YouTuber who posted about taxi driver goes to police after receiving "extortion" email

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perenon is a French police volunteer, living in Pattaya ? 

Then the police should arrest him asap, if they care about this and are not receiving money under the table. 

1 minute ago, MrJohnson said:

Get your head back below the parapets Danny Mac. This will not end well for him methinks. At very least will be looking over his shoulder from now on.

That was my reasoning too, if i had made a fuss everytime i was scammed for little money, i would be dead long time.

18 minutes ago, MrJohnson said:

Get your head back below the parapets Danny Mac. This will not end well for him methinks. At very least will be looking over his shoulder from now on.

That's the sort of attitude that lets scum like the blackmailer think they can get away with threats for cash. This effort looks amateurish, some a quite sophisticated and persuasive and can cause a lot of problems for people. This guy has done the best thing, throw a spotlight on it and watch the cockroach rum away and hide.

1 hour ago, CGW said:

So was it worth it? the time and energy wasted over a couple of $, simply no point, move on ....

Yes it was! If these scams stay behind the curtain it will just encourage other fraud cabbies to do the same. And then- 'Who will stop the rain?'

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

Pay for what?

The new e-mail claims the farang is working without a work permit and breaking many Thai laws.

Similar points have been mentioned on the TV thread on this event.

Does anybody know (facts, not opinions, not should be / could be, not guesses please) if he does have a WP? 

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

That was my reasoning too, if i had made a fuss everytime i was scammed for little money, i would be dead long time.

Exactly I have tipped taxis more than what this guy is complaining about,,has he never heard of keeping a low profile.....idiot

5 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Exactly I have tipped taxis more than what this guy is complaining about,,has he never heard of keeping a low profile.....idiot

I always see tv members get on their soap box when there is a thread about scams or corruption, then yet when one takes up the fight against it he is condemned again.

I know this is the Thai Cynical forum, who have to criticize everything posted good or bad, but did you realize that weeding out scams and corruption starts with the small cases.

By the way, extortion is not considered a minor case.

3 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Yep, i always try to know and pay the right price, and it's always my pleasure to tip when the job is done.

It must be hard to earn a living as a taxi driver in Bkk, or any other place.

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I always see tv members get on their soap box when there is a thread about scams or corruption, then yet when one takes up the fight against it he is condemned again.

I know this is the Thai Cynical forum, who have to criticize everything posted good or bad, but did you realize that weeding out scams and corruption starts with the small cases.

Yeah, we have been successful in the West in fighting corruption, now it's only the rich and the powerful who can afford the privilege to grease the wheels :coffee1:

24 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

weeding out scams and corruption

Do you honestly think that is ever going to happen here ? this whole country thrives and to a degree survives on scams and corruption its ingrained in their culture and nothing will ever change it, so Dream on, its sadly here to stay,and that idiot who made the complaint in the first place will soon find out the hard way.

2 minutes ago, Acemaker said:

Do you honestly think that is ever going to happen here ? this whole country thrives and to a degree survives on scams and corruption its ingrained in their culture and nothing will ever change it, so Dream on, its sadly here to stay,and that idiot who made the complaint in the first place will soon find out the hard way.

So from you comment I understand that you condone corruption

I think that guy should be arrested for wearing an offensive hair style out in public areas.

One point here; whoever sent the email is correct; the guy is working without a work permit. Also it`s obvious he`s not aware of some of the unwritten rules for staying in Thailand. Taxis, meters or not, first ask how much before agreeing to a journey and if the driver says; he`s using a meter, then fine no problem.

Over my time here in LOS (Land of Scams) I`ve been ripped off several times, but have always just put it down to experience and not made a song and dance about it. Going public with this could cause this guy a lot of problems under Thailand`s defamation laws. This is not the West, where Farlangs have statutory rights. Wish him good luck with this one.

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Yes it was! If these scams stay behind the curtain it will just encourage other fraud cabbies to do the same. And then- 'Who will stop the rain?'

Great, you go ahead and expose them and all the rest of the corruption in this country, then once you have solved the minor problems you can start to go after the "big fish" like the UN and NASA, me, I will be watching from a distance, willing to pay an extra couple of $ for a scammed taxi ride for peace, knowing as part of the big picture it is not worth the hassle.

7 minutes ago, CGW said:

Great, you go ahead and expose them and all the rest of the corruption in this country, then once you have solved the minor problems you can start to go after the "big fish" like the UN and NASA, me, I will be watching from a distance, willing to pay an extra couple of $ for a scammed taxi ride for peace, knowing as part of the big picture it is not worth the hassle.

NASA?

Archived