Sex swingers in Pattaya: Participants let go with a warning but hotel faces 18 million baht fine

webfact

Sex swingers in Pattaya: Participants let go with a warning but hotel faces 18 million baht fine

news07.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The 28 Thai and foreign participants at a sex swingers party raided in Pattaya were mostly let go.

One Filipino was found to be on drugs and one person was overstaying their visa but the others had their records taken and were released without charge.

Earlier videos had shown tourist, immigration and local police and soldiers under the direction of Banglamung district chief Naris Niramaiwong and Pattaya station chief Apichai Krobpetch raiding the property on Pratumnak Hill.

Embarrassed participants were rounded up covered in towels and sheets to protect their identities. Condoms and lubricants were shown.

Participants were from the US, Canada, Ukraine, Pakistan, Singapore, the Philippines, China, Malaysia, Cambodia and Thailand reported Sanook yesterday.

Owner 53 year old Serngchai from China is facing charges of operating a hotel without a licence and running a lewd event for profit.

Three staff are being charged as accessories.

The hotel owner can do jail time of up to a year and be fined 20,000 baht. But he faces shelling out 18 million baht which is 10,000 a day for every day of the five years he has been in operation.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-23

Why would you open a hotel without getting a licence? I know the owner is said to be Chinese, but still?

So on top of the possible one year in jail and/or the 20,000 baht fine for this he is also being done for 18 million baht based on earnings of 10,000 baht a day for the last 5 years. That's an expensive orgy, in fact it seems to have turned into a gangbang for the owner...................:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

What about the other few joints operating and organising similar events on weekly basis? ?

If it is with an entrance fee, then anything is possible.

If there is no fee, just the rent of hotel room(s), there is nothing to gain, so no problem.

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

Why would you open a hotel without getting a licence? I know the owner is said to be Chinese, but still?

Probably because getting a license takes a shitload of hoops to jump through, bribing of officials, and a waiting list of possibly years.

Wasn't it in the news like a year ago that Phuket had thousands of unlicensed hotels and when they started digging deeper it appeared there were thousands on the waiting list to receive a license? Who wants to buy or build a hotel and wait for 5 years till you get your license? Time is money.

Why has it taken the authorities 5 years to find out this place has no licences? If the Government is short of revenue why doesn't it send people round all the businesses operating in a location to check on their licenses. When they find businesses operating without licenses they will rake in a fortune on unpaid license fees! :wink:

A bunch of adults consensually entertaining each other. 
Each to his own, but what has the Police got to do with it ?

(by the way, the cameraman seems to be a rather heavy breather)

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Probably because getting a license takes a shitload of hoops to jump through, bribing of officials, and a waiting list of possibly years.

Wasn't it in the news like a year ago that Phuket had thousands of unlicensed hotels and when they started digging deeper it appeared there were thousands on the waiting list to receive a license? Who wants to buy or build a hotel and wait for 5 years till you get your license? Time is money.

Considering the flip side of that argument about shitloads of hoops to jump through, I can think of at least one Chinese gentleman looking at an 18 million baht payout who likely wished he hadn't made the critical decision not to pursue the licence 5 years ago.

4 hours ago, champers said:

The fine seems to be a tad disproportianate; it should certainly deter others. If anyone has their pre-paid orgy suddenly cancelled please let us know.

The fine at this stage was not for the orgy.  It was 10,000 baht a day for never having a hotel licence. Sloppy Pattaya district council records or perhaps very lucrative ones.  Until now.  Unhappy campers as the guests and the owner too.

1 hour ago, carabaothai said:

How can we operate an hotel 5 years without licence ? :smile:

Nobody have checked this hotel for 5 years... Or some got their brown enveloppe every month... 

Mate of mine who lived over that way before he moved to Rawai over 5 years ago remembers this place had 'goings on' way back then.

Mostly let go?

And yet in the report prior to this it says

RTP Deputy Spokesman Col Krissana Phatthanacharoen said police had cracked down on a sex party held by a Chinese man in Pattaya, Chon Buri over the weekend. 

All suspects, both Thais and foreigners, have been arrested and prosecuted as it affects the country’s images, he said.

So, which one is it?

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Participants let go with a warning

What were they warned?  "Don't have sex in a hotel!!!"

Lordy, their goes the curtain 'Love' hotel business.  What will Thai men do when they need to take their Dek Ying or Karaoke hostess out for a fling???  Or perhaps it's just the degenerate foreigners who are the targets.  Amazing Thailand yet again!

5 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

What about the other few joints operating and organising similar events on weekly basis? ?

The other places are clearly up to date with their 'tea money' payments. My wife sold her bar/restaurant to a Thai guy and informed him who to make the protection payments to but he didn't bother so the BiB raided the place and shut it down. It's still boarded up years later.

5 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

A number of smaller, good quality hotels on Pattaya Beach Road were found to be operating without a licence about a year ago.

11 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Beggars belief that so many 'business's' can operate without licence's.   Where are the 'Authorities' that are supposed to be regulating business start up's....counting their bribes i presume ?

Probably because the brown envelope was a bit light last month, after-all if he`s been operating this scheme for the last 5 years, I`m sure the word must have gotten around as to what was going on during that time, especially if dealing with foreigners.

Doubt the fee for the room and some food of 1500 baht was for everything inclusive. More likely closer to 20000 baht to participate in the orgy for the guys plus whatever the hire for the girls cost. How it works the guys pay upfront and the Chinese owner probably has many girls on his list that he supplies for the men. A glorified pimp.

The Chinese guy must have been raking the money in. If he has to pay 18 million for a get out of jail free card, I have no doubts he made multiple times that amount in the last 5 years. Pays the fine, soon after, it`s business as usual.

6 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Probably because the brown envelope was a bit light last month, after-all if he`s been operating this scheme for the last 5 years, I`m sure the word must have gotten around as to what was going on during that time, especially if dealing with foreigners.

Doubt the fee for the room and some food of 1500 baht was for everything inclusive. More likely closer to 20000 baht to participate in the orgy for the guys plus whatever the hire for the girls cost. How it works the guys pay upfront and the Chinese owner probably has many girls on his list that he supplies for the men. A glorified pimp.

The Chinese guy must have been raking the money in. If he has to pay 18 million for a get out of jail free card, I have no doubts he made multiple times that amount in the last 5 years. Pays the fine, soon after, it`s business as usual.

that is drivel from start to finish, and nothing to back it up.

someone here with info already explained the 1500 baht cost for the room

1 hour ago, poanoi said:

that is drivel from start to finish, and nothing to back it up.

someone here with info already explained the 1500 baht cost for the room

1500 baht for hotel room, food and nooky with a variety of beautiful young girls. 1500 baht for all that, sounds like an absolute bargain, I would believe I died and went to heaven. It can cost that just for a 10 minute massage and happy ending in Chiang Mai.

Any ideas when the next session will be. I `ll take the risk of being arrested. Get real, please.

13 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

1500 baht for hotel room, food and nooky with a variety of beautiful young girls. 1500 baht for all that, sounds like an absolute bargain, I would believe I died and went to heaven. It can cost that just for a 10 minute massage and happy ending in Chiang Mai.

Any ideas when the next session will be. I `ll take the risk of being arrested. Get real, please.

they arrived in pairs, there was no woman waiting at the hotel.

i can get short time for 300 if i truly want gonorrhea yet again,

but i'll pass, yet again.

Archived