BKK to KLIA2 and direct turnaround to BKK

vi2004

I have seen an almost similar question. But that is 2 years old.

So does anybody have new experiences with the waiting times at immigration in KLIA2.

I will arrive at KLIA2 (I guess because it's an Air Asia flight) at around 16:30 / 17:00 from BKK on a Saturday.
The return flight will be at 19:40.

Is that enough time to go through immigration in KLIA2, step outside and directly return and go through immigration again and then to the gate?

So 2,5 - 3 hours?

I have no luggage.

I remembered too late that years ago it was a real mess at KLIA2. Had to wait quite a while.

My next option would give me more than 6 hours "layover". Not sure what to do with 6 hours at KLIA2. But would also consider booking that to play safe.

• 2 weeks later...

When your flight arrives, if you are at the far gates, you will go up a huge escalator to meet the sky bridge hall.

They have free golf cart buggies which will take you to immigration. If there isn't one there, start walking. If a buggy comes past with a free seat, shout out and they will pick you up

As Andy mentioned above, it is a LONG walk otherwise

Inbound immigration at KLIA2 can still be crowded and slow

However you should make it through in 30-40 minutes max even when busy

Once you come out through customs from the baggage arrival hall in the ground floor leverl, immediately turn right and head to the escalators going upstairs, or find a lift at the back (another turn right)

If you do take the first escalator, you will follow the signs, and actually exit the building briefly, cross a road, and then go in through the main departures entrance.  The AirAsia counters are directly in front of you.

If you're getting close for time, just tell one of the Air Asia staff who man the check in Counters (Row U usually) and they will bring you up front

The online check-in/no checked baggage line is usually quicker or empty anyway

On 24/04/2018 at 11:49 PM, InMyShadow said:

You will be able to fit in a bite to eat at the excellent food court there and a few beers... Oh wait it's muzzo country so no beers.

stupid, uninformed hit-and-run post.  Total nonsense

Archived