BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

YouTuber who posted about taxi driver goes to police after receiving "extortion" email

Has he a mate called Nate could be a fame issue?

I wonder which one will be found to be "bringing the RTP into dis-repute."???  Lets hope this time they take notice of this nice policeman.

24 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

weeding out scams and corruption

Do you honestly think that is ever going to happen here ? this whole country thrives and to a degree survives on scams and corruption its ingrained in their culture and nothing will ever change it, so Dream on, its sadly here to stay,and that idiot who made the complaint in the first place will soon find out the hard way.

2 minutes ago, Acemaker said:

Do you honestly think that is ever going to happen here ? this whole country thrives and to a degree survives on scams and corruption its ingrained in their culture and nothing will ever change it, so Dream on, its sadly here to stay,and that idiot who made the complaint in the first place will soon find out the hard way.

So from you comment I understand that you condone corruption

Trouble is every where if like it, this is Thailand a country ruled by military not a God damn western country young man.   Keep your dream ideas to your self pretending to fix the world.

I think that guy should be arrested for wearing an offensive hair style out in public areas.

One point here; whoever sent the email is correct; the guy is working without a work permit. Also it`s obvious he`s not aware of some of the unwritten rules for staying in Thailand. Taxis, meters or not, first ask how much before agreeing to a journey and if the driver says; he`s using a meter, then fine no problem.

Over my time here in LOS (Land of Scams) I`ve been ripped off several times, but have always just put it down to experience and not made a song and dance about it. Going public with this could cause this guy a lot of problems under Thailand`s defamation laws. This is not the West, where Farlangs have statutory rights. Wish him good luck with this one.

The email is from a Nigerian scammer that hasn't been caught yet.

Let's see how long it takes arrest him and  send him to the Bangkok Hilton.

A week or two?

The taxi driver in tears saying his passenger is so mean...,

Mean how? for exposing him how he treats his customers?

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Yes it was! If these scams stay behind the curtain it will just encourage other fraud cabbies to do the same. And then- 'Who will stop the rain?'

Great, you go ahead and expose them and all the rest of the corruption in this country, then once you have solved the minor problems you can start to go after the "big fish" like the UN and NASA, me, I will be watching from a distance, willing to pay an extra couple of $ for a scammed taxi ride for peace, knowing as part of the big picture it is not worth the hassle.

7 minutes ago, CGW said:

Great, you go ahead and expose them and all the rest of the corruption in this country, then once you have solved the minor problems you can start to go after the "big fish" like the UN and NASA, me, I will be watching from a distance, willing to pay an extra couple of $ for a scammed taxi ride for peace, knowing as part of the big picture it is not worth the hassle.

NASA?

Just now, Crash999 said:

NASA?

You never thought those moon landings weren't a scam, did you?

4 hours ago, stud858 said:

So, offer 100,000 and if that's accepted pay,  learn from the experience and move on. 

Peace to all.

Are you in on this scam?