  This resort rents out large rooms for parties; it's no secret what goes on there.  No prostitution was taking place, no underage girls, no gambling, no visa overstayers.  If any drugs were "found", it was probably in someone's purse or overnight bag; certainly not out in the open, as is implied.   Regardless, this is a raid that by all accounts should never have happened.  Just a lot of consenting adults, both foreign and Thai, being shook down for no reason, and charged with whatever will save face for the police and military.

My theory:  A rival business owner, with a grudge against this resort's management, falsely reported to police that drugs, prostitution, and other laws were being broken.

Note: this is at least the second raid that I know of since this resort re-opened in Pattaya not too long ago.  Whoever is responsible for the raids is getting his/her money's worth, because people will begin staying away from this place.  And it's a shame, because it was a great place!

27 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

If it was suspected that there was gambling going on, which is what was suspected, why should it never have happened, is gambling now legal in Thailand?

Of course playing bridge isn't gambling, a case study is not needed to explain that, but an organized group of people playing bridge for money, which is what was (wrongly) suspected, would have been gambling and that was the reason for the raid.

Anyway, you're on your own now with this off-topic bit.

For cockfighting evidently yes  :giggle: 

Profitable & old Thai tradition of cockfighting with top fighting birds worth up to 3 million baht & gambling bets as large as 22 million baht.Two veteran roosters in Samui’s cockfighting ring drew the largest bets in Thailand’s history yesterday.

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

A group of like minded people have got together for an exotic evening. I am interested to know what laws they were actually breaking.

I guess the good news is all the potential instructors couldn't attend having been previously arrested.

What about the ban on gatherings of 5 people or more?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-protests-gathering/thai-army-bans-groups-of-more-than-five-people-from-gathering-idUSBREA4L0IC20140522

1 minute ago, blackcab said:

yes, this is the only plausible 'crime',

but is that law really applicable in private ?

or is it gathering in public places ?

for instance: a family with 4 kids would be conducting a crime

if they eat dinner altogether in the dining room/ on the floor in their home

5 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I never knew lubricants are illegal in the Kingdom.

Nor that it was illegal to have sex without a licence. Next time the wife feels horny, I will complete a SEX30 form and submit it to immigration for approval.

I doubt that the orgy was the main problem, more likely it was the idiots that brought drugs onto the scene, including the hotel owner who was cashing in on it.

I have thought about organising an orgy with friends discretely at my home, problem is, my friends are all old and ugly. 

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"Initially the video was viewable and to me it now appears unavailable."

You didn't look hard enough..

As for the schoolgirl, she's under 18, this lot are well over.

http://www.siamchonnews.com/มีคลิป-นายอำเภอบางละมุ-6/

Looks like a clan meeting in Mississippi.

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"Initially the video was viewable and to me it now appears unavailable."

You didn't look hard enough..

As for the schoolgirl, she's under 18, this lot are well over.

http://www.siamchonnews.com/มีคลิป-นายอำเภอบางละมุ-6/

A couple of the girls in the first shot of the beds look well under age. The girl with the short hair looks no more than 14. If that`s the case I hope the police throw the book at the participants and the organisers.

3 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

Drugs sure, illegal hotel ok... But morality police makes no sense. If Thailand wants to be taken seriously on morality issues they need to make some much bigger policy comittments, else it's disingenuous

that's a matter of culture. This IS Thailand, and things here work the Thai way

36 minutes ago, poanoi said:

yes, this is the only plausible 'crime',

but is that law really applicable in private ?

or is it gathering in public places ?

for instance: a family with 4 kids would be conducting a crime

if they eat dinner altogether in the dining room/ on the floor in their home

Sex Toys in Thailand .. heard they are banned .... prostitution in Thailand , heard it was illegal, ..maybe someone was using E-cigarettes ! 

Crikey that will teach them, fancy having sex behind closed doors, what were they thinking?, should have done it on Pattaya beach and all would have been well, how did all these different nationalities find out about this party?.

Archived