Any performance feedback on the Uber to Grab change

Lumbini

Took that ride from Talat Phlu to Morchit bus station yesterday. Quote of 231 bath, same as with Uber b4. The big difference is the toll fees, which were included with Uber. Grab you'll pay them yourself, I just checked that on the Grab website,  as I was thinking the driver might pull a trick here.

So the fare is actually 50 more than Uber, and I need to deal with a substandard app.

Conclusion: Uninstall app, take normal taxi, about same fare, without the Grab monkey business.

Took that ride from Talat Phlu to Morchit bus station yesterday. Quote of 231 bath, same as with Uber b4. The big difference is the toll fees, which were included with Uber. Grab you'll pay them yourself, I just checked that on the Grab website,  as I was thinking the driver might pull a trick here.
So the fare is actually 50 more than Uber, and I need to deal with a substandard app.
Conclusion: Uninstall app, take normal taxi, about same fare, without the Grab monkey business.
Unfortunately you can't do that in Pattaya. When will the junta stop all the no meter taxi mafia ? In the meantime I just use my bicycle for shorter rides.

Archived