BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

YouTuber who posted about taxi driver goes to police after receiving "extortion" email

So he is living in Thailand and makes a living of posting Youtube videos, and the police seems ok about it ? Good news for every Youtuber here . 

Get your head back below the parapets Danny Mac. This will not end well for him methinks. At very least will be looking over his shoulder from now on.

Perenon is a French police volunteer, living in Pattaya ? 

Then the police should arrest him asap, if they care about this and are not receiving money under the table. 

1 minute ago, MrJohnson said:

Get your head back below the parapets Danny Mac. This will not end well for him methinks. At very least will be looking over his shoulder from now on.

That was my reasoning too, if i had made a fuss everytime i was scammed for little money, i would be dead long time.

18 minutes ago, MrJohnson said:

That's the sort of attitude that lets scum like the blackmailer think they can get away with threats for cash. This effort looks amateurish, some a quite sophisticated and persuasive and can cause a lot of problems for people. This guy has done the best thing, throw a spotlight on it and watch the cockroach rum away and hide.

1 hour ago, CGW said:

So was it worth it? the time and energy wasted over a couple of $, simply no point, move on ....

Yes it was! If these scams stay behind the curtain it will just encourage other fraud cabbies to do the same. And then- 'Who will stop the rain?'

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

Pay for what?

The new e-mail claims the farang is working without a work permit and breaking many Thai laws.

Similar points have been mentioned on the TV thread on this event.

Does anybody know (facts, not opinions, not should be / could be, not guesses please) if he does have a WP? 

Option 3 - lock up the French idiot ... he's bringing a bad name to the RTP.

It's possible that the Taxi driver knows nothing of this and the blackmailer is simply trying it on.

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

That was my reasoning too, if i had made a fuss everytime i was scammed for little money, i would be dead long time.

Exactly I have tipped taxis more than what this guy is complaining about,,has he never heard of keeping a low profile.....idiot

5 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Exactly I have tipped taxis more than what this guy is complaining about,,has he never heard of keeping a low profile.....idiot

I always see tv members get on their soap box when there is a thread about scams or corruption, then yet when one takes up the fight against it he is condemned again.

I know this is the Thai Cynical forum, who have to criticize everything posted good or bad, but did you realize that weeding out scams and corruption starts with the small cases.

By the way, extortion is not considered a minor case.

3 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Yep, i always try to know and pay the right price, and it's always my pleasure to tip when the job is done.

It must be hard to earn a living as a taxi driver in Bkk, or any other place.

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I always see tv members get on their soap box when there is a thread about scams or corruption, then yet when one takes up the fight against it he is condemned again.

I know this is the Thai Cynical forum, who have to criticize everything posted good or bad, but did you realize that weeding out scams and corruption starts with the small cases.

Yeah, we have been successful in the West in fighting corruption, now it's only the rich and the powerful who can afford the privilege to grease the wheels :coffee1: