YouTuber who posted about taxi driver goes to police after receiving "extortion" email

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

douchebag hair, poofy voice, hipster beard and glasses. For that he only deserves a couple of bitch slaps. Case closed.

LOL

Whatever happened to that foreign SWAT bloke who drove around Pattaya in a Yellow Humvee

Looks to me like a farang wrote this note trying to sound thai. You need specific information to open a bank account no doubt it will be someone close to the offender. Likely just some pissed off farang who has spent too long here and has too much time on their hands. 

If the taxi driver felt like doing anything he could say what was said was out of context and he could go to police saying he was defamed.

who uses the term monkey house ? Someone who sits around a bar stool pretending to know everything about thailand. 100% chance this fellow is sitting at a beerbar in pattaya reading this news.

if he disliked danny then all he did was draw more attention to him, which is exactly the type that posts videos and opinions for likes on youtube. 

3 hours ago, balo said:

So he is living in Thailand and makes a living of posting Youtube videos, and the police seems ok about it ? Good news for every Youtuber here . 

his youtube channel is not monetized.  no money.  views of his videos are quite small usually in the 100's

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

That's the sort of attitude that lets scum like the blackmailer think they can get away with threats for cash. This effort looks amateurish, some a quite sophisticated and persuasive and can cause a lot of problems for people. This guy has done the best thing, throw a spotlight on it and watch the cockroach rum away and hide.

Well, we shall see how good that spotlight is. Danny Mac is drawing a lot of attention to himself. That's all I'm saying. Don't think that I condone extortion. I do not. However, you have to weigh up whether it is worth making yourself a martyr. There are plenty of examples of people challenging power here and most of them have ended badly. Danny Mac has the added disadvantage of being a nobody foreigner. Just saying.

Unfortunately, poorly drafted or outdated laws, a weak rule of law and patchy or non-existent law enforcement together conspire to allow wannabe nobodies like this "Thierry" person space in which to attempt their contemptable extortion attempts. Good for the OP for not being afraid to up the ante, in spite of that haircut; I hope the publicity will prompt the RTP to see that justice is done. 

5 hours ago, BEVUP said:

So out of all the Thais that no doubt have done this to other Taxi drivers, it has never come to this

Never give any Taxi drive your details as this is the start of problems, Financial extorsion is very common among the bottom feeders. Farang beware 

I would have said yes ok. Let's meet

During martial.arts training my trainer taught me a move called The Can Opener. Big Sam Greco. In theory a close in elbow to the head responds with immediate cover to protect.

At this very moment his fully exposed lower is exposed.. Boom into the solar plex stomach. Doubled over you can destroy right there.

You can use the same here..He meets.you have a host of option. All.of which are stacked against this Thai banana.

6 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

My My, the taxi driver maybe has some nice friends. 

Just love social media,  people showing there true colours :thumbsup:

Think this story, is going to heat things up a bit. :smile:

I think the taxi driver is too stupid to have friends like this. 

Its obviously some other rat trying his / her

luck

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

It's possible that the Taxi driver knows nothing of this and the blackmailer is simply trying it on.

I agree with you , Perenon looks more and more to me like a creep , he managed to get a foot inside the police as a volunteer, probably are broke and need money and are willing to try anything , including blackmail.  

I really hope they catch him . 

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

lock the French guy up for having a bad haircut.

Next case.

4pm.jpg                                                         image.jpeg.71fc67670c1bee84554aa39964de32a0.jpeg

This is Danny Mac, the British guy.                                                            This is Thierry Perenon, the Pattaya "cop"

Who has the bad haircut?           This man threatened Danny Mac.

4 hours ago, Sonhia said:

The taxi driver losses face for doing wrong, and rightly so, but expects payment by means of extortion, claiming hardship!!!!!

Typical pathetic, greedy, money grabbing low life mind set attitude...

He's Thai, so in his mind it is utterly impossible for him to be wrong.

5 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

This Thierry Perenon is the same guy who was in the news previously for blackmailing. Why is he still in Thailand?

http://www.samuitimes.com/foreign-dsi-agent-threatens-editor-remove-story-russian-whistleblowers/

" Why is he still in Thailand?"

Very good question! Amazing Thailand:giggle:
how can a person be a special agent of DSI and make such unveiled threats?

4 minutes ago, Media1 said:

No DSI a Thai kid

reminds me of that colourful character Robert McInnes from a few years ago who used to ride around town in a bright yellow Hummer, emblazoned with the words: "SWAT police counter-terrorism unit". :giggle:

1 minute ago, midas said:

reminds me of that colourful character Robert McInnes from a few years ago who used to ride around town in a bright yellow Hummer, emblazoned with the words: "SWAT police counter-terrorism unit". :giggle:

l trained with Sifu in.Pattaya..l.wont comment

4 minutes ago, midas said:

Yup, when it comes to Farang tools, Thailand - and especially the KFSR - has a boxfull.

23 minutes ago, midas said:

" Why is he still in Thailand?"

Very good question! Amazing Thailand:giggle:
how can a person be a special agent of DSI and make such unveiled threats?

The threat is likely nothing to do with that French guy 

They probably copy pasted his name from some news article 

Most likely an opportunistic thief going to get paid in Bitcoins

Should be easy for the REAL police to freeze the bank account in question immediately and find out who it really belongs to and whether that person is involved or not

Interesting to watch if the power of social can get justice.  His next stop can be social that impacts the tourism industry - new tools to be played.

The email lacks any kind of sophistication can likely be traced to source.

and BTC is not private ... a little investigation can find the holder.  Not easy but doable.  

Archived