‘Solid evidence’ against another seven monks in latest temple fund embezzlement cases: police

webfact

‘Solid evidence’ against another seven monks in latest temple fund embezzlement cases: police

By The Nation

480a30a1073c3ac3aecfbfd1be41abd9.jpeg

Police have found solid evidence against seven monks in a new batch of temple-fund embezzlement cases, a senior officer said on Monday.

“Our investigation has found that embezzlement occurred at 10 temples and involved the amount of Bt140 million,” said Pol Colonel Warayut Sukawat, a deputy commander at the police force’s Counter Corruption Division. 

6aeda9db0ad34d0ef495bee651bd9815.jpeg

He was speaking as he handed over a more than 4,000-page investigation report to the National Anti-Corruption Commission for further action. 

“We have randomly checked the disbursement of state funds for 30 temples in this batch. Of these temples, 10 have showed signs of irregularities,” Warayut said. 

Implicated in these new corruption cases are seven monks and several state officials, he added. 

These suspects are in addition to the many already identified in the previous batches, the deputy commander said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30343800

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-24

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Hey! Hey! That is great news in the war against corruption...

...until you read

He was speaking as he handed over a more than 4,000-page investigation report to the National Anti-Corruption Commission for further action. 

The same NACC that "investigated" General Rolex. If these monks support the Junta, they will be let off. If they do not support the Junta, then they will be "prosecuted". A tainted organization like the NACC can only deliver further taints.

Waste of time.

he handed over a more than 4,000-page investigation report to the National Anti-Corruption Commission

4000 + pages? That's about as big as the Encyclopedia Britannica. How is it humanly possible to write 4,000 pages about 7 monks scamming the system. Now we know how the police fill their day in; writing voluminous reports!

13 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

4000 + pages? That's about as big as the Encyclopedia Britannica. How is it humanly possible to write 4,000 pages about 7 monks scamming the system. Now we know how the police fill their day in; writing voluminous reports!

If you ever have occasion to visit a police station,  and see the piles upon piles of paperwork on each desk, you'r wonder how anything ever gets done.

Just now, watcharacters said:

If you ever have occasion to visit a police station,  and see the piles upon piles of paperwork on each desk, you'r wonder how anything ever gets done.

I believe you. I have never had the occasion to visit a Thai police station and I hope I never do. I am sure it would be a very unrewarding experience.

36 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

I believe you. I have never had the occasion to visit a Thai police station and I hope I never do. I am sure it would be a very unrewarding experience.

I have visited a Thai police station.  A fat officer refused to act on an open and shut case of car theft until 10,000 baht had been produced.  So little gets done until motivated by money.

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Hey! Hey! That is great news in the war against corruption...

...until you read

The same NACC that "investigated" General Rolex. If these monks support the Junta, they will be let off. If they do not support the Junta, then they will be "prosecuted". A tainted organization like the NACC can only deliver further taints.

Waste of time.

By the same token, if the 7 monks are prosecuted, then General Rolex should be prosecuted.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

2 minutes ago, neeray said:

By the same token, if the 7 monks are prosecuted, then General Rolex should be prosecuted.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Ha ha ha! There you go, bringing logic and common sense into it.

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

one word on each page !

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Monks are ineligible to vote.

I'll take your word for it. What's the thinking behind it?

That's assuming there is some. There's Phra Issrara-something-or-other who seems pretty involved in politics and "preaching" to people encouraging them about demonstrating, etc.

Archived