PM Prayut stresses necessity of village funds

webfact

27 minutes ago, phil2407 said:

So Mr Prayut - you’re giving 300k to each village? (Sorry maximum to each) how about listing the amount to each village, the amount of villages receiving money and let’s see if that tallies with the amount of money you’ve allocated for this 

bet it doesn’t ??

it's a confidence scam nothing more. Like A phone call that you won a free holiday but..m

5 hours ago, JAG said:

I don't know, sounds a bit "populist" to me...

Agree. The good General knows well that the village funds are plundered by Nai Amphoe, Kamnan,  Village Head men and Orbortors, all of who are influential in 'correcting' swinging votes.

He doesn't want anything to change the free flow of money from Village Funds to the pockets of the hungry local officials. No no no, can't have that, they're the absolute bedrock of the limited support the army has among the proles..

5 hours ago, webfact said:

PM stresses necessity of village funds

Maybe if he'd stressed the necessity of the funds actually reaching the villages, it would have been a wise start. And, how come he's wearing a sort-of-normal suit and tie for this extravaganza? How can this man be so consistently sickening?

5 hours ago, JOC said:

Thai math skills are, as we know, not very good.....But one would expect the PM to get his numbers right?

There are about 77.000 villages in Thailand. Each to receive 300.000 = 23.1 billion .......not 2 billion

The full Thai Niyom programme budget is 100 billion. Heaven only knows where the rest of the money goes......although it is not too hard to guess with an election in distant horizon. There is sure to heavy "costs" incurred by village leaders in the lead up and there will naturally be polling booth and vote counting "expenses".

8 hours ago, missoura said:

Our village was told the amount was B200,000. And this money can not be used for any infrastructure work like road repair or improving the water system. It was explained that this money is to be used for projects to help people make money. The villagers are still scratching their heads, but the Bamboo Grapevine is saying that someone will make money.

My wife who is opoto in our village also said 200'000 Baht is allocated for her village. When I asked her what the villagers intend to do with the money, she said. improving the water system.

This is definitely not a bad idea, as most of the time the water is like it just came out of the ground of a shallow artesian well. Brownish water. Not very appealing. If the 200'000 Baht could give us really clean water (we're soon writing 2'020!) then the money would be well allocated.

Archived