BANGKOK
malt25

Aerox advice please.

Some advice, info please. I'm seriously contemplating purchasing a new Yamaha Aerox scooter. For the past few years I've been using community Honda Wave & Scoopy. Time for a unit of my own.

80% of riding will be town traffic & remainder short distance day trips.

I'd appreciate advice, comments, both positive & negative. Also advice re the different versions. Standard, R version & ABS version. Is the additional cost per version justifiable ? I don't consider I'll be doing much, if any wet weather riding.

Thanks in advance.

I did not consider it worth it to go ABS, others might, I went for the R version and I like it. 

I like the speed of the bike, love the big size for luggage storage (can store a full face helmet). Love that the tank is not located under the seat. Some people have problems that it "only" holds around 4 liter of fuel. For me its more then enough as i live in bKK and there are gas stations everywhere. 

There is a huge topic on the Aerox 155 in this forum.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

How tall are you? I found the knee high box on left side annoying, and bought a pcx. Have not regret one day for the choice. If you are heavy, and also going to have a passenger, the only down side I have on pcx, is the thai sized suspension, and those need to be changed. I have also tried Nmax, and it is a better choice for me, but still Pcx I found suits me best. 

Edited by Hummin

Thanks Hummin. I weigh about 86kg. Passenger very rarely if ever. 173 cm.

2 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Thanks Hummin. I weigh about 86kg. Passenger very rarely if ever. 173 cm.

I am 179, so I guess Aerox will suit you well. Nice bike for sure, and one of the first I thought about when looking for a bike. Good price as well. 

And ABS dependes on how much rider experience you have? If you are used to ride bikes, then I would not consider ABS as an option worth paying for, but again, it is a good option for those who are relative new to biking. 

• Like 1

ABS is not the only "plus" of the top version. Also the smart key and the start-stop system are found only on the top version. The disk brake (only front unfortunately) looks different/bigger on the ABS version too.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:36 PM, Hummin said:

How tall are you? I found the knee high box on left side annoying, and bought a pcx. Have not regret one day for the choice.

I am 192cm, the right knee hits the front it's true but only if I sit forward. If I sit all the way back, it's ok - this makes less space for a passenger but I am usually alone. Still my legs would not stretch out on either aerox or pcx (or nmax), and I personally prefer the feeling of the aerox which is what I bought.

8 hours ago, arithai12 said:

ABS is not the only "plus" of the top version. Also the smart key and the start-stop system are found only on the top version. The disk brake (only front unfortunately) looks different/bigger on the ABS version too.

I am 192cm, the right knee hits the front it's true but only if I sit forward. If I sit all the way back, it's ok - this makes less space for a passenger but I am usually alone. Still my legs would not stretch out on either aerox or pcx (or nmax), and I personally prefer the feeling of the aerox which is what I bought.

Never regrat my pcx, but again it is a personal choice. I also tried the N-max, but again I found the pcx a better choice as my city bike. Good space for shopping and so on. 

Pcx is much better quality. Aerox and nmax feel cheap, but look good. I’ve personall had 4 nmax’s with under 10,000km that needed engine rebuilds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sit on it, if it feels right then go for it. Buy the ABS version, no matter how experienced of a rider you are, you cannot match the ABS's performance in sudden hard braking. Wet or dry riding, ABS brakes are better. 

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2018 at 8:36 AM, lust said:

Pcx is much better quality. Aerox and nmax feel cheap, but look good. I’ve personall had 4 nmax’s with under 10,000km that needed engine rebuilds.

no way have ridden them both, for me they are not even in the same ball park! The Yamaha is quicker, handles better and looks better. With a little bit of upgrade the Yamaha rocks here in Chiang Mai. Pirellis, Ykk suspension upgrades front and rear, tuned exhaust and lower the roller size to 9 grams in the transmission turned into a beast. If nothing else just put the pirellis on and wow yourself.

1 hour ago, gyps said:

lower the roller size to 9 grams

What comes stock?

On 8/29/2018 at 9:36 AM, lust said:

HMMMMMM.  4 bikes that needed engine rebuilds ?

maybe the problem lies with the rider rather than the motorcycle ?

• Like 1