Ten tourists injured as Khao San minivan slams into tree in Nakorn Pathom

snoop1130

Ten tourists injured as Khao San minivan slams into tree in Nakorn Pathom

1524546744730-960x0.jpg

Ten foreign tourists were injured and taken to hospital after a private minivan hired to take Khao San Road area tourists to the Erawan Falls in Kanchanaburi crashed in Nakorn Pathom, west of Bangkok, yesterday.

Police have detained the driver.

He told the cops that he lost control of his vehicle when another vehicle at a U-turn braked suddenly. 

According to Thai News Agency the minivan span out of control before slamming into a tree in the central reservation.

The accident happened near the entrance to the Uniland Golf and Country Club. 

No other details, names or nationalities were reported. 

Source: http://www.tnamcot.com/view/5adebcdee3f8e40af1dac48b

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-4-24

"He told the cops that he lost control of his vehicle when another vehicle at a U-turn braked suddenly.'

A professional driver  operates his vehicle at a speed and in a manner that he can take evasive action when his road is not clear.

Those bees around the foreigner's head look quite dangerous. I hope all the tourists recover and forgive the minivan.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

He told the cops that he lost control of his vehicle when another vehicle at a U-turn braked suddenly. 

Should read:

I was speeding like mad on the right lane.

I saw the U-turn sign but why should I care.

I was a bit sleepy, was a long shift (14 hours or so).

The culture like many others is unable to take blame...or assume responsibility.

For those interested it called rationalising...

I was late getting to the airport. Is changed to the plane left without me[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Must've been a lot worse years ago as Thai driving skills, particularly that of the mini-van drivers, have improved considerably over the last ten years or so. Just didn't get reported I suppose. Sheet, you want to try being squeezed up, knees around your ears, in the back of one of those old vans with a driver who thinks he's competing in Formula 1.

5 hours ago, maprao said:

The culture like many others is unable to take blame...or assume responsibility.

For those interested it called rationalising...

I was late getting to the airport. Is changed to the plane left without meemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.png

And it's not fair that they didn't wait for me, the airline knows that Bangkok has a lot of traffic jams. 

13 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Mini vans in Thailand are not safe.     Proceed at your own risk..

I think they are safe when parked and locked up , the drivers on t'other hand ...............much the same  , safe when parked or locked up.

No wonder they are going to question him further as there is no u turn at this section of road. There is lane that merges into the fast lane from Malaiman on to Phet Kasem so he probably just continued at a rate of knots and refused to 'merge'. 

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to Thai News Agency the minivan span out of control before slamming into a tree in the central reservation.

???? no collision..... I would have thought that the minivan would have had to go thru the turning vehicle, to end up in the central reservation

oh well, must be like getting shot in the right leg and having the bullet come out the left forearm

27 minutes ago, farcanell said:

???? no collision..... I would have thought that the minivan would have had to go thru the turning vehicle, to end up in the central reservation

oh well, must be like getting shot in the right leg and having the bullet come out the left forearm

There is no U turn as reported in the story. It I still possible that he swerved to avoid a car. Some traffic cuts from the merging lane on the right to the far left lane to turn towards Uniland. (You have about 100m to make it across the lanes of Phet Kasem). If that was the case he must have been fishtailing before hitting the tree.

6 minutes ago, digger70 said:

It's Not the Vans It's the Drivers That Are Not Safe and Incompetent.

Please offer your thoughts about the whole matter of vans and traffic accidents involving vans.

I'd like to hear what you have to say.

On 24/04/2018 at 9:32 PM, happy chappie said:

I see it on the box.he was going like a bat out of hell.the cops should throw the book at him and never let him behind the wheel again.

but will they??

Answer will be a big NO.....he will be back on the road doing same same 

Archived