Best Exchange Rates Bank or Other

RubbaJohnny

Maybe take a friend with you and keep it on your body, not in a bag that can be quickly snatched from a motorcycle.

Even at a booth you can be discreet about it, f. e. count the money with the teller and not outside the window where anybody can see it, and bring an envelope into which you put the money immediately before putting it in the pocket.

Also ask the teller before you even pull out the money if they have 75k in large bills available.

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

I've exchanged bigger amount than that without any problem.

What do you mean by privacy protected? No, they require your passport to photocopy and there's a CCTV there. So your transaction isn't confidential.

Of course, the passerby is going to know about it so it's better to exchange it inside a shoplot.

What I meant by that was are there like a bunch of people standing around watching you collect a large sum of money and stuffing it in your pocket.

3 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

What I meant by that was are there like a bunch of people standing around watching you collect a large sum of money and stuffing it in your pocket.

There are two types of exchange places:

1. Booth

Everybody (including non-customers) walking around there can see you get the money because it's open air.

2. Shop

Only the real customers waiting for their turn can see you pocket the money.

If you are concerned with this, go during the time where there are no customers and in a shop that is not in busy areas like Loi Kroh or Night Bazaar.

6 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Just collect your money put it in a front pocket and go on your way. For $75,000 I might hire a lump but for what you are talking I doubt very much you'll have any problems. Unless of course you act like you've just lifted the Crown Jewels.

Archived