All-girl idol group BNK48 to meet PM on Tuesday

webfact

All-girl idol group BNK48 to meet PM on Tuesday

By The Nation

41d8cd7a8e54e20b69a8cf4f5a7dd646.jpeg

File photo: BNK48

Members of the famous all-girls “idol” group BNK48 are scheduled to call on Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House on Tuesday.

The meeting is part of a public relations event to promote the Public Relations Department’s Happy Family Radio project, which aims to attract younger listeners to its radio station, FM 105 MHz.

The young singers will meet with the PM at his office in the morning, accompanied by Government spokesman Lt-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd, who is concurrently the PRD’s caretaker director-general.

eb4c5125569c83e92daafa47e88123e8.jpeg

Among the BNK48 singers to call on General Prayut are the band’s “captain” Cherprang Areekul, deputy bandleader Jennis Oprasert, Napapat Woraprueksanon, Warattaya Deesomlert, Praewa Suthampong, Kantira Watcharatassanakul, and Rinrada Inthaisong.

Named after Bangkok, the group is the Thai sister group of Japan’s idol girl group AKB48. It has 26 members as of February.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30343783

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-24

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

I'm sure that many of us here will equally be willing to give deep hospitality and entertain these fine artists at home on a courtesy call !!

Just hold on, I am top of the list. I have a twelve-year-old daughter, the house resonates to the sound of their "music". I deserve some recompense...

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

I'm sure that many of us here will equally be willing to give deep hospitality and entertain these fine artists at home on a courtesy call !!

Darn straight.

I'm at least going to  look them up on YouTube and enjoy a few minutes of entertainment.

12 minutes ago, Darcula said:

Truly, a meeting of contrasting personalities.

One  desses up in gaudy costumes, singing juvenile verses and has practically no fans. The other is a famous idol group.

Forgive us, Lemmy. We have failed you...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the group is the Thai sister group of Japan’s idol girl group AKB48

...or as some say just another Thai copy. And the propaganda stunt will fall short as another lousy copy in comparison with those the mother of all PR stunts, Kim Jong Un, brings on stage. At least here they try to copy the best.

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

Band? Looks like a dance troupe. Why are there so many of them, and where are their musical instruments?

Furthermore, what could they and the military junta chief possibly have to say to one another, apart from 'Gin khao yang?' followed by an awkward silence...

53 minutes ago, JAG said:

Just hold on, I am top of the list. I have a twelve-year-old daughter, the house resonates to the sound of their "music". I deserve some recompense...

Oh for God's... Who is the man in your house?

Irresponsible parenting is letting one's daughter get away with playing this bubblegum crap and not cranking up their Judas Priest albums to ten times the volume she is playing her music at by way of response...:biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

How can a group of this size make money when they do concerts? So many people to pay, and that's even without musicians and crew. 

So many people to pay, including the audience...

20 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

This is the Thai version of Nixon meets Elvis...

apparently the girls will all receive DSI badges

Nixon was elected.

Elvis got to where he was on talent.

So some big differences...

Archived