Forestry official died in fall, not abducted

webfact

Forestry official died in fall, not abducted

By Tossapol Boonpat 
The Nation

497ccd574dac3e3890388492aa8f1cf3.jpeg

Investigators have determined that Karun Wansawang, an employee of the Royal Thai Forestry Department originally believed to have been abducted, died from a head injury sustained in an accidental 20-metre fall while catching fish and frogs in a Mae Hong Son woodland.

Khun Yuam Police Superintendent Pol Col Sombat Supa said Karun, whose body was found on Monday in a creek bed, had died on Saturday, the same day he phoned his wife saying he was being abducted by 10 armed men he’d encountered in Doi Wiang La Forest.

Sombat said Karun was apparently lying to his wife in an attention-seeking bid after they’d had an argument.

His wallet contained Bt2,920 in cash and his phone records showed he has spoken that same day to a local police officer, who told investigators Karun sounded normal and had said nothing about armed men or an abduction.

Department deputy chief Jaresak Nantawong led a search involving five teams of police, forestry and district officials and paramilitary rangers over the weekend and into Monday.

Karun’s body was found in a dry creek bed, two kilometres from the Doi Wiang La Wildlife Conservation Area Office in Khun Yuam district.

Karun, 55, worked for the department’s Forest Products Research Unit in the district.

His funeral was held at Wat Kham Nai.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30343828

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-24

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

Sombat said Karun was apparently lying to his wife in an attention-seeking bid after they’d had an argument

Well, if he wanted attention, he could have just threatened to kill himself like some of my friend's ex gfs have done here. No need to involve the police and get yourself into big trouble. 

And he fell and died. What are the chances?

9 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Well, if he wanted attention, he could have just threatened to kill himself like some of my friend's ex gfs have done here. No need to involve the police and get yourself into big trouble. 

"What are the chances?

About Buckleys and Nunn,I would say.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Khun Yuam Police Superintendent Pol Col Sombat Supa said Karun, whose body was found on Monday in a creek bed, had died on Saturday, the same day he phoned his wife saying he was being abducted by 10 armed men he’d encountered in Doi Wiang La Forest.

He lied to his wife. He should have told her the truth. "

" I'm going to die in a fall next Monday"

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

It's always a friends ex gf isn't it?

3 minutes ago, SkyNets said:

"body was found in a dry creek bed" last time I checked, fish lived in water.

I go out looking for snakes a lot and I go up what I term 'dry riverbeds'.  There is still water there, but it isn't enough water to be considered a flow of water or a river.  There are still fish in some of the pools of water that remain.

In rainy season in the same riverbed there is a torrent of water, so much so that you can't cross the river.  Maybe that's why they call the creek dry even though it isn't technically dry.

Just now, NanLaew said:

It's always a friends ex gf isn't it?

Yes. I’ve been with my one and only Thai missus here for over 10 years now. But I did date some idiots before her. And that’s why I’m not with them. Could work them out in about 5 minutes. 

Cheers. 

Archived